Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Spot a Shitcoin?  (Read 745 times)
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:10:21 PM

its very difficult to identify a shitcoin.. they are hiding Grin Grin even after so many research you do on that coin still you are not convince that is a shit coin..the moment you realize its a shit coin is when you bought some and afterwards its has no more value  Grin Grin Grin
Agree, most altcoins in this market are shitcoin. They can become scams at any time, so be careful when choosing to invest in altcoin. And best of all, invest only in bitcoin and the top altcoins in the market to reduce risk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:16:22 PM

It is hard to determine even though the coin sale reaches its hardcap. I want to partly blame investors on the coins being dump since some of them are really taking advantage of bonus tokens and sold it immediately. From there, they already made profit and they don't care anymore when the coins are getting dumped because of what I've said earlier, profit. Another part is the team's advancement towards the project. There will be no reason for dumping if the project is progressing well. It was like, they already have the money and they don't know what to do now. And that's bullshit after the whitepaper, roadmap, implementation, etc.(kind of bullshits they've prepared). Why it is hard in my opinion? Because you need a capital to make trials of determining a shitcoin which nobody would do. Instead, find a better coin and do what kind of research you need to do and judge it on your quantitative analysis or what.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 01:32:55 PM

Sporting a shitcoin is not as easy as we think. Some projects actually do have some product but their marketing strategy doesn't fit the project thereby making the price dump heavily. (...)
That's why I started to ignore such altcoins nowadays, even how promising their project is, still shitcoin is shitcoin.
Even they got a huge market cap, it's doesn't mean they are not shitcoins, a lot of altcoins nowadays that are in the top 100 highest market cap but you can see they are shitcoins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:40:52 PM

its very difficult to identify a shitcoin.. they are hiding Grin Grin even after so many research you do on that coin still you are not convince that is a shit coin..the moment you realize its a shit coin is when you bought some and afterwards its has no more value  Grin Grin Grin
Agree, most altcoins in this market are shitcoin. They can become scams at any time, so be careful when choosing to invest in altcoin. And best of all, invest only in bitcoin and the top altcoins in the market to reduce risk
The current situation all are concentrate the Bitcoin and top altcoins. But I always said we must hold some stable coins also because volatile coins make good profit and loss so traders are join frequently. In reality all the traders are hold some USDT coin. In this subject find the shitcoins so I always said analyse our own method because self analysing always satisfy the crypto investment.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:59:16 PM

The only tool available to detect some shitcoins is doing research but this won't make you evade all bad projects every time, some project teams will be so careful amd erase any early detection, this is why its better to invest the little amount you can sacrifice

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 02:05:10 PM

Sporting a shitcoin is not as easy as we think. Some projects actually do have some product but their marketing strategy doesn't fit the project thereby making the price dump heavily. (...)
That's why I started to ignore such altcoins nowadays, even how promising their project is, still shitcoin is shitcoin.
Even they got a huge market cap, it's doesn't mean they are not shitcoins, a lot of altcoins nowadays that are in the top 100 highest market cap but you can see they are shitcoins.
You're right.
Many experts express their opinion that most altcoins in the cryptocurrency market generally do not have the right to be even in the top ten of the cryptocurrency market top ratings. Especially interesting is the statement of Blockfyre co-founder Simon Dedik, who negatively comments about Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, XRP and Bitcoin SV and would like to see other coins in their place that have recently shown many times better performance, such as LINK, VET and ATOM.
Actually, in a sense, I understand his indignation, because EOS really tries unsuccessfully to copy ethereum, and the Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin SV want to defeat bitcoin, but as a result they do not succeed. And if you take Ripples as an example, then with the help of this coin manipulations are always performed so that developers can get another income.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Captain Corporate

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 03:44:35 PM

Research is not something that you do just for the market, you do not look at the technical analysis, the volume, the liquidity and so forth to understand if a coin is a shit coin or not. You have to realize that the best thing you could do with research is actually withing the community and online places and search the name of the coin and see if there is anything bad coming up and more importantly if they try to silence the people who try to complain about the coin.

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say" George R.R. Martin.

So if you see any complaints and any supression take those into account, see who says what about it and if you are convinced that they are actually legit just keep watching them for a while and see if anything changes, if not you can invest, however if you are convinced they are scam just run away.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:09:31 PM

Honestly just act in reverse of justice department and you will be fine. Instead of "innocent until proven guilty" you should instead focus on "scam until proven legit" and you will be fine. I do not have any trouble spotting a shitcoin because I simply believe every single coin is a shitcoin until I decide to like it, that way I do not have to see if it is a shitcoin or not, because I already think it is a shitcoin to begin with.

There are like maybe 15 coins I think is not a shitcoin, just 15 and all other coins in existence is a shitcoin in my mind. Some of them could have a decent followers and decent prices and all of that but that doesn't mean that I have to like them, it is a personal thing and you can call even bitcoin a shitcoin if you want to, since it is personal nobody could tell you otherwise.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:39:15 PM

Shitcoin is hard to spot in this market, they have many ways to hide the truth. You need to reseach very carefully and have a lot of experience to distinguish it, and in addition, never invest in non-liquidity altcoins,  certainly they aregenuine shitcoin in this market.
That was the hardest to hit you when you have coins that you cannot liquidate or will have to wait some times to liquidate, investors are slow to invest because the liquidity is such a big issue that have so many shitcoins in their wallet, which they cannot sell because of lack of liquidity, this is the scorned of a new coin.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 11:35:28 PM

The current situation all are concentrate the Bitcoin and top altcoins. But I always said we must hold some stable coins also because volatile coins make good profit and loss so traders are join frequently. In reality all the traders are hold some USDT coin. In this subject find the shitcoins so I always said analyse our own method because self analysing always satisfy the crypto investment.
Stable coins are of course owned by traders. but shitcoin sometimes deceives us with bad markets and very low demand. Certainly, investors are currently more focused on upper market assets with lower risk levels.
when demand is low I think it still cannot be said as shitcoin, in my opinion shitcoin is a coin that has no development at all and has a very large supply so that the price movement is very slow.

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 11:54:54 PM

Article for finding about shit coin huh..Ok whats a shitcoin? I think is any coin that lost it value to zero and developer have nothing to say and no roadmap So you can have a coin that tick all the good spot and then crash Best way stay away from project that is repeating whats already in the market. When trading stick with top fundamental coin with good trading volume

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 05:53:47 AM

If you are not good in finding a scam or shitcoin, the scam section is the best place to check if the coin that you want to support and invest are reported or you can go to the altcoin discussion and ask members what they think about a certain project that you want to invest or promote diligent research is always the key.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:09:02 AM

If you are not good in finding a scam or shitcoin, the scam section is the best place to check if the coin that you want to support and invest are reported or you can go to the altcoin discussion and ask members what they think about a certain project that you want to invest or promote diligent research is always the key.
Right! If you don't know how to do research than you can temporarily use the scam section to get scam alerts. However, in the long run, you have to learn how to do research. My key when doing research is that I'll take out any project that leaves me with doubts after reading the information as well as the plan!

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:14:44 AM

There is no shortage of coins and tokens in the crypto-industry. How many of them are any good is the question.

Evaluating the economics, technology, and marketing of just one project is hard. There are thousands of projects out there. It’s impossible to come up with a universally applicable method to tell good projects from bad ones.

Yet, somehow people get by and manage to navigate among all the options in the cryptocurrency market. How?

When there are too many things to choose from and the time is limited, people, animals, and computers sometimes use heuristics—problem-solving approaches that aren’t necessarily optimal or rational, but they work well enough in most cases and save some time if you’re lucky.

https://forklog.media/how-to-spot-a-shitcoin/
Good share but if you really want to be against shitcoins?then don't ever invest in those newly coming currencies because majority are shits and scams.

If we are in this market for years we can easily identify them and will prevent ourselves connected in these shits.

SOme of my friends formerly victim but now they are much smarter and only using Currency that in the to 40-60 nothing more even in Trading or much better for Holding.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:23:00 AM

The most fearfull thing with any shit coin or established coin is trouble with  SEC or Other financial regulator . It is happened with some of my holdings that are Centra , Dropil  once SEC filed case complete value of the coin gone . Dropil looks like promising platform with lots of functionality and active team but finally end up as scam . Now i lost my complete money another one is Centra huge loss cant tell in words . TH emost scariest thing if we holding any coin is SEC based on my experience .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: