Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send Bitcoin dividends easily?  (Read 197 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 06:01:33 PM

Is there an easier way to send Bitcoin dividends easily without having to type (or pasting) many Bitcoin addresses in Electrum wallet? I know that it's possible to send batch transactions using the "send to many" feature, but I want to save time by selecting a large number of Bitcoin addresses and sending a fixed payment at certain periods of time. This of course, would be for the PC version of the Electrum wallet. Any advice on how to do this on mobile devices as well, would be greatly appreciated.

Do you think that it's be possible to do something like this? Thanks in advance. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 06:26:01 PM
Merited by Abiky (1)

Is there an easier way to send Bitcoin dividends easily without having to type (or pasting) many Bitcoin addresses in Electrum wallet? I know that it's possible to send batch transactions using the "send to many" feature, but I want to save time by selecting a large number of Bitcoin addresses and sending a fixed payment at certain periods of time. This of course, would be for the PC version of the Electrum wallet. Any advice on how to do this on mobile devices as well, would be greatly appreciated.

Do you think that it's be possible to do something like this? Thanks in advance. Smiley

I think you have to fill the Contacts tab... Oh wait, what do you know, that is actually written in the documentation (who reads stuff anyway? Smiley):

Can I do bulk payments with Electrum?

You can create a transaction with several outputs. In the GUI, type each address and amount on a line, separated by a comma.

Amounts are in the current unit set in the client. The total is shown in the GUI.

You can also import a CSV file in the “Pay to” field, by clicking on the folder icon.

That CSV file would save you a lot of time i guess. Remember you can export those from spreadsheet programs...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6203

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 06:39:45 PM
Merited by Abiky (1)

This comes up from time to time.
It is simple to do it with the core wallet.

Code:
bitcoind sendmany "FromAccountName" "{\"address#1\":.001,\"address#2\":.002}"

And so on.
If you do a bit of programming you can generate a file and run the command against it to send out the payments.

No clue on how to do it with Electrum but I'm sure it can be done.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1266

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 07:15:47 PM

As DaveF and Artemis3 pointed out, sending payments in a batch to many bitcoin addresses has been made simple over the various updates which are being provided to Core and Electrum.

Any advice on how to do this on mobile devices as well, would be greatly appreciated.

I guess OP is well aware with paytomany feature, but seems to be asking for a solution to do this on mobile devices actually. Abiky, I am not really sure about other wallets but I quite frequently use Mycelium and all I would say is that I don't think there is a feature to do the paytomany addresses through a mobile app as far as I know. But I have seen a feature request for the same in mycelium github page being denied.  Sad

If there is already a feature for paytomany in a mobile wallet, it would be pretty much cumbersome to paste those multiple addresses and send correct payments to each address.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16493

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 07:33:09 PM
Merited by Abiky (2)

I want to save time by selecting a large number of Bitcoin addresses and sending a fixed payment at certain periods of time.
Set up a spreadsheet like this, then copy/paste all 3 columns and as many rows as you want into Electrum.
I haven't tested this on Electrum mobile though.

Be aware of clipboard hijacking malware.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 07:20:48 PM

This comes up from time to time.
It is simple to do it with the core wallet.

Code:
bitcoind sendmany "FromAccountName" "{\"address#1\":.001,\"address#2\":.002}"

And so on.
If you do a bit of programming you can generate a file and run the command against it to send out the payments.

No clue on how to do it with Electrum but I'm sure it can be done.

-Dave

This method works with the Bitcoin Core wallet like a charm. It also works with other altcoin wallets which are based on "Qt". But Electrum works in a completely different way. Anyways, thanks for sharing this as I wasn't aware how to do this properly in Bitcoin's native wallet. A pre-generated script for sending Bitcoin payments at given addresses within a certain point in time would be extremely useful though. However, one needs to be aware of the malware associated with such scripts today. Which is why, it's best to create your own script for this purpose without risk of loss or theft. Smiley

Set up a spreadsheet like this, then copy/paste all 3 columns and as many rows as you want into Electrum.
I haven't tested this on Electrum mobile though.

Be aware of clipboard hijacking malware.

Thanks a lot, mate. Never thought I could do this with a CSV file. Just gave it a try today and it worked like a charm! It would've been great to know how to do it with the mobile version of Electrum, for convenience on the go. Still though, the PC version will suffice for what I want to do. I'd imagine that with ETH it would be a lot easier to distribute dividends via the use of smart contracts. One would need to simply create a script that would send "x" amount of coins to given addresses at a certain point in time. That ain't possible in Bitcoin yet (as far as I know). But it's best for developers not to integrate smart contracts into Bitcoin, to maintain its security and resiliency for years to come.

All in all, I appreciate you guys for all of your help. I'll be locking this thread now since my problem has been solved. Any other tips or recommendations, can be freely sent to me via PM. Wink

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: