Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WINNING THE GAME AGAINST BAD PROJECTS  (Read 1243 times)
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 01:27:47 PM

Hello guys, having been here for a while now, I feel that having a higher percentage of your portfolio on bitcoin and maybe the rest 30 or 35% on already good and established altcoins like ETH, BCH, Stellar, brave. BNB, Vchain, etc, is a good way of staying away from useless projects. I have come to an understanding that running after new promising projects always leave you heartbroken in 97times, and running after IEO to quickly make up for past losses lead to more havoc on your fund. So stick to the safe zone.

Perhaps there is nothing wrong with it. But the allocation would still depend upon the individual. Anyway you can do this safe zone thingy anytime but do not hold back yourself trying out new thing atleast. Just do it with utmost restriction so you won't do it recklessly, like if you want to try new coins then do invest like even 2% or 5% of your total earnings although return isn't big but the risk isn't going to damaged you big either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 01:31:31 PM

Hello guys, having been here for a while now, I feel that having a higher percentage of your portfolio on bitcoin and maybe the rest 30 or 35% on already good and established altcoins like ETH, BCH, Stellar, brave. BNB, Vchain, etc, is a good way of staying away from useless projects. I have come to an understanding that running after new promising projects always leave you heartbroken in 97times, and running after IEO to quickly make up for past losses lead to more havoc on your fund. So stick to the safe zone.
There always is a constant risk of losing money in any newly launched project as not each of those project succeed. There are some of those projects who did not even reach their roadmap structure and fail to even list their tokens on any exchange. In this situation, people who have invested their capital into these projects are the ones who have to bear the loss as they would never see that money coming back.

Yet there are few projects which can really cover your past loses as they have the potential to multiply in-numerous times and give you immense profits. There takes a lot of efforts in finding such project but once you do so, you would be the one filling your bags with profits.
many cases like that, they were good when doing the project at the beginning but after a few days later began to see problems and a lot of bad news circulating and even the response has been slow as happened in some other projects so far only projects that have teams that have good and have experience about the technology that will be successful.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 01:54:48 PM

I agree with you, playing safe is our method and solution to face market and reality right now. Established coin look's expensive but worth because already have fundamental foundation and track record history, we can review it easier than new coin. BNB and BCH is my priority right now and avoid bitcoin because still in negative movement, my fund not enough for recovery. No need split into many coins, just take 2 - 3 coins is enough.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:26:16 PM

People should know hold new tokens for long time not guarantee us to make profit, but hold big altcoin can give us chance to feel the profit from it and it must be know by a lot of people. With that, maybe less people will suffer from losing in ICO/IEO because they know what perfect time to get out and change to new project.
The tokens obtained from the new project can indeed be said to be worthless at the moment or in the end just become junk in the wallet and I think for now many people will prefer to invest in large altcoins or top altcoins and maybe invest into bitcoins because we can see bitcoin price movements in early January is a good price movement and maybe bitcoin will be able to increase again later.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:59:31 PM

I agree with you, playing safe is our method and solution to face market and reality right now. Established coin look's expensive but worth because already have fundamental foundation and track record history, we can review it easier than new coin. BNB and BCH is my priority right now and avoid bitcoin because still in negative movement, my fund not enough for recovery. No need split into many coins, just take 2 - 3 coins is enough.
If you want to play safe stick only with bitcoin only and don't touch any altcoins, with exception of established coins. I don't think any coin is expensive it's just the amount of your investment is small and it doesn't really matter how much you want to invest in investing. If i were you i would sell my bitcoin cash and buy it with bitcoin or other altcoins instead, BNB is fine because overtime the price will increase because there's alot of people holding their tokens to get benefits in the exchange.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 03:36:19 PM

The hardest thing is sometimes it is too late before we realize that we are chasing dreams on these new coins, when in fact the real gold is on those old coins that are performing very well in the market, we can go back to these new projects but only after the market condition have improved, the Cryptocurrency is still young.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 03:42:10 PM

If you want to play safe stick only with bitcoin only and don't touch any altcoins, with exception of established coins. I don't think any coin is expensive it's just the amount of your investment is small and it doesn't really matter how much you want to invest in investing. If i were you i would sell my bitcoin cash and buy it with bitcoin or other altcoins instead, BNB is fine because overtime the price will increase because there's alot of people holding their tokens to get benefits in the exchange.

It is really up to the crypto user where he wants to invest his money. The risks involved should be his responsibility. So either investing his money on bitcoin or other alts, it is his task to do the research and embrace the risks involved. At the end of the day, no one will be in charge of his assets but him. So he should know how to protect his investments for his own interest.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 04:06:58 PM

It is really up to the crypto user where he wants to invest his money. The risks involved should be his responsibility. So either investing his money on bitcoin or other alts, it is his task to do the research and embrace the risks involved. At the end of the day, no one will be in charge of his assets but him. So he should know how to protect his investments for his own interest.
It depends on their preferences, investor usually grab an opportunity if an investment seems good and profitable though the problem most of them don't analyze the possibilities before investing that's why they end up blaming it. Without even realizing that they are also the reason why they end up being in that kind of situation wherein they lose everything and suffer the consequences of their stupid mistakes. As an investor, they should know their obligations and one of it is to make sure that their funds and assets are safe and secured. They can't just invest their money on a project just because it seems good, of course every project looks good because they are designed to attract people and make them interested but if you are wise enough then you can easily determine which one is worth it and beneficial. You will surely do some exploration and study to make sure that you will be not wasting your time and effort, you will look for every details about that project that will guide you on deciding whether to invest or look for much better investment.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 04:54:57 AM

I'm in full support of your view. It's more cheaper and better to stick with the established projects with track record of success over the years and who are among the first 20 projects in the coin market cap. It safes you the stress of worrying over new projects who are in most cases only interested in deceiving the investing public.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 09:44:57 AM

There always is a constant risk of losing money in any newly launched project as not each of those project succeed. There are some of those projects who did not even reach their roadmap structure and fail to even list their tokens on any exchange. In this situation, people who have invested their capital into these projects are the ones who have to bear the loss as they would never see that money coming back.

Yet there are few projects which can really cover your past loses as they have the potential to multiply in-numerous times and give you immense profits. There takes a lot of efforts in finding such project but once you do so, you would be the one filling your bags with profits.
many cases like that, they were good when doing the project at the beginning but after a few days later began to see problems and a lot of bad news circulating and even the response has been slow as happened in some other projects so far only projects that have teams that have good and have experience about the technology that will be successful.
That's true and this scam project were doing camouflage to raise the trust from the investors but they become the scam project when they were on the development progress. The problem is when the investors participated in the ico which was not using escrow and the scam has control to the all of funds that have already raised from the investors.
Escrow should be the best solution in this case.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2020, 11:36:14 AM

I agree it is best to have our portfolio consist of coins and token that have a huge volume and have good enough support from the community.  Having this kind of investment is a solid one because it won't just crumble anytime unlike if we hold lots of shitcoin with little to no value.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:10:13 AM

By safe zone you mean holding coins for a long term? Well, that's an old practice that even I myself still doing until now. Bad projects can be spotted so we can avoid investing to such. Also, diversifying coins is good if you know how to take risk management. I agree that selecting well established coins for long term holding is somehow better than joining and buying coins with unsure outcome or profits.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:49:12 AM

It's true that the portfolio is perfect for avoiding bad projects because we choose projects that already have big names, this is also for safe investment when compared to IEO investments regarding risk. But this can also reduce the development potential of blockchain technology because as we have seen that good ideas often emerge from the IEO development, only the realization is not so good in IEO because most developers play around on their projects. The proverb says that to try to get out of the safe zone and look for new things, it gives a broad view.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 06:36:39 AM

As suggested it is always good to have the maximum holding in the form of bitcoin. Apart from this it is good to go with top order altcoins for a assured profiting, which we can't expect with every altcoin. Else, one needs to be Lucky to earn out of the bad projects. From one of the bounty I participated the rewards received weren't worth $100, but after around six months of holding saw the value grow to $2000. This is the effect of continued development of the project. So bad projects too can give good return if we're lucky.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 06:42:32 AM

The safest coin to invest on is bitcoin, much better than investing in altcoins that can take unexpected turn anytime and with bitcoin you don't have to worry because within a year bitcoin always makes a better move, not only once but few times

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 08:49:34 AM

The only actual means or ways to stay away from bad projects is: never be too rush to embrace new projects without solid proof of their existence. This has been our major problems around the world of cryptocurrency and should be corrected to avoid the bad projects. Another way to possibly wage war against bad projects is, diversification of portfolios, this should be inclusive of Bitcoin and the top 10 coins on coinmarketcaps. Reasons be that; these coins have been tested and trusted by many crypto enthusiasts.

miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 09:29:06 AM

I think so, it is better to hold less profitable but safe assets than risky ones. Bitcoin and top altcoins should take at least 90% of your portfolio and you can use the rest 10% for some kind of risky investments in low cap altcoins.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:20:41 PM

To be honest I don't know why people are stressing themselves over altcoin investment, the most safest way to invest in altcoins is to go for top altcoins like under the top 100 radar and there won't be any problem, most problems occurring about altcoins are mostly on new projects

bitgolden
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1128

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 05:44:17 AM

Lol you’re not the only one that has had this experience Cool I have had this same experience, maybe it’s due to me making a mistake or something. But I know for sure that I did proper research on those projects that I invested but most of them still disappointed. That’s why I have made up my mind to keep investing in altcoins that are also well established. And I was go for the top ten or twenty coins, I no longer go below that because those other ones tends to be disappointing. For now I have up to six altcoins that are stored in my wallet: Ethereum, Ox, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Stellar Lumens, and BAT.

There’s been a hype around Chainlink this year and I might add it to portfolio. I have done research on it and it’s good.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 06:06:33 AM

To be honest I don't know why people are stressing themselves over altcoin investment.

It's not that they are stressing themselves out. Most crypto investors have specific advisors. This is for huge or whales. Of course their advisors are those experience traders and their grounds for doing massive trading is the new altcoin projects. It's also good to invest on the major altcoins and surely you can be playsafe but others are gambling as well in order to gain profits. Investors or traders they have different preference which we should always think of as a challenge to them. Anyway, I am not an altcoin player but an investor too like you of those major coins such as eth and xrp.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: