Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:22:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin value starts with people's attention? or with its technology?  (Read 494 times)
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 06:20:27 AM

Is Bitcoin really a such innovative thing that can change people's lives significantly in the future?

I think we still live fine without having Bitcoin being actively used in our real lives.

Oh well... In terms of transparency, i can take on Bitcoin's technology.

But which one is it that raised its value so much though?

Technology or People's attention?
My apologize for people that maybe not agree with me, but bitcoin last pump i think really get hyped that is why people aware with it. And not because it's technology because after it, bitcoin price looks not get any support anymore except from it's early investor especially when it is dumped. Because if bitcoin technology keep developed and can attract people, it must be already staying in high price.

I also thought like that, the big pump that happened in 2017 was the ICO hype, because all ICO projects use the token / altcoin purchase method with BTC. and not only BTC, ETH and BCH are also one of the buying methods. these three crypto really had fantastic prices at the time, but after the ICO began to disappear, the prices of the three cryptos began to fall. but hopefully I misjudge, and the reality is that Bitcoin is indeed worth defending because the technology has been widely used by many people in the world.
I think that is both. It is because of the technology which is actually innovating and that is why people are encouraged to start making money with bitcoin because of its benefits. We all know that there are lots of benefits you can get when you are involved with bitcoin and with its technology. How are they gonna like bitcoin if the technology itself is not that good? As we are continuing our journey here, there are lots of technology are being produced with different uses of course and that technology is correlated with bitcoin or cryptocurrency itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 12:13:33 PM

The technology underlying Bitcoin is groundbreaking. Bloclchain has many use cases which can disrupt many industries. But Bitcoin as a currency which challenges the present monetary system needs people's trust and support to actually become successful as a currency and/or replace traditional currency.

Bitcoin needs more adoption. Right now the people's attention is more important than the technology.
ohyeahhaha122

Activity: 267
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 12:57:39 PM

I think there have been many times in the history of Bitcoin the value has soared, so a lot of investors have started to pay attention to it, it just keeps going on getting more and more investors, the volume of Bitcoin's transaction has also increased many times, I think of this market as a financial playground rather than paying attention to its technology

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 04:50:48 PM

I think there have been many times in the history of Bitcoin the value has soared, so a lot of investors have started to pay attention to it, it just keeps going on getting more and more investors, the volume of Bitcoin's transaction has also increased many times, I think of this market as a financial playground rather than paying attention to its technology
It is people’s attention that results in the increase of Bitcoin price. In the next step, increased price gain attention of more people. So, it is a two way process and both equally support each other. But the underlying major support is the technology itself as it is because of the technology that we are attracted toward it and this leads to more transactions that increase the price of Bitcoin.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 06:49:39 PM

It is people’s attention that results in the increase of Bitcoin price. In the next step, increased price gain attention of more people. So, it is a two way process and both equally support each other. But the underlying major support is the technology itself as it is because of the technology that we are attracted toward it and this leads to more transactions that increase the price of Bitcoin.
No, people's attention didn't increase the BTC price, the users and investors of it are the one who made changes. Whales also made their step on making a change on BTC price. So once they made an increase, it will attract those people to invest in BTC also and they will use those people to benefit on their own. Most of the people are only focused on the price not in the technology, even in here, there are many people who still not care about technology but have a lot of investments.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 08:07:20 PM

Both are important but technology is more. Attention comes to products that offer something innovative and this means that a good product will eventually draw attentio and succeeed. A bad product can buy attention or lie to you at first but in time people will see it for what it is. It's the technology that counts because a bad project + attention usually means lies and scams.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 10:36:10 PM

Is Bitcoin really a such innovative thing that can change people's lives significantly in the future?
I think we still live fine without having Bitcoin being actively used in our real lives.
Of course, Bitcoin is an alternative to conventional financial systems and provides users with transparency and privacy, in contrast to the previous financial system. So despite many controversies, bitcoin is able to survive because the innovation offered is very good.

But which one is it that raised its value so much though?
Technology or People's attention?
Public attention is gained by unique and extraordinary technology, which is why BTC is a very good alternative and attracts the attention of many people who want a new system that is better and more profitable. So, this is a combination of the two that makes the value of BTC continues to increase, especially the halving system that makes BTC a rare commodity in the future. This is a neatly arranged innovation.

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 05:55:41 PM

Both are important but technology is more. Attention comes to products that offer something innovative and this means that a good product will eventually draw attentio and succeeed. A bad product can buy attention or lie to you at first but in time people will see it for what it is. It's the technology that counts because a bad project + attention usually means lies and scams.

It's the curiosity and uniqueness of the technology but with the technology comes scams. I don't often pay attention to projects with too much hype. Especially if the hype is all they have going for them. Like you say those very likely turn into scams. The easiest way to figure out if it is a scam is to see if the hype is caused by people making profits. Think of scams like bitconnect. The good returns cause much of the hype it had and people saw it working and didn't care where the money really came from.
FAHRKERIM

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:23:33 PM

It's the curiosity and uniqueness of the technology but with the technology comes scams. I don't often pay attention to projects with too much hype. Especially if the hype is all they have going for them. Like you say those very likely turn into scams. The easiest way to figure out if it is a scam is to see if the hype is caused by people making profits. Think of scams like bitconnect. The good returns cause much of the hype it had and people saw it working and didn't care where the money really came from.

Can't disagree with that one. Greed is a huge trap for herds of thirsty pollywogs, and scammers know this better than anybody
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: