Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:23:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted due to compromised account  (Read 956 times)
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 12:52:33 PM

I know how bad it can be if you lost your fund to an exchange hack but sorry to say i trust few centralized exchanges not because of anything but how strong they have grown, many hacks happened in the past and they are still standing tall

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 12:58:49 PM

Exchanges being hacked had been a common scene in crypto industry.  And I agree never trust 100% any service that holds your fundings, withdraw your fund after you are done using their service.  Never stock or leave your coin unless you are trading.  Better safe than sorry.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 06:53:55 PM

Hack, scam are common things in Centralized exchange. Don't get fooled by the high rank or huge trading volume, still, they are not safe! Binance CEO CZ was very confident that Binance is like a hardware wallet, he tweeted about it and after one month of that tweet, Binance got hacked and 7000 Bitcoin was compromised! Bithumb, Coinbene was hacked several times, many centralized exchanges scammed us.

Recently BCNEX exchange is likely to scam, they locked withdrawal, after 20 days when they unlocked the withdrawal function, people started withdrawing their money, but BCNEX is not finishing our withdrawals, they limited the itl by 50$ only! I have withdrawn my ETH 6 hours ago, still pending, some withdrew 14 hours go, still pending!

So, this is proved again why you shouldn't keep your money on a centralized exchange! Your money can be a scam or hacked anytime!

You speak as if we have a choice. All the things you said are obvious, by the way, I don’t think that you made a deposit at BCNEX, most likely you are trying to withdraw the funds you earned from the bounty. In any case, DEX exchanges are not ideal and do not provide the proper level of speed, liquidity and convenience. All the exchanges you listed, except BCNEX, have returned funds to their users and continue to operate normally.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
RussiaUkraineTranslation

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 02:01:00 PM

That's why I only trade on ecxx. They are regulated in Singapore, use ledger vault, have never been hacked, have a mobile trading app, and are backed by a 44 million dollar investment.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 04:04:03 PM

Sometimes we just have no choice. Especially if we are talking about coins having a limited set of exchanges. However, you are right, all exchanges are intermediaries, which means an extra link in our interaction with money and the market, but sometimes without it there is no place. In the future, probably, everything will change, and we will deal “face to face” without intermediaries, but so far this future will rob us more than once.

It impossible for this kind of presumption that everything would be completely p2p.These service would exist no matter what and in fact more people do still make use of these platforms
due to possible benefit that a DEX cant give out.

You speak as if we have a choice. All the things you said are obvious, by the way, I don’t think that you made a deposit at BCNEX, most likely you are trying to withdraw the funds you earned from the bounty. In any case, DEX exchanges are not ideal and do not provide the proper level of speed, liquidity and convenience. All the exchanges you listed, except BCNEX, have returned funds to their users and continue to operate normally.

Most likely the situation on here but it turns out that said exchange havent paid him up.This isnt surprising on most small unknown exchangers out there.

VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 11:34:56 AM

Exchanges being hacked had been a common scene in crypto industry.  And I agree never trust 100% any service that holds your fundings, withdraw your fund after you are done using their service.  Never stock or leave your coin unless you are trading.  Better safe than sorry.
It's all risky in crypto world, as a trader i have to leave my coins on exchange until i got enough good money/bitcoin to withdraw, on the process of trading daily an exchange can get hacked, it's so risky but nothing can be done about it, i have to trade and taking this risk is a must to earn my daily dues
thottum

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 08:15:06 AM

The reason for not trusting the centralized exchanges would be possibility of default and hack which are the two issues might happen in the exchanges. The hack is very frequent as the hackers are finding a new way to break the code these days. But bigger exchanges like Binance has already compensated their users for the loss. We cannot avoid centralized exchanges completely because the traders need those badly as it will not be economical for them to use DEXs because of their fees and volume and speed. But for the holders will not be an issue as they can withdraw and store in their wallets
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 08:46:02 AM

Traders can do without leaving coins on exchanges, this is how they make money, instead of worrying about exchange hacks that might never happen why not go for biggest exchanges instead? there are old exchanges that never get hacked since 2014
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 05:59:56 PM

Traders can do without leaving coins on exchanges, this is how they make money, instead of worrying about exchange hacks that might never happen why not go for biggest exchanges instead? there are old exchanges that never get hacked since 2014

actually smaller exchanges are less prone to hacks because they are only small  and hackers cant get much out of thier effort . they can instead hack big exchange so that they can earn huge .  binance is the biggest exchange but not really the old  . binance did already experienced to get hacked but other popular and big exchange got hacked too .  i never see a big exchange that hasnt got hacked yet   . maybe they are big before but not now because people already switch to binance and other popular names nowadays  .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: