Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsustainable debt: A libertarian dream  (Read 2286 times)
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:48:45 PM

I will admit the treasury gets 25% dividends but that is only true if the back fully discloses its income. The Federal Reserve gave over $16 trillion in secret loans that remained unreported for quite awhile. Central banks tend not to be held accountable for these sorts of things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:51:28 PM

I will admit the treasury gets 25% dividends but that is only true if the back fully discloses its income. The Federal Reserve gave over $16 trillion in secret loans that remained unreported for quite awhile. Central banks tend not to be held accountable for these sorts of things.

The Bank of England is transparent.  The state is the ONLY shareholder.  All its actions are public with a 30 or 90 day delay.  Oddly, its not accountable.  Currently they are flagrantly in breach of their charter but getting away with it because the government has bought into its Krugman-type analysis of the inflation rate.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 10:33:17 PM

From the site:

"If the Bank of England has share holders do they get paid dividends, and what was the value of dividends paid in the past five years?'
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:23:05 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2011, 11:33:57 PM by Hawker

From the site:

"If the Bank of England has share holders do they get paid dividends, and what was the value of dividends paid in the past five years?'

And the answer to the question is they don't have shareholderS.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/foi/disc091106.htm

'Does the Bank of England have shareholders? If the Bank does have shareholders who are they?'

The Bank of England is the central bank of the whole of the UK and was established as a corporate body by Royal Charter under the Bank of England Act 1694. The Bank was nationalised on 1 March 1946, and gained operational independence to set interest rates in 1997. The Bank is a public sector institution wholly-owned by the government...

Please please don't act stupid for the sake of acting stupid.  We already know your arguments don't make sense but that is no reason to act like you personally cannot read.

mokimarket (OP)

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:48:48 AM

I disagree with you based on your premise that there will ever be incentive to lower the debt. Our monetary policy is provided by a private organization that thrives on debt and they own the majority of it: It's called The Federal Reserve. The greater the debt, the larger the amount of the US's wealth they own. They'll happily hold claim over the political collateral that is the US and its citizenry any day over being paid off.

Your dream is a false one. The truth is the greater the debt, the greater our benefactor's power. Little can stop this machine especially the pretentious old men on capitol hill. They were the ones that signed this nation over to The Federal Reserve in the first place.

The only conclusion is the banker's continuing their endless cycle of laundering through their international monetary regime. They continue to dilute our money while they increase theirs (Gold). As they do this, the further we dive into slavery all made possible by worthless paper we consider wealth.

In summary, don't put your faith in puppets.

Well I agree that lowering the debt is not the goal, but rather growing the economy. And there considerable untapped growth in the black markets.

ALPHA.

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:33:05 PM

Heh, Hawker, why is such resentment worth your energy? Do I really have that much say in your happiness? You're stronger than this.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:40:26 PM

Heh, Hawker, why is such resentment worth your energy? Do I really have that much say in your happiness? You're stronger than this.

What?  Everyone else is allowed to be emo and not me Sad  No fair.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:45:53 PM

Well, if this forum is truly full of people who thrive on angst and emotion, that would explain a lot.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: