Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LOVE (??) THE WHALES: WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?  (Read 253 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 12:55:27 PM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

"The whales" is mostly just a conspiracy theory. People know that some individuals hold a lot of coins, so they now blame every price movement that goes against their expectations of whales. Price falls? Whales are dumping. Price rises? Whales are pumping. Price goes sideways? Whales are manipulating.

You say that whales are elusive, but what it actually means is that no one has any good proof of who these whales are and when they are actually manipulating the market. We know a few concrete examples, like the bearwhale, which by the way nicely demonstrates that whales aren't as powerful as people believe.

I think speculating about whales without bringing no evidence of their activity is just a waste of time. Just like saying "Bitcoin will reach X" without any backing to your statement. This is just a pure guess.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 01:10:19 PM

I agree - leave the whales alone, and worry about the sharks.

and the pollution. Smiley
and worry about FOMO buyers...yeah i know those suckers help pump the price, but more often than they're nothing but a buch of wimps and panic sellers ready to sell when the red numbers pop up. Whales are chill and friendly af (:

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 01:12:09 PM

I don’t see why you have to hate on whales.
I don't hate them. I just wish they did more or atleast normies like me knew that they were doing more.

How many times have you heard news about VCs, Startup Incubators or other such funding parties come out in the open and declare that "This is the technology of the future and I am investing a Million dollars in it"??Have you?? Give me one example and maybe we would have your "technology" whale. If we had even a few of such individuals, you would be seeing a far more concerted effort towards mainstreaming the technology. You wouldn't have so much misinformation on media ---

We have many problems already globally. Just not make another problem again against these whales.

Yes there are some who are angry with them but what can they do against them?? I don't think we need to hate them but just let them
You are right. We don't have to hate on them. Everybody should love whales. I want to find the reasons to love them apart from just knowing that they bought cheap and are mega-rich and are still holding and not retiring to some island with all their wealth. Thats why I had this caveat in the original post.

Maybe I am just ignorant of these technology enthusiasts and am wrong to point out that the whales are little more than the wealthy factory owners in this very communist ecosystem.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you think there are people out there with the dough and the willingness to make a difference?

Also, what up with people getting so defensive for the whales. They are the smart people who have been made rich by adoption post-2016. By people willing to buy and sell at higher and higher prices because they see value in adopting bitcoin as a part of their lives or as a part of their investments. What is the issue if someone expects them to be a bit more pro-active in backing crypto? Okay, I used a few swear words in the post. I am nobody to question their role. Maybe they are pulling the levers from the background. Would it be so bad to know that they are doing that?? Or asking about it??

"The whales" is mostly just a conspiracy theory. People know that some individuals hold a lot of coins, so they now blame every price movement that goes against their expectations of whales. Price falls? Whales are dumping. Price rises? Whales are pumping. Price goes sideways? Whales are manipulating.

You say that whales are elusive, but what it actually means is that no one has any good proof of who these whales are and when they are actually manipulating the market. We know a few concrete examples, like the bearwhale, which by the way nicely demonstrates that whales aren't as powerful as people believe.

I think speculating about whales without bringing no evidence of their activity is just a waste of time. Just like saying "Bitcoin will reach X" without any backing to your statement. This is just a pure guess.
This was posted while I was writing the reply above. And its a different viewpoint that they don't make a difference. Do you think that speculating about their role, and i suppose, by extension, expecting them to show any form of pro-active zeal, is a waste of time? Should I just accept that their only but extremely important role is not to dump those stashes on the market?
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 03:04:05 PM

This was posted while I was writing the reply above. And its a different viewpoint that they don't make a difference. Do you think that speculating about their role, and i suppose, by extension, expecting them to show any form of pro-active zeal, is a waste of time? Should I just accept that their only but extremely important role is not to dump those stashes on the market?

Why worry about whales dumping their stash if you can't even tell for sure if whales are moving the market or not? Most of the "whale" addresses belong to exchanges and other organizations, the consolidate coins and move them to cold storage, but the popular twitter account Whale alert reports every such movement, which causes panic among the newbies.

What I'm saying is that without any factual evidence, speculation about whales is worthless. It shouldn't impact your trading decisions.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██