Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Legacy BTC Wallet Clean-Up. Is This Wise?
Yep! You should have done so long ago! - 2 (40%)
Nope! Craig Wright is Satoshi! - 0 (0%)
Would have waited not done so yet! - 1 (20%)
Distracted! By your 48.45779675 BTC. Hate you! - 1 (20%)
You were wise. I am Satoshi! - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashing out Legacy BTC-Core Wallet (empty) of BSV/BCH/Other to BTC-Core. Poll!  (Read 116 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 09:06:29 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2020, 02:38:38 AM by Searing

Well, I moved some BTC-Core to another wallet. Thus I have like 48.45779675 BSV and BCH from this legacy address burning a hole in my pocket.

So with no real risk, IMHO, (I'm so into BTC Core as to make the BSV and BCH irrelevant), I should really just dump all the above and the other forks

of this emptied BTC-Core wallet and just pay the capital gains (15% cap gains 10% state taxes in the USA) and that would give me at today's rates enough

to get me 5.29 BTC-Core. Guess I'm gonna dig the paper wallet out of the safety deposit box on Monday and do this ASAP before the BSV (if not BCH) crashes

big time. No matter what, not a bad haul for just HODL'ing BTC from back in the day. (Let the hating commence on this thread now) Smiley

So what are your views on my "flushing" all forks of BTC-Core above paper wallet of forked coin..now that I moved the BTC-Core coins to another address?

Is this something you would do in my place with BSV and BCH and/or all the other forked altcoins on this 'legacy address'?

Chump or Champ, whatcha think?

Take the poll!

Brad

edit: messed up fixed BTC after cap gains and state taxes above to 5.29 BTC.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 09:18:41 PM

I dumped my Bcash quite soon after that shitcoin was created, so even though I didn't get any BSV, I still got much more profit off it because back in the day the price was like 3 times higher than now (I'm talking about BTC price, not USD). You are doing a right thing by dumping those shitcoins asap, they will be going further down over they years, all these pumps are just manipulations created to draw suckers.

Also, why are you referring to Bitcoin as "BTC-Core"? You're just creating confusion, it sounds like you are talking about yet another fork.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 09:23:58 PM

I dumped my Bcash quite soon after that shitcoin was created, so even though I didn't get any BSV, I still got much more profit off it because back in the day the price was like 3 times higher than now (I'm talking about BTC price, not USD). You are doing a right thing by dumping those shitcoins asap, they will be going further down over they years, all these pumps are just manipulations created to draw suckers.

Also, why are you referring to Bitcoin as "BTC-Core"? You're just creating confusion, it sounds like you are talking about yet another fork.

that was to differentiate from the BSV and BCH folk so they know exactly what I'm doing (there confused little minds is that bsv or bch = btc)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 09:34:54 PM

All these forks have proven they can't keep up with BTC, they are good reward for being a holder of BTC long term. But something is telling me that BCH and BSV are likely going to out perform BTC with the coming halving event, you need less fund to pump them and with both being centralised now, expect a major pump from both, just for their developers to prove my own chain is better than yours

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
camku
Copper Member

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:44:08 PM

While your splitting BCH and BSV, you should also split and claim Bitcoin Diamond (BCD), and Bitcoin Gold (BTG).

BTG and BCD combined you're looking at an extra 0.1+ BTC, and both can be easily deposited and sold on Binance.

Forkdrop.io is a good resource for when looking to claim and sell BTC forks.

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 10:54:03 PM

While your splitting BCH and BSV, you should also split and claim Bitcoin Diamond (BCD), and Bitcoin Gold (BTG).

BTG and BCD combined you're looking at an extra 0.1+ BTC, and both can be easily deposited and sold on Binance.

Forkdrop.io is a good resource for when looking to claim and sell BTC forks.

thanks. the only problem I have is WHEN to do this forking of coins

1) if I wait too long it makes no sense vs the price of forked coins via BTC-core coins I plan to move these forks to ..taking off...in other words now I'd get like

5.29 coins for my 48.45 BTC wallet if BTC-core takes off that Bitcoin forked coins to move could lessen or become more..when to pull the trigger

2) BCH has a halving coming up before BTC-core having ..that also complicates things

3) BSV, of course, you try to time it like watching the ramblings of CW as a 'cult' leader..that is boom or bust any day now IMHO

likely more of like the above in the wind that escapes my mind at the moment.

Whatever choice I make on buy-sell with any crypto vs HODL since 2013 I can usually justify NOT selling and just HODL'ing ...but right now I likely have about

11 BTC-core equivalent coins (after 15% cap gains and 10% state taxes figured in) for 'essentially' forked coins that fell out of the sky on my legacy address.

I mean really? How greedy do I need to be? I'm SO much into BTC-Core for coins that even if I'm wrong it would not matter if BTC-core is somehow made

beanie babies...these forked BCH/BSV/BTG/BTD etc ain't gonna matter enough to cover the angst anyway...so right now thinking to screw it and get the 10 BTC

out and add to the BTC-core HODL...do or die....chump or champ...all in....but WHEN to pull the trigger on such sales vs BTC-core gained keeps getting more 'interesting'

day by day. BTC your merciless bitch..it is like trying to nail jello to make some kinda logical decisions on anything crypto-related...I should just use a magic 8-ball. Smiley

( Man, I have a lot of 1st World Problems these days don't I....seemed I bitched as much when BTC was $150 a coin...such a tool I am) Sad

Brad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: