Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:02:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DeFi hype the same as ICO hype in 2017?  (Read 597 times)
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 07:05:49 PM

yes, I think the current Defi project is almost the same as the ICO project in 2017. but I will not say that some Defi Top projects will always be profitable for investment. As we all know that any form of fundraising project carries a risk of SCAMS, especially when Defi is still new. even I personally don't dare to invest money in the Defi project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 10:07:42 PM

Currently Defi projects are doing greatly but I still see no reason to equate both. Doing ICO period it it well and later disappointed everyone. Defi us here and currently doing well and may also do so as scammers are all over the place searching for people to scam. Let's understand this and get it that comparing part and present can't help out because there's trace of scam in both from scammers.

Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 06:42:06 AM

Currently Defi projects are doing greatly but I still see no reason to equate both. Doing ICO period it it well and later disappointed everyone. Defi us here and currently doing well and may also do so as scammers are all over the place searching for people to scam. Let's understand this and get it that comparing part and present can't help out because there's trace of scam in both from scammers.
DeFi projects definitely much different from the ICO hype in 2017 because not all ICO projects are not good for an investment. Unlike DeFi projects they are still in a bull run and they doing great the market. But both DeFi and ICO projects has the same huge numbers of scam or fraud schemes, that is why it is better to watch out on where you invest your money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AqibSarwar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 11:09:11 AM

Sure, we have good DeFi project, but there is still high risks. For example, yEarn Finance token YFI already worth 19 130$, higher than bitcoin. The coin was issued on July 18, 2020 and started with $35. A month later, on August 18, its price had already reached $12,800, overtaking bitcoin. Today, the token has reached a price peak in the area above $19,000. In a month and a half, YFI rose by 50,000%. A coin that is only a month old is already so incredibly expensive, I could certainly be wrong, but this is the last coin I would invest in, too loud to call it a bubble, but it can't be anything else. Such a young project simply physically can't create such a real value in such a short period of time, this price is conditioned by faith in further growth, not by project development.
Think Crypto

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 11:11:01 AM

yeah, project Defi and ico in 2017 is almost the same today many Defi project that generates a lot of profit, but all can be temporary, not being able to walk in a long time is probably just hype will last 1-2 years all Defi program will have flaws and its advantage if the bitcoin prices down will affect the price of coins Defi I would not be surprised if the project Defi will be short enough hype.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 01:42:56 PM

Such a profit, which is now shown by DeFi projects, could be found in a small number of ICOS in 2017. Such a profit of 1,500,000% that Curve Finance showed us in such a short period of time, I do not remember any ICO in 2017. And there are a lot of such projects now, and the investor has a real opportunity to increase their investment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 02:18:11 PM

The 2017 ICO hype is somewhat similar with the current DEFI hype/craze. Most new projects now are in DEFI category, old projects are going DEFI and even exchanges list DEFI projects more than they do for other projects just to get more traffic. Especially now that YFI is successful, all new projects want to add YF or finance to their name and also use similar concept as YFI. Well, I doubt if it's a bubble that will burst soon because some DEFI projects are doing really great with development, hence we shouldn't generalize all DEFI projects.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 02:20:59 PM

Yes, Defi if the new crypto hype, we need to be careful, will not take so long to the first Defi scam project appears, like happened with the Icos, it's just a question of time to something bad shows up in this Defi scenario.
Agree, and actually there is defi project has already been accused of scam and that is Yam Defi, that went from $15k as its peaked and eventually turned out be a scam the following days, and there is another one Defi that seems to be in the boat as Yam, and that is Hotdog, from $4k down to $1.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 02:24:28 PM

Yes, Defi if the new crypto hype, we need to be careful, will not take so long to the first Defi scam project appears, like happened with the Icos, it's just a question of time to something bad shows up in this Defi scenario.
Agree, and actually there is defi project has already been accused of scam and that is Yam Defi, that went from $15k as its peaked and eventually turned out be a scam the following days, and there is another one Defi that seems to be in the boat as Yam, and that is Hotdog, from $4k down to $1.

It is indeed a hype.  Same as the IPO, ITO, ICO, and IEO.  Each period have its trending stuff that is overly hyped.  And now it is DeFi.  But I think, DeFi had been around for some years, it is just now that it took attention and became a hype.  

Well, I doubt if it's a bubble that will burst soon because some DEFI projects are doing really great with development, hence we shouldn't generalize all DEFI projects.

A sudden surge in price in a small duration of time can be considered as a bubble and YFI market is exactly match that discription.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 04:35:38 PM

I believe in blockchain technology, decentralization and decentralized applications and finance, but I'm extremely cautious about any hype, because when a hype runs out, some projects will close instantly and it's impossible to guess in advance whether you chose the right one. What do you think about DeFi? DApps are already proven themselves, will DeFi prove themselves too? Share your thoughts below

These Defi is starting new in the Cryptocurrency ecology so far people are adopting supporting and investing in these DeFi based token it's obvious because of the traffic they brought in the Ethereum network, we'll see if these online banking will bring fruit or people will find a flaw to the system but so far they are doing great.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 04:39:30 PM

Of course, every new thing that appears in the digital world will be replaced with newer things that appear in the future. This is like skin regeneration in a snake, which will always replace old skin with new skin with more beautiful scales.

DeFi has had a pretty high hype recently, there was even a coin called YFI yatu yearn.finance managed to give birth to a good record, as a baby coin that experienced a price increase of more than 700% within 1 month. Due to this incident, the hype for the DeFi coin became even higher than usual. Everyone is more interested in things that smell like money, than in science.

And this habit should start to be eroded. I don't mean to eradicate the existence of the DeFi project, but what I mean here is to erode the existence of a very hype thinking with money without math.
Remember, that something that goes up fast, will go down quickly.
lxiaoh

Activity: 533
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 06:16:26 PM

May be, i hope this hype are strong enough to bring back that crazy bull. Frankly speaking, Defi hype cannot compare to ICO hype now, ICO was fantastic and crazy in 2017, at that time, if you could success     to participate in an ICO subscription, it means you would make a lot of money from it.
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 06:37:30 PM

Yes, there is clearly a strong hype behind DeFi similar to the ICO hype back in the days, 2017. I can't say anything right now since the market also quite weird with covid and few recoveries here and there but defenily, DeFi project still need more time to prove its worth to the crypto world.
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 07:08:36 PM

Yes, there is clearly a strong hype behind DeFi similar to the ICO hype back in the days, 2017. I can't say anything right now since the market also quite weird with covid and few recoveries here and there but defenily, DeFi project still need more time to prove its worth to the crypto world.
I think DeFi has proven its value to cyrpto world because based on Locked Value USD, the estimate has reached $9B USD and that is an insane value for crypto world, but I don't know if in the future the Locked Value will be able to break the $10B or more, it can also be down from $ 9B USD to $5B USD perhaps, but I hope the Locked Value will continue to rise

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 07:14:09 PM

In 2017, investors will participate in all new projects without studying it. But now investors are more careful and only participate in the best projects, which is why we have so few Defi projects in this market.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 07:19:16 PM

its almost similar because the ICO drive the price up. this time defi also drive the price up by grabbing more ETH from investors.  when you use ETH to collateralize, these ETH going into the platform and you hold a defi token that is unsure whether its protocol could really help you profit.  

when ETH goes up, your defi tokens wouldn't rise up proportionate to the platform's ratio. anyone who participated on defi must have realize it so its time to dump!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 07:24:13 PM

It could be the same, following just a few successful projects now the hype is no joke. Almost everywhere you look at new projects, it's not that far from DeFi. Because it's the trend as of now. But will it also ends just like how ICO used to be back then? Sooner or later there will be another new type of tech on the future projects. Just like how there were a lot of scammed ICOs, we still cannot assume that DeFis might have the same path. I'm actually pretty interested on them, still I need more research, it's okay even if I were left behind the hype trend but at least I need to come prepared.
I think it is a pretty solid prediction that DeFi projects are going to follow the very same trajectory that ico projects did in the past, why you may ask? And that is because scammers are very smart and they are going to realize that this is the opportunity that a having waiting for to make a lot of money in a short amount of time and they're going to take advantage of it.

And as such they are going to release a bunch of useless projects just as they always do and naive people are going to invest in those projects just as they always do as well, for a short amount of time this is going to benefit the market until the market crashes and all of those people lose their money due to their greed.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 08:34:51 PM

Yes, in my opinion Defi is exactly the same as the ICO hype in 2017, it is clear that the current incident is that many Defi pumps are very unreasonable and see now, some Defi have experienced a very large decline, of course this has made a lot of people lose their money, only need to be careful with Defi hype

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:34:57 PM

Yes, in my opinion Defi is exactly the same as the ICO hype in 2017, it is clear that the current incident is that many Defi pumps are very unreasonable and see now, some Defi have experienced a very large decline, of course this has made a lot of people lose their money, only need to be careful with Defi hype
It is similar but at the same time it is not, it is similar in the way that this is a bubble and like all bubbles this will burst, we have already seen a little bit of that, the market is refusing to acknowledge the bubble has ended but to me it seems inevitable that we are going to see an even larger crash during the next weeks coming from those projects.

However at the same time I think this time is different people, back then thought that icos and altcoins will change the world in a relatively short amount of time, this is why the market was so huge and grew so quickly but this time I do not see that kind of excitement most of the money being invested in those coins has the only purpose of making the investor rich which means there was no way for this bubble to reach the same proportions as the one we saw in 2017.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████