Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin transfer confusion  (Read 95 times)
bttmdwlr (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 03:51:42 AM

As a newbie i probably committed an unrecoverable mistake but here goes:
I was having such a problem with cex.io and their verification process that when i could finally access my coins I had them sent to my desktop which had Armory running. I clicked the receive coin button and generated an address for the deposit.
 At the bottom of the Armory screen it says its ok to generate and distribute addresses generated while off line so I sent cex.io the address believing it was safe. I just wanted my money back from these people.  After quite a bit of time I restarted Armory as windows displayed the "not responding" popup message and i wasnt seeing any transactions so i restarted Armory.
 Upon restart i received db error the debug window popped up, so i restarted again. This time I made sure bitcoin core was running and restarted Armory but only after bitcore had synched 14% . Armory started and no crash this time.
 My question because i generated an off line address and used it are my coins lost ?  I have the transaction hash can i recover with that ?

Gawd someone help me i cant afford to just have my hard earned money just disappear in cyberspace.

thankx to all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 07:10:34 AM

are my coins lost ?

No

I have the transaction hash can i recover with that ?

No

You need the private keys in your wallet to recover your coins. Make sure you have a wallet backup. If you don't, go an make one. Do not delete the wallets/armory datadir unless you are 100% sure you have a backup.

Next step is to start Core and let sync 100%. Then update Armory, delete the databases folder (defaults to ~/AppData/Roaming/Armory on Windows) and start Armory while Core is already running. This should sync and let you spend your coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: