Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Conor McGregor vs Manny Pacquiao  (Read 3393 times)
cajimec

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 01:12:10 PM

It is true that Bob Arum the promoter of Manny Pacquiao < >

Wrong, Manny Pacquiao is not anymore under Bob Arum promotion, he has his own promotion so his camp will only decide if they will accept this challenge.

Good for him as for me! Arum wasn't really good one promoter!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 01:33:54 PM

Wrong, Manny Pacquiao is not anymore under Bob Arum promotion, he has his own promotion so his camp will only decide if they will accept this challenge.

Arum was a legendary promoter, Manny was under the Top Rank promotion for a long time so Arum really did a great job on making Manny popular on his sport, but maybe it's really the trend that when a boxer is already popular, they create their own promotion so they can maximize their potential income.

uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 03:39:10 PM

Arum was a legendary promoter, Manny was under the Top Rank promotion for a long time so Arum really did a great job on making Manny popular on his sport, but maybe it's really the trend that when a boxer is already popular, they create their own promotion so they can maximize their potential income.
Bob Arum has his share of controversies throughout his career as his way of promoting a fighter is that he will be keeping majority of the fighters purse and that way he made a lot of money and there are rumors that he used to fix fights and we know how corrupted the boxing judges when we watch certain fights. Arum and Don King controlled the boxing promotion for a very long time as a monopoly.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 03:46:39 PM

I was not aware of that, i was still thinking that Bob Arum is still the promoter and if that is the case then the only person who needs to approve the fight is Dana White and if Conor McGregor is really interested to fight Manny Pacquiao then i am sure he will allow that to happen as Dana White is also a boxing promoter and he will be looking for big fights to make the official announcement.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 06:33:59 PM

He's might be crazy asking Manny for a fight, what a desperate thinking cause he never had a chance to win over Manny or anyone that has been in boxing. It could be better to fight in Octagon, not in boxing. If Manny will accept the fight, it simply not because of shutting up Conor but also because of money and that was an easy box for Manny either... Grin
obviously this is only for advertising purposes and nothing serious because for sure Manny's camp will never let Pacquiao Fight with this octagon fighter.

first Manny has a very Discipline boxing career and His reputation being senator is a type of serious person not like when MayWeather and Conor face that is a Joke and Money matter only no professionalism involved.

Everything has a price, we are talking of a big amount of money here and I don't think Manny's camp would not think twice before making a decision.
Regarding your statement, do you have an article you can share that Manny's camp won't allow this to happen?
Everything has indeed a price and setting these kind of fights arent really new.It turns out that this would be like exhibition or promotional fights.

We cant be sure if Manny's team wont accept if the price or offer is good.His reputation wont really be hurt up but its clear as water on whose gonna win
thats why this fight would be just good for entertainment not for an actual boxing fight essence.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 03:48:54 AM

I was not aware of that, i was still thinking that Bob Arum is still the promoter and if that is the case then the only person who needs to approve the fight is Dana White and if Conor McGregor is really interested to fight Manny Pacquiao then i am sure he will allow that to happen as Dana White is also a boxing promoter and he will be looking for big fights to make the official announcement.

This thread has been running for a long time now, and there is no indication that the fight will push through at all, Dana White already made an announcement that it's going to be another MMA fight for Connor again, Dana White wants to get Connor in top standing in the MMA and a fight with Pacquiao will not do him good.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 06:50:18 AM

In contrast, Conor is demanding boxing superstars. He's the one who's saying a lot about improving his boxing skills and record.
Actually, his demand is not the most surprising thing here, promoters letting him to make his demands granted is Grin. I mean, it was already a simple logic taht MMA and Boxing is two different worlds and yet they still able to pull it off (like the McGregor vs Mayweather fight). Now I more realized how money make all things possible. Imagine, they able to merge MMA and boxing lol Roll Eyes. It's weird to be honest.
Bob Arum does not sound like a sports enthusiast with his crazy proposals.
Of course! Because he was a businessman. It doesn't matter if the match is not justifiable or doesn't make any sense at all, as long as the crowd wants it and it gives him money in return then everything will be set up Grin.

The problem is that the crowd does not seem to want it. But they are brilliant enough to stir some interest in people who do not care much about the sports whose image this match seems to dishonor.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:13:38 AM

This thread has been running for a long time now, and there is no indication that the fight will push through at all, Dana White already made an announcement that it's going to be another MMA fight for Connor again, Dana White wants to get Connor in top standing in the MMA and a fight with Pacquiao will not do him good.
I am sure Dana White and Conor McGregor will not rush this time, he fought Floyd Mayweather in a few months notice and that too making his debut in boxing and i am not sure whether he prepared well nor he went to his old boxing club for that fight now he is back with his old boxing club where he learned boxing and he needs to prepare specifically for the fighter and rather than a spectacle he wants to win and this will take some time.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:17:00 AM

The problem is that the crowd does not seem to want it. But they are brilliant enough to stir some interest in people who do not care much about the sports whose image this match seems to dishonor.
The promoters and the fighters like to tease these kind of fights to stir interest in the fans and i remember Conor McGregor steering the interest of the fans by calling out Floyd Mayweather and then Floyd responded and it all started through social media and the hype started to build and the UFC and the Mayweather promotion did the right thing, rather than frustrating the fans they put the fight together and so is the reason it is the highest grossing fight in history.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 10:58:09 AM

The promoters and the fighters like to tease these kind of fights to stir interest in the fans and i remember Conor McGregor steering the interest of the fans by calling out Floyd Mayweather and then Floyd responded and it all started through social media and the hype started to build and the UFC and the Mayweather promotion did the right thing, rather than frustrating the fans they put the fight together and so is the reason it is the highest grossing fight in history.

And they ended up frustrating the fans just the same, right? That is because the match was not really a decent one to start with. It should not have been made in the first place.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:12:15 AM

And they ended up frustrating the fans just the same, right? That is because the match was not really a decent one to start with. It should not have been made in the first place.
none of fans either party expect this to be done so there is no frustrating that happens because people now are not that stupid to believe this will happen to reality,though maybe there are some who might wanted to be true but majority ,specially Pacquiao's fans that wont trust this news instead they believe it is just a Joke(i am one of those)

Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:58:53 AM

none of fans either party expect this to be done so there is no frustrating that happens because people now are not that stupid to believe this will happen to reality,though maybe there are some who might wanted to be true but majority ,specially Pacquiao's fans that wont trust this news instead they believe it is just a Joke(i am one of those)
With Manny, this fight would not be boring, no fights of Manny I find it boring, especialyl if the opponent is also engaging, unlike Mayweather who does not totally take a risk of knocking out his opponent, probably if this fight happens, it could possibly end up a KO win by Manny.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 12:27:00 PM

And they are trying to make that thing to happen again if possible. This fight if being pushed by both ends and a good response from the fans
it will receive attentions and a possible lead to make things possible and bring huge money from fans, gamblers and cable viewers.
Things still unpredictable possibilities still there for this fight to happen if both camp will agree and sign the contract.
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 05:06:26 PM

You don't have any idea how big Arum is?

Didn't you know that Arum is one of the reasons why Pacquiao able to challenge a famous boxer before? Arum is the one picking it. Arum is also the reason why Pacquaio is bagging lots of money every fight because the promoter is the one who manages it. You need to have a big promoter if you want to make your name big and not just pure talent. And without an influential promoter, do you think you can manage to sell out a ticket and pay per view? You need a big promoter on your start-up and that's what's Manny comply.
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 06:54:28 PM

Seems like both sides want it and I am sure it will happen this year.
It is going to be a match of the year with a lot of money involved! Booth sportists are big stars in boxing and it is definitely are going to be a huge event!
In this match I am on the side of McGregor. This guy is a legend, not just as a boxer, but as a individual too. Did you know that he builds houses for poor families in his hometown? That man has a lot of respect from my side!
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 09:41:44 PM

Lol, Arum has guided a lot of boxers, his been in this industry even prior to most of us being born.  Smiley

So I wouldn't say that Arum is not good promoter, he really is, him and Don King revolutionised how boxing is being promoted that's why you will hear now the term cash-cow of boxing because of them. Manny Pacquiao is under Al Haymon now though of PBC.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Jating

Merit: 808

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 10:00:04 PM

Seems like both sides want it and I am sure it will happen this year.
It is going to be a match of the year with a lot of money involved! Booth sportists are big stars in boxing and it is definitely are going to be a huge event!
In this match I am on the side of McGregor. This guy is a legend, not just as a boxer, but as a individual too. Did you know that he builds houses for poor families in his hometown? That man has a lot of respect from my side!

Did you know that Manny Pacquiao is a Senator on his native country? So that alone would make him help lot of people in the Philippines even prior to becoming a Senator. Of course, if they wanted to fight and make tons of money they can just sit down and talk and make an agreement.

But I think the ball will be on Manny side, he is a busy person, usually he only fights when the Senate in on a break. Being a Senator is still Manny's priority, so we will have to wait and see.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:59:10 PM

Being a Senator is still Manny's priority, so we will have to wait and see.

Exactly, he needs to focus on his job now because he might run for President soon, who knows, he all have the money to do that.
And if he will take the fight against Conor, that would be an additional for his funds in case he really plan to run in a higher position in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:47:01 AM

Exactly, he needs to focus on his job now because he might run for President soon, who knows, he all have the money to do that.
And if he will take the fight against Conor, that would be an additional for his funds in case he really plan to run in a higher position in the future.

Base on my observations even they going to run for the president he did not won that is for me, Many people are saying thatif they want to be politician they need to give up their boxing career but he can do that both while being senator to the Philippines they also doing fight in boxing ring .  I think they already have a lot of money so they can use it if he want to other positions in the government.
Jating

Merit: 808

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 02:13:59 AM

Right, to be honest I think that Manny Pacquaio is really doing good as Senator of the Philippines so I won't be surprised that people are going to clamour for him to run for a higher position - the Presidency.

Well for sure the Conor fight will bring him more money and all that stuff and yeah, running for a President needs a lot of funds and you really need to have a deep pocket. So the possibility of him and Conor facing each other are great, its just a matter of schedule I guess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: