Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:05:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Reporting Being Used As A Form Of Censorship  (Read 1558 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 09:49:51 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2020, 07:42:56 PM by TECSHARE

Yes, I am sure a degenerate such as yourself was very offended and simply wanted to protect the forum from those horribly graphic cartoon pixels sort of resembling a penis. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that it was a humorous reply at the expense of one of your ball washing red nosed buddies. Weird... all of a sudden no one seems to think the image is a problem now that it is not in the original thread. Funny how that works.

[EDIT: and now after the fact you report it to pretend like you were just trying to preserve the rules and not censor all along]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 09:38:54 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2020, 01:01:30 AM by mprep

What is the excuse for censorship this time?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Yes, clearly this user is the problem. Not the fact Lauda thinks it is acceptable to run around tagging and flagging people for making predictions they don't like. I am not sure you could possibly get your head any further up Lauda's ass.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

https://i.imgur.com/yd8vf2A.png

This is image was SO GRAPHIC it had to be censored for the good of the Bitcointalk userbase.

Lauda is constantly abusing the trust system, and Nutilduuuh is hoping to earn favors by inserting his head up Lauda's ass as far as possible. The picture speaks for itself.

[moderator's note: replaced NSFW embedded image in quote with URL (the Imgur link)]
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 10:31:53 PM

The red rectangular dicks make it non-compliant with Bitcointalk's high artistic standards.

I apologize, I wouldn't have asked for pictures if I had known that a simple flippant remark was going to cause you so much stress. You can stop with the pictures now, I'll take your word for it - you're clearly an ass-head expert.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 02:38:02 AM

The red rectangular dicks make it non-compliant with Bitcointalk's high artistic standards.

I apologize, I wouldn't have asked for pictures if I had known that a simple flippant remark was going to cause you so much stress. You can stop with the pictures now, I'll take your word for it - you're clearly an ass-head expert.

That is a cutesy way of avoiding admitting your goal was only censorship from the beginning.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 02:48:55 AM

That is a cutesy way of avoiding admitting your goal was only censorship from the beginning.

Ever thought some people read the forum at work?

You are such a selfish asshole, Techy.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 03:41:11 AM

My goal was to make fun of your theatrical rage against your arch nemesis nutildah but I keep forgetting what a humorless stuck up twit you are. In hindsight it now makes sense that your affliction would lead you to post a dick drawing as a response to "pictures or it didn't happen" so I apologize for pushing you down this path of delinquency. Don't start doing drugs please.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 04:37:12 AM

Many major social media sites, such as twitter enforce rules in a specific way so that certain groups of users are affected more than others. I hope this is not a road that bitcointalk is going down.

I haven't reviewed the deleted posts by TECHARE that he posted closely, but I would agree that at least some of them did break the forum rules around NSFW posts. Even though I don't know this to be true, I would even stipulate all of TECHARE's posts violated forum rules. However I would caution against going full Gretchen Whitmer on users, especially if they are objectively speaking making a good faith effort to debate, and engage with other forum members. If someone posts a NSFW image, [ img] it out, so it won't display by default. Off topic rules state that for a post to be on topic, it must be related to the OP of a thread, and some people are very good at making the majority of the post be off topic, and a single sentence at the end be related to the OP -- when this happens, and the off topic portion is responded to, without anything in the response being related to the OP, a topic split should be created.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 06:21:19 AM

My goal was to make fun of your theatrical rage against your arch nemesis nutildah but I keep forgetting what a humorless stuck up twit you are. In hindsight it now makes sense that your affliction would lead you to post a dick drawing as a response to "pictures or it didn't happen" so I apologize for pushing you down this path of delinquency. Don't start doing drugs please.

My goal was to be able to enjoy a joke, but your little clown clan's obsession with me pretending as if some one will get in trouble at work for a 10 pixel wide ms paint cartoon penis as an excuse to prevent that joke from being made, quite intentionally. Not because it serves the community, but because it serves you and yours because you are a group angry little twats that can't handle a joke at your expense. The only reason these kind of things don't happen to you is I have better things to spend my time on than following you around looking through your toilet bowl for peanuts that "break the rules".

Many major social media sites, such as twitter enforce rules in a specific way so that certain groups of users are affected more than others. I hope this is not a road that bitcointalk is going down.

I haven't reviewed the deleted posts by TECHARE that he posted closely, but I would agree that at least some of them did break the forum rules around NSFW posts. Even though I don't know this to be true, I would even stipulate all of TECHARE's posts violated forum rules. However I would caution against going full Gretchen Whitmer on users, especially if they are objectively speaking making a good faith effort to debate, and engage with other forum members. If someone posts a NSFW image, [ img] it out, so it won't display by default. Off topic rules state that for a post to be on topic, it must be related to the OP of a thread, and some people are very good at making the majority of the post be off topic, and a single sentence at the end be related to the OP -- when this happens, and the off topic portion is responded to, without anything in the response being related to the OP, a topic split should be created.

You don't know what you are talking about in spite of it being right here, but you are perfectly willing to have an opinion. Funny, you are complaining about reports being abused in your own thread simultaneously while dismissing my post. You have become quite the obedient little eunuch ball washer haven't you? Pretty pathetic.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 06:36:35 AM

You don't know what you are talking about in spite of it being right here, but you are perfectly willing to have an opinion.

They copy you, and you attack them?

Give it up Techy.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 09:22:29 AM

The only reason these kind of things don't happen to you is I have better things to spend my time on than following you around looking through your toilet bowl for peanuts that "break the rules".

LOL. No you don't. If a mod doesn't delete the post you reported, you open a thread about it. When mods delete posts of yours, you open a thread about it. When the starter of a self-moderated thread deletes your post, you open a thread about it. You quite obviously have nothing better to do, and you never stop obsessing over the most trivial of matters.

Yes, because that is the result of selective enforcement, and the whole point of exploiting it. It is indistinguishable from the usual arbitrary and selective enforcement of the rules and facilitating the abuse of the reporting systems as a tool for censorship.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2020, 11:42:50 PM

The only reason these kind of things don't happen to you is I have better things to spend my time on than following you around looking through your toilet bowl for peanuts that "break the rules".

LOL. No you don't. If a mod doesn't delete the post you reported, you open a thread about it. When mods delete posts of yours, you open a thread about it. When the starter of a self-moderated thread deletes your post, you open a thread about it. You quite obviously have nothing better to do, and you never stop obsessing over the most trivial of matters.

Yes, because that is the result of selective enforcement, and the whole point of exploiting it. It is indistinguishable from the usual arbitrary and selective enforcement of the rules and facilitating the abuse of the reporting systems as a tool for censorship.

So then I'll ask you again - why have you wasted a decade of your life here?  It's because you are a troll.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 12:57:41 AM

So then I'll ask you again - why have you wasted a decade of your life here?  It's because you are a troll.

Let me know when you learn how to count to ten Vod.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 02:18:17 AM

Let me know when you learn how to count to ten Vod.

Why have you wasted a decade of your life here?

You've done nothing but complain.   Any non-mentally-ill person would have moved on long ago.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 03:26:13 AM

My goal was to be able to enjoy a joke, but your little clown clan's obsession with me pretending as if some one will get in trouble at work for a 10 pixel wide ms paint cartoon penis as an excuse to prevent that joke from being made, quite intentionally. Not because it serves the community, but because it serves you and yours because you are a group angry little twats that can't handle a joke at your expense. The only reason these kind of things don't happen to you is I have better things to spend my time on than following you around looking through your toilet bowl for peanuts that "break the rules".

Oh come on, some of the shit you say is genuinely funny. Don't let the clown car to discourage you from pursuing a career as a comedian. But you might want to switch from dick drawings to something post-middle-school and read the fucking forum rules, how hard can it be...
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 05:03:31 AM

Oh come on, some of the shit you say is genuinely funny. Don't let the clown car to discourage you from pursuing a career as a comedian. But you might want to switch from dick drawings to something post-middle-school and read the fucking forum rules, how hard can it be...

Don't you worry about that. I just think it is pretty pathetic all the dirty little con games you all pull out of your ass because you can't handle a joke.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 06:03:26 AM

Don't you worry about that. I just think it is pretty pathetic all the dirty little con games you all pull out of your ass because you can't handle a joke.
We can handle jokes just fine. You just have to post said jokes in accordance with the rules, as I explained earlier. Don't make me post my own dick drawings just to prove it can be done. (Not that it would prove anything in your mind, since I'm sure you'll attribute my ability to get away with posting dick drawings to some sort of moderation conspiracy rather than my compliance with the rules, but whatever.) Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 08:25:25 AM

We can handle jokes just fine. You just have to post said jokes in accordance with the rules, as I explained earlier. Don't make me post my own dick drawings just to prove it can be done. (Not that it would prove anything in your mind, since I'm sure you'll attribute my ability to get away with posting dick drawings to some sort of moderation conspiracy rather than my compliance with the rules, but whatever.) Roll Eyes

Weird... this one got reported and removed in spite of being censored... Funny how that works.

https://i.imgur.com/yd8vf2A.png
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 09:33:53 AM

Weird... this one got reported and removed in spite of being censored... Funny how that works.
I know you have a hard time understanding how censorship works, so let me help you out by explaining that it works better when you actually cover everyone's nipples and anogenital regions completely. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it right eventually.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2020, 06:43:06 PM

I know you have a hard time understanding how censorship works, so let me help you out by explaining that it works better when you actually cover everyone's nipples and anogenital regions completely. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it right eventually.

Tell me some more about how this is supposed to protect people at work. This isn't about protecting people at work. This isn't about the rules. This is about how you can use the rules to as a tool to antagonize people who say things you don't like and have it removed. You are a petty little totalitarian and so is the mod who enables you.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 06:39:34 AM

Tell me some more about how this is supposed to protect people at work. This isn't about protecting people at work. This isn't about the rules. This is about how you can use the rules to as a tool to antagonize people who say things you don't like and have it removed. You are a petty little totalitarian and so is the mod who enables you.

Believing you are somehow one ounce less of a puss than anybody involved in the removal of your post is some magically wishful thinking. Get over it, snowflake.

That really hits home hard from some one who couldn't handle opposing political views and manifested an obsession with me that bled into all of the other workings of the forum I am involved in.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: