Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Aussie miners wanting to sell BTC regularly?  (Read 1170 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 08:35:56 AM

I have an Australian bank account (Westpac) and am interested to see if any Aussie miners (assuming there are some) might be interested to sell me BTC regularly (say once per week or month).

The agreement would be that the BTC would be sent in exchange for AUD at a specific regular time and the price would be the half way between the current highest Bid and lowest Ask at Gox at that time (give or take a few minutes). The advantage to you is simply that you would not have any fees associated with redeeming your AUD (or have to incur any currency conversion costs or go through an exchange).

Provided any interested party has developed a decent reputation on this forum then I am willing to provide the AUD in advance of the BTC delivery each week/month.

Regards,

Ian Knowles.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sapp

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:09:05 AM

I am an Aussie, I am having trouble finding a suitable mining program.  can you suggest any, I would like too mine
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:33:02 AM

I have an Australian bank account (Westpac) and am interested to see if any Aussie miners (assuming there are some) might be interested to sell me BTC regularly (say once per week or month).

The agreement would be that the BTC would be sent in exchange for AUD at a specific regular time and the price would be the half way between the current highest Bid and lowest Ask at Gox at that time (give or take a few minutes). The advantage to you is simply that you would not have any fees associated with redeeming your AUD (or have to incur any currency conversion costs or go through an exchange).

Provided any interested party has developed a decent reputation on this forum then I am willing to provide the AUD in advance of the BTC delivery each week/month.

Regards,

Ian Knowles.

Ask in #bitcoin-aus or #ozcoin on irc.freenode.net Smiley
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 06:52:21 AM

Are you in Australia?

If so, you can buy bitcoins from http://au.spendbitcoins.com by depositing cash at NAB as often as you want (up to $2000 per day).

My rates flucuate with supply and demand, but seem to usually (completely coincidentally) be very similar to the last price on wbxAUD, the exchange with by far the highest AUD volume.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 09:06:44 AM

First thanks SomeoneWeird for the IRC suggestion (will follow that up when I have some free time).

Unfortunately Jeremy I am an expat (living in PRC) so the NAB option is not really going to work for me. Sad

It is a little frustrating (especially when bank to bank transfers are free in Aus) to try and get BTC when you end up either having to fork out for TT's or get "instant" prices that are often around 10% above market.

Hopefully will work out a something reasonable enough soon as I am wishing to offer BTC rewards for an upcoming Open Source project (which will most likely involve thousands of BTC).

Cheers,

Ian Knowles.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

astana

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:13:44 PM

I could and would sell to you, I have Australian accounts but really not @ 2% + mtgox, it's really not worth it. Unless you really need to cash out or are doing $10K trades, You just have to pay tax sometimes, just the way it is.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 08:03:28 AM

You just have to pay tax sometimes, just the way it is.

Very true and the suggested half-way between Buy & Sell on Mt. Gox is not set in stone (am just trying to get the best bang for the buck without risking more than a relatively small amount of AUD in the process).

If you would like to PM me with an offer then I will most certainly consider it.

Regards,

Ian Knowles.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: