Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:47:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S9K temperature related network failure - logs  (Read 445 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 08:42:24 PM

So, put the SDCARD (1go - 8go), power on miner, and, not remove this ! the miner booting by this sdcard Smiley

Ok, I think I understood, the firmware is loaded from the Sdcard and does not flash itself on the NAND memory, something similar to Braiins OS when it was first released, so what does he do if he wants to upgrade to a different firmware? I don't see this firmware running on an SD fixes any issue, what if he wants to use another custom firmware for an example, please explain more.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sxo13 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 09:35:00 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2020, 12:15:52 AM by frodocooper

Where are you exactly trying to located the SDcard slot? I highly think you are mistaken, there MUST be an Sdcard slot on the right side of the ethernet port, just between the port and the IP report button.

Im now not nearby the miners but Im pretty sure there is only the hole on the metal and no sd card slot behind it, or only the jumpers are missing to switch on the booting like from older s9 models Huh...I may be mistaken but something is off, anyway, will get checked shortly and report here the outcome based on the tips I got.
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 10:12:54 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2020, 12:16:32 AM by frodocooper
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Ok, I think I understood, the firmware is loaded from the Sdcard and does not flash itself on the NAND memory, something similar to Braiins OS when it was first released, so what does he do if he wants to upgrade to a different firmware? I don't see this firmware running on an SD fixes any issue, what if he wants to use another custom firmware for an example, please explain more.

Yes, runing mode only, no write on NAND ... but, is unlocked, you allowed for upgrade (by web gui after boot) any firmware you want !

Im now not nearby the miners but Im pretty sure there is only the hole on the metal and no sd card slot behind it, or only the jumpers are missing to switch on the booting like from older s9 models Huh...I may be mistaken but something is off, anyway, will get checked shortly and report here the outcome based on the tips I got.

I'm sur, you have SDCARD slot ! Wink the port is behind Wink

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 08:47:17 AM

Well as long as you can flash a different firmware while booted from the Sdcard then that makes sense, i however, got the original Sdcard recovery program sent to me directly by bitmain after requesting it, i am not sure why do they "hide" that and not simply upload it to their website, that is plain stupid but nothing out of the usual for bitmain to do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DonnovanSA

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 01:06:03 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2021, 07:38:37 PM by DonnovanSA

The log stuck on the temp.

Code:
2020-02-14 09:15:30 temperature.c:1363:process_status_value: Fatal Error: network connection lost!
It might be a temperature sensor.

The temp from PCB is fine it detects properly but after detecting the temp on the chip you got a fatal error then connection lost.

Can you check the miner's configuration and find the low power mode then enable it. then test it again. Let's see if it fixes your issue.

Just in case if still doesn't work check the kernel logs for changes and make a screenshot of your miner's status then post them here.

Had the same problem with my S9K farm found out that it was my uplink causing that, my Main Elect from the DB was running next to the network cable and caused interference I moved my cable away and ran it from a different side of the farm now I don't get any more of those errors

Hi also noted that my psu was on-top of the miner that also interfered with connection mine has been running now with no network lost
DonnovanSA

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:23:50 PM

The log stuck on the temp.

Code:
2020-02-14 09:15:30 temperature.c:1363:process_status_value: Fatal Error: network connection lost!
It might be a temperature sensor.

The temp from PCB is fine it detects properly but after detecting the temp on the chip you got a fatal error then connection lost.

Can you check the miner's configuration and find the low power mode then enable it. then test it again. Let's see if it fixes your issue.

Just in case if still doesn't work check the kernel logs for changes and make a screenshot of your miner's status then post them here.

Hi I had the same problem (Is your PSU on top of the Miner where the control board is or your network cable running for more than a meter next to power cables. i removed mine and my psu standing next to the miner again and that error went away.) hopefully that helps for you as well.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: