Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PROJECT IDEA - Coronavirus quarantine site  (Read 90 times)
Well, for just testing wi (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 12:32:30 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2020, 02:21:53 PM by Well, for just testing wi

Hi!

Regarding the current situation with the coronavirus or COVID-2019 outbreak: since now many people are working from home or in self-quarantine for many days because they have been in Wuhan or in contact with infected people, I was thinking to create some sort of site to promote that people fulfill the recommended quarantine period, that can go from 14 to 46 days (according to different sources).

Then, I came across this site: https://gofuckingdoit.com/ where you pay some amount attached to a goal. If you complete your goal you get the money back, if not you lose it. Perhaps we can do a similar site, where you pay a "quarantine fee" and then you recover the money if you fulfill the quarantine period. If you stop it, then either the money can go to charity or to the other users (so they get a reward, plus the recovered fee).

I ask myself how the website can track that a person stays in the same location for many days. Like in the above website, you choose a supervisor? or some automated system is possible, such as checking the IP? using geolocation? plus using a captcha?

So, there are some questions I want to ask for feedback and suggestions.

1. Do you think the idea is interesting or it doesn't make any sense?
2. The fees paid by users that are not able to fulfill the quarantine period, should go to charity or to the other users?
3. Is it possible to solve technically the tracking of a person in self-quarantine?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: