Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got Frauded, Mycointainer platform can't be trusted!  (Read 58 times)
Wofa1nie (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 02:24:23 PM

Few days ago,I tried logging into my mycointainer account but I wasn't success as I was required to provide a 2FA code meanwhile I haven't enabled it. I decided to get assistance from  customer support, I was asked by the support representative to go through a second  KYC verification which I did despite the discomfort associated with KYC. Finally,the 2FA verification was removed from my account so I could access my account. I noticed the balance of all my viable coins was zero. I got a bit scared  and decided to get in touch with customer support again, only for me to be informed that there has been a withdrawal from my account which I wasn't aware since I received no email verification code prior to the withdrawal. Their support claimed it's likely my  password had been compromised. This was so bizzare to hear. Granted, my password was compromised, I use different passwords for my email and  mycointainer account so how come I didn't receive any email to confirm the withdrawal? Initially, I went by their statement and blamed myself for allowing my password to be compromised and not setting up google 2FA verification.

I decided to go to  the official telegram page at t.me/mycointainer, only to realise other users have been affected using the same 2FA excuse. Upon critical analysis, all these cases can't be isolated, it's clearly an insider at mycointainer is responsible for  this evil act of stealing funds of customers.

As a cheap way to keep a good image, the team keep deleting posts of users criticizing the team on their modus operandi especially concerning the recent unauthorized withdrawal of funds  fom users. Personally, I have been banned from the telegram group  while admonishing them to check the security of the platform since the cases are connected.

The management at mycointainer are using the excuse of 2FA authentication to exonerate themselves from any wrong doing. The method used in stealing the funds are the same and it's clear the cases are connected to the same "hacker". Mycointainer platform is not safe  as the management are not willing to take responsibility of the unfortunate.

Least I forgot, the dates of withdrawal of all the affected users occured around the same time. How do we keep the crypto space sanitized, when we have unscrupulous platform like mycointainer around?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: