Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminal complaint against Mt. Gox and Mark Karpeles  (Read 4686 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:53:26 AM

"The amended US suit also added Mark Karpeles’ second-in-command Gonzague ***-Bouchery and Mt. Gox’s original founder and shareholder Jed McCaleb as defendants."

sucks that jed mccaleb got dragged into all this.

JED IS INNOCENT.

source:  http://www.coindesk.com/japanese-megabank-mizuho-now-official-defendant-gox-saga/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andy10000

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:06:05 PM

JED IS INNOCENT.

Really? How do you know? I'm not saying he isn't, but I'm saying we have no idea what's really happened there. McCaleb has a new start up that he's pouring development money into. Maybe he raided the Gox piggy bank for some start up capital figuring he could have it all back before it would be needed. That's not as crazy a theory as some stuff I've heard here an on Reddit. I'm not saying he did. I'm just saying we have no way of knowing cos no one is telling us anything.
xsmoffx

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

There's an embarrassing irony, watching libertarian bitcoiners, passionate about a currency that doesn't depend on the government, screaming for the protection of the SEC.

If Mt Gox has a small team working on solving this, and they are as incompetent as everyone says, holding them up in a law suit isn't going to make them fix the problem any faster. If they were insolvent then I would hope they would have had the good sense to tap into this ongoing arbitrage opportunity which they have exclusive access to, in order to balance their books by now, and there's plenty of cash for everyone.

As far as I can tell, Bitcoin's fiat withdrawal hasn't ever been halted. Didn't I read that in a MT Gox press release? One of the tiny bits of information they have given out. It's still as painfully slow (over a month) as it's always been. All you have to do is ask for your cash. Has anyone read through the terms and conditions we signed up for when we opened our MT Gox accounts? Does it say anything about timely access to fiat and BTC?

These guys (at mt gox) are clearly not the sharpest tools in the box, under resourced, badly managed, indifferent to the balling of their customers, but right now, letting them get on with their IT fix is the best we can do.

Disclosure: I have a good few BTC in MT Gox and would very much like to get it out to Bitstamp asap. I have no doubts that MTGox has enough cash and BTC to cover my investment. My only doubt is if they have the wherewithal to develop their software solution this side of March.

This is the most sober view about what's happening with MtGox and and our community's attitude to this situation
andy10000

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:05:38 AM

There's an embarrassing irony, watching libertarian bitcoiners, passionate about a currency that doesn't depend on the government, screaming for the protection of the SEC.

If Mt Gox has a small team working on solving this, and they are as incompetent as everyone says, holding them up in a law suit isn't going to make them fix the problem any faster. If they were insolvent then I would hope they would have had the good sense to tap into this ongoing arbitrage opportunity which they have exclusive access to, in order to balance their books by now, and there's plenty of cash for everyone.

As far as I can tell, Bitcoin's fiat withdrawal hasn't ever been halted. Didn't I read that in a MT Gox press release? One of the tiny bits of information they have given out. It's still as painfully slow (over a month) as it's always been. All you have to do is ask for your cash. Has anyone read through the terms and conditions we signed up for when we opened our MT Gox accounts? Does it say anything about timely access to fiat and BTC?

These guys (at mt gox) are clearly not the sharpest tools in the box, under resourced, badly managed, indifferent to the balling of their customers, but right now, letting them get on with their IT fix is the best we can do.

Disclosure: I have a good few BTC in MT Gox and would very much like to get it out to Bitstamp asap. I have no doubts that MTGox has enough cash and BTC to cover my investment. My only doubt is if they have the wherewithal to develop their software solution this side of March.

This is the most sober view about what's happening with MtGox and and our community's attitude to this situation

Yeah, well I'm eating those words now. Sad
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:09:01 AM

work on it in jail, you get out when the money is found -- that simple
toxique

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:26 PM

The multi-party lawsuit is an interesting civil case against Mt. Gox? I don't think so
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: