Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for physical BTC bills  (Read 303 times)
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 05:03:52 PM

You even admitted you know very little about the "technical aspects" of bitcoin. The "technical" aspects is exactly what bitcoin is so I am unsure what exactly is left behind to understand?
If you educated yourself before making this topic you would not have made it. How can you talk about something you do little research in? You don't make sense.
Physical? In a digital world? Do you want to go backwards? Why not just use fiat then? The point of bitcoin is that is is digital.

Btw this is why it won't work. Bill are printed by the government and each bill is unique and has various methods to prove it is real. A bitcoin bill is printed by anyone with a printer. How can you pay someone with something you just printed out? I could hand you a piece of paper with the QE code to a game on the android market and just tell you it has $100 on it to pay for my purchase? How will you know how much is on it? There is no way to verify it. Why not just display a QR one your phone and let the other person scan that directly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 05:31:51 PM

Why do you think need creat bill, sound like physical bitcoin and centralization. Bitcoin has been created for decentralized financial economy without printing physical money. Now if you are wondering printing something like physical bill then it will hit decentralized system. Also it would prevent financial freedom, and of course we need third party for implement something like that. I don't like to see physical bill instead of p2p electronic system. Current bitcoin uses system is fine for me. We just need increse physical use of bitcoin like buy goods etc.
I am also of the same opinion instead of involving your head in such matters, focus on the physical use of Bitcoin worldwide. It is not widely acceptable in small stores, shopping centers, cafes etc. at one side people are using it for even paying for their packet of peanuts on the other sides it is not even accepted in big shopping places. We should work on its promotion everywhere on the same scale. Our major focus should be placed on underdeveloped countries where it is not known by the local people.
206 bones (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 01:47:46 AM

You even admitted you know very little about the "technical aspects" of bitcoin. The "technical" aspects is exactly what bitcoin is so I am unsure what exactly is left behind to understand?
If you educated yourself before making this topic you would not have made it. How can you talk about something you do little research in? You don't make sense.
Physical? In a digital world? Do you want to go backwards? Why not just use fiat then? The point of bitcoin is that is is digital.

Btw this is why it won't work. Bill are printed by the government and each bill is unique and has various methods to prove it is real. A bitcoin bill is printed by anyone with a printer. How can you pay someone with something you just printed out? I could hand you a piece of paper with the QE code to a game on the android market and just tell you it has $100 on it to pay for my purchase? How will you know how much is on it? There is no way to verify it. Why not just display a QR one your phone and let the other person scan that directly?

Let me adress this questions.

¿Physical?
All the digital world has a physical interface.

¿Do you want to go backwards?
No. Forward. Of course.

¿Why not just use fiat then?
Because fiat is not standard to sound money.

"The point of bitcoin is that is is digital"
It is not. The point of bitcoin is that it's the best sound money ever created due to all it atributes (scarce, descentrelized, no point of failure, secure, permissionless, etc)

How will you know how much is on it? There is no way to verify it. Why not just display a QR one your phone and let the other person scan that directly?

This is why at the end of my first post I said that it would be a challenge to create this trust mechanism. Which I have no idea, at how it could be implemented.. yet..
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 03:26:25 AM

your idea is too complicated.
I have already paid electricity bills with bitcoin that I have, I only check bills and pay using bitcoin to my electricity bill address, after confirming 1 block, my electricity bill payment transaction was successful.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 05:35:01 PM

your idea is too complicated.
I have already paid electricity bills with bitcoin that I have, I only check bills and pay using bitcoin to my electricity bill address, after confirming 1 block, my electricity bill payment transaction was successful.
Bitcoin payment method is very good option if it is accepted as a method where you pay your bills. Not only for paying bills it is very successful for other payments also. People share their multiple experiences of its usage getting wide with the time. As a man from California said, I paid my peanut packet bill by using Bitcoin and from the other shop I paid my coffee bill by using this as a method of payment.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2020, 05:49:48 PM
Merited by 206 bones (1)

I think this is a great idea that should help to spread crypto furthermore.
We're in a time where govt don't see crypto as negatively as it was the case back then.
There is still a huge learning curve in order to be able to transact with cryptocurrencies.
I want to take that entry-barrier down so anyone who wants to join the party without any IT knowledge can easily hold onto crypto.

Yes, bitcoin is intended to be sent in a transaction that gets broadcasted, then included in a block etc...
However, it is not impossible to exchange BTC among us by exchanging the private keys where the coins belong to.

I've been working for about a year on such a concept and I'm proud to come up with a solution for this.
The name of my product is "Coldkey".

Our most desirable release is the "History" serie. You can check it out here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193561
To keep it short, it is a monthly release that is loaded with the BTC equivalent of €50, at the rate of the 1st day in the month.
The artwork evolves every quarter for now, and it features a renowned artist in the cryptocurrency sphere.

I've developed anti-counterfeiting mechanisms on the physical cards themselves; the funding can also be checked in Blockchain explorers.

There is a lot to do around this principle.
Somehow I foresee "cryptographic trust institutions" coming to existence.
If the Coldkey is intact, then it's as good as crypto.
If it is redeemed, then the secret to spend the BTC has been accessed and the Coldkey is not as good as crypto anymore.
206 bones (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 02:15:09 AM

I think this is a great idea that should help to spread crypto furthermore.
We're in a time where govt don't see crypto as negatively as it was the case back then.
There is still a huge learning curve in order to be able to transact with cryptocurrencies.
I want to take that entry-barrier down so anyone who wants to join the party without any IT knowledge can easily hold onto crypto.

Yes, bitcoin is intended to be sent in a transaction that gets broadcasted, then included in a block etc...
However, it is not impossible to exchange BTC among us by exchanging the private keys where the coins belong to.

I've been working for about a year on such a concept and I'm proud to come up with a solution for this.
The name of my product is "Coldkey".

Our most desirable release is the "History" serie. You can check it out here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193561
To keep it short, it is a monthly release that is loaded with the BTC equivalent of €50, at the rate of the 1st day in the month.
The artwork evolves every quarter for now, and it features a renowned artist in the cryptocurrency sphere.

I've developed anti-counterfeiting mechanisms on the physical cards themselves; the funding can also be checked in Blockchain explorers.

There is a lot to do around this principle.
Somehow I foresee "cryptographic trust institutions" coming to existence.
If the Coldkey is intact, then it's as good as crypto.
If it is redeemed, then the secret to spend the BTC has been accessed and the Coldkey is not as good as crypto anymore.

Thanks for the acknowledgment.

What a cool product you are developing. Congratulations.

It would be cool to see a coldkey showing a peaceful warrior (BTC) slowly destroying the power & control of the obscure elite.

This cold key could become something similar to baseball cards or magic cards. Which some have incredible value.

If you could mix it with signatures of recognized people in the space it would be awesome.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: