Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Science fiction and fantasy books that keeps me busy when i am free  (Read 97 times)
ozing (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2020, 09:28:46 AM

Science fiction is something that keeps me relaxed especially on a weekend when i am not working.i take out time

and jump on amazon to make some good collections from both best selling books and some books from new authors.

i will love to share some of the books i am currently reading, maybe you will find them fascinating after reading

the book's blurb.

here is my top three list.

Blackwater

Blackwater is the saga of a small town, Perdido, Alabama, and Elinor Dammert, the stranger who arrives there under

mysterious circumstances on Easter Sunday, 1919. On the surface, Elinor is gracious, charming, anxious to belong in

Perdido, and eager to marry Oscar Caskey, the eldest son of Perdido's first family. But her beautiful exterior

hides a shocking secret. Beneath the waters of the Perdido River, she turns into something terrifying, a creature

whispered about in stories that have chilled the residents of Perdido for generations. Some of those who observe

her rituals in the river will never be seen again

https://www.amazon.com/Blackwater-The-Complete-Saga/dp/B0765CNTKG/ref=zg_bs_25_11?

_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FQ3NHBTX2QWVR6Y1ZZGP

Mad Love: New Beginning

In times past, the earth was inhabited by a number of people, their daughters were so gorgeous that heavenly

creatures descended to marry from amongst them. A fraction of them were Angels who had the ability to control

certain elements such as Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire. The union gave birth to a generation of powerful Heroes and

Warriors. Unfortunately, a disaster befell the people, a great flood occurred and wiped out a large portion of the

population of people in existence at that time and left only the ones who followed God. Those who survived formed

Kingdoms in the various axis of the world, Quindell, the land of fire; Ghibli, the land of wind; Avania, the earth

kingdom; and, Meridia, the water kingdom. It was against the norm that one should marry from another kingdom, as it

was believed that they will suffer a tragic loss of their child at birth. However, some defaulters were able to get

away with it. Zayden's father and Mother were one of them.

https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/mad-love-new-beginning-vol-1

Darklight

I celebrated when vampires were declared extinct.

Those beasts had preyed on humanity for millennia, committing senseless, brutal murders. Like the rest of my colleagues at the Occult Bureau, I looked forward to a world where we could all sleep at night—where constant cover-up jobs were no longer required to keep the public calm and unaware.

But the end of vampires wasn’t the end of our problems. It was only the beginning.

Other blood-sucking creatures began to lurk in the night. As soon as I turned twenty-one, I became a ground agent at the Bureau because I wanted—no, needed—to join the fight.

https://www.amazon.com/Darklight-Bella-Forrest-ebook/dp/B07VHKBKDR/ref=zg_bs_25_30?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FQ3NHBTX2QWVR6Y1ZZGP

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: