Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will CV affect the long term future of UK restaurants?  (Read 104 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 08:53:29 AM

It's approaching 9am, and I'm upstairs in a McDonalds. I've been here since 6am, and I'm the only person using this space. The drive through has sporadic traffic, and there have been a few people downstairs I believe. This section usually has a few early morning business people on computers, and the odd tradesman grabbing a bit of breakfast. CV has been found in South East England, so I suspect it is going to start to hit some of the fast food restaurants now,

I'm not sure how this is going to affect the long term future of the businesses. I suspect that McD will survive on the drive through business, but coffee shops like Costa might start to suffer.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 09:05:06 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2020, 09:52:46 AM by franky1

why go upstairs?
come on. i visit mcdonalds now and again and for decades of adult memories in the town i go to, the upstairs is near vacant unless its for a kids party or a group
also
6am-9am.. most are still asleep. ofcourse its not going to be crowded at that time or at the upper floor.
but kind of funny why you specifically went upstairs.. either your trying to sway the narrative that mcdonalds is empty by you avoiding the restaurant area on purpose.
or
your just not like regular people who dont get up at 6am to just eat mdconalds for 3 hours
or
its extra busy downstairs meaning you had to go upstairs to gets some space/quiet time

anyway.
out of 11m wuhan population far less than 80k infected and far less than [of those infected] 5% died
overall wuhan population risk of death is something like 0.2%.. and thats the epicentre of the flu

not even a 1% chance of getting it. and if you do you got a good chance of being fine
basically everyone will get the flu at sometime in their life. sometimes people get it every year.
now on a serious note
the spread of corona wont affect business
the spread of mis-imformation and selective narratives will affect businesses

last note
with you(kuffy) at a truck stop the other day and now mcdonalds this morning.
you should worry about the fats and calories more than the flu

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 10:20:00 AM

I go upstairs because it is quieter, and there are more power points at comfortable tables. That's why salesman and other business people use this area.

I don't usually eat the food at these places, but I did have a bacon and egg roll this morning. I probably have a healthier diet than most people. I cook with coconut oil, don't eat processed meats, and eat healthy vegetable like stinging nettles. I don't smoke, allow vaccinations, and I don't use any pharmaceutical or recreational drugs. I'm 78 in June, and I don't have any sickness or illness. The only times I have had to visit a hospital was the result of a couple of motor cycle accidents, and once when I slipped and broke a collar bone when I was involved in a fist fight.

I forgot another time - I had to have a metal splinter removed from an eye. This was me being stupid, and using an angle grinder to cut up a steel structure without wearing eye protection.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 10:30:23 AM

I go upstairs because it is quieter,

my point was. if mcdonalds was in trouble. the downstairs would be quiet for you not to need to go upstairs.
i can kinda understand your extra awareness of CV due to you being 78 thus naturally at higher risk than say a person under 50yo. but just dont let the fear overwhelm you
truckstop meals and bacon/egg muffins mixed with stress can play on the heart more than CV can play on the table

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 01:53:31 PM

CV has been found in South East England, so I suspect it is going to start to hit some of the fast food restaurants now,

I suspect that there may be an inverse correlation between McDonalds customers and people who are worried about contracting coronavirus, so I'm not convinced that CV will have any effect. I'm perfectly willing to be swayed by evidence to the contrary, however.

As a 77yo healthy-eating McDonalds customer who is in there at 6am and is also a bitcoin enthusiast, you may proudly consider yourself an extreme outlier.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: