Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cpuminer-opt v24.1, Optimized multi-algo CPU miner for x86_64 and AArch64  (Read 9692 times)
JayDDee (OP)

Activity: 1382
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 05:20:55 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2024, 01:38:49 AM by JayDDee
Merited by scryptr (20), suchmoon (16), CjMapope (8), alucard20724 (5), impynick (3), Dabs (1), Lafu (1), FatFork (1)

This is the home of cpuminer-opt, the optimized CPU miner.
         Now supporting AArch64

Supporting over 90 agorithms with many optimized for CPUs with the latest technologies:

Intel Haswell: AVX2
AMD Zen1: AVX2 and SHA
AMD Zen3, Intel Alderlake*: AVX2, SHA and VAES
Intel Skylake X: AVX512
AMD Zen4, Intel Rocketlake: AVX512, SHA, and VAES
Orange Pi-5: NEON, AES, SHA2
Raspberry Pi-4B, Apple M2*: NEON

Older 64 bit CPUs with SSE2 are also supported, see below for requirements.
*Alderlake and subsequent Intel desktop architectures are hybrid architecture with AVX512 disabled.
*Apple M2 is supported using a Linux VM.

Downloads

Linux can be compiled from source for x86_64 and AArch64. Windows binaries are available for x86_64.
Windows binaries do not support CPU groups and are limited to 64 threads. Support for CPU groups requires
compiling from source with CPU groups enabled, see Wiki for details.
Download only from the official JayDDee git repository.
There may be malware masquerading as cpuminer-opt, stay alert.
I no longer post links in new mesages and I don't post direct links to files. Any such links should be treated
with suspicion. The only valid download link is below and directs to a landing page that can be examined
for legitimacy before any files are downloaded.

Latest release including Windows binaries
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases

Documentation
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/wiki

List of supported algoritms
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/wiki/Supported--Algorithms

Source code
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt

New in v24.1
#414: fix bug in merkle error handling.
#416: change $nproc to $(nproc) in build scripts.
#420: change some inline function definitions to static inline.
#413: Fix formatting error for share result log when using no-color.
Faster 2 way interleaving.
Cleanup sha256 architecture targetting.

Full change log: https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES

Requirements:

CPU:

- x86_64 architecture CPU with a minimum of SSE2 support. This includes Intel Core2 and newer and AMD equivalents.
- Arm CPU supporting AArch64 and NEON.

32 bit CPUs are not supported.

Older CPUs are supported by open source cpuminer-multi by TPruvot but at reduced performance.

Mining on mobile devices that may otherwise meet the requirements is not recommended due to the risk of overheating and damaging the battery.
Mining has unlimited demand, it will push any device to or beyond its limits. There is also a fire risk with overheated lithium batteries.
Beware of apps claiming "mobile only mining". There is no such thing, they aren't miners. If a mobile CPU can mine it any CPU can.

64 bit Linux OS. Debian and Fedora based distributions including Ubuntu, Mint, RHEL and clones are known to work and have all dependencies in their
repositories. Others may work but may require more effort.

Windows 7 or newer 64 bits is supported using the pre-compiled binaries x86_64 package or may be compiled from source using MinGW & MSys2.
There is no support for Windows on ARM at this time

FreeBSD is not actively tested but should work, YMMV.

Apple MacOS is supported using a Linux VM, native support is not yet available.

Alt OSs like Haiku & ReactOS are not supported.

Security warning

Cryptocurrency miners are often flagged as malware by antivirus programs. This is usually a false positive, they are flagged simply
because of what they are. However, some malware has been spread using the cover that miners are known to be subject to
false positives. Always be on alert. The source code of cpuminer-opt is open for anyone to inspect. If you don't trust the software
don't download it.

Some cryptographic code has been taken from trusted sources but has been modified for speed at the expense of accepted
security practices. This code should not be imported into applications where secure cryptography is required.

Errata:

Old algorithms that are rarely used or are too difficult to mine with a CPU will not get the latest optimizations.
Cryptonight and variants, Hodl & Argon2a  are no longer supported, use older version or other miners.

Donations

cpuminer-opt has no fees of any kind but donations are accepted.

BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 05:30:28 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2020, 05:51:42 PM by joblo

Just a quick note to reassure readers that although JayDDee is a newbie user here
we are the same person. The new userid now matches my github userid.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 06:34:30 PM

Posting here to get the updates on the new thread.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 07:53:36 PM

You could also change the signature on the older account to match the new thread.

JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:25:43 PM

You could also change the signature on the older account to match the new thread.

Thanks for the reminder. I intended to do that although I won't be posting much from that user anymore.

I'm more interested in adding a sig to this user once the newbie training wheels come off.

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:32:30 PM

Done.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 04:58:39 AM

Even if CPU mining isn't always profitable, it's still excellent to have a miner that works with so many algos, even if just for testing purposes. I appreciate all the work you have done over the years on this miner. Smiley
impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 10:11:03 AM

Thank you for your contributions to CPU mining. As an avid cpu miner I appreciate the options your miner brings to the table
JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:23:18 AM

I've created a wiki page for cpuminer-opt. It's all one page with no index, sorry but I don't know how to make it more structured
other that breaking it up into seperate files.

Users may want to scroll past the first half, it's just copied from README files. The interesting part is the log report descriptions
that start about half way down.

A lot of changes have been made to the miner's displayed output and a lot of new info is provided. I attempted to make it as intuitive as
possible while prioritizing and highlighting the most important points. I also tried to limit redundancy by not displaying the same data
in different forms or statistics that can be easilly derived from other displayed data. The data can be used with data obtained from other
sources to provide even more advanced info. For example, block reward and coin exchange rates are not known to the miner but
when combined with pool and exchange data can build a full profitability profile.

The new log reports were the result of 2 minds: the geeky user who wanted all the data available, and the developper who wanted to provide
the data in the most efficient manner, as raw as possible while still being understandable to a moderately experienced user.

It's all here...

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/wiki

It's still rough around the edges, lots of typos and missing topics, buit it's a start.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 01:45:12 PM

Still at it mate ...

You are still sitting in my 'highest respect' list. Always looking forward to what you may be doing next.

Massive updates to the codebase I see also.

This profile will be a legend in no time Wink

#crysx

JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:14:58 PM

Nice to hear from you Chrys.

Mining isn't what it used to be but writing SW keeps me out of trouble.

I've kinda lost touch with you and chainworks, how's that going? It seems like you're always
exploring new ventures.

JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:39:41 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2020, 07:48:22 AM by JayDDee

cpuminer-opt-3.12.4.3

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases

Solo mining with getwork is now working again with improved log reporting.
Edit: fixed segfault in getwork from v3.12.4.2.

See RELEASE_NOTES for detailed changelog.

JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 07:06:01 PM
Merited by Iamtutut (1)

cpumminer-opt-3.12.5

This release should bring an end to the flurry of releases recently to address problems with share statistics
for both getwork and stratum mining. Stats should now be correct and robust with the ability to verify many
mining performance parameters.

A list of variants of yespower algorithms and parameters has been added to README.md. These algos can
be mined by cpuminer-opt simply by specifying their parameters.

See OP for more info.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 06:04:39 AM

Nice to hear from you Chrys.

Mining isn't what it used to be but writing SW keeps me out of trouble.

I've kinda lost touch with you and chainworks, how's that going? It seems like you're always
exploring new ventures.

Always nice to see all that is happening with you mate ...

Especially the positive, even though negative is always part of the equation.

CWI is doing a LOT. Mostly backend stuff and not stuff I really want to bring out here in public. You know what happens if even a small amount is leaked out, then taken considerably out of context. Two years have passed since the reset and continuation of theFARM, and that is going strong, renting some of the units through MiningRigRentals under the CWI-Rental banner, with a new Mine (Rebuild of Amethyst Mine) underway for all areas of mining. New codebase being built for the template of the coins we have to rebuild, and ultimately being integrated into one MasterCoin we have codenamed CoinX for the time being.

CPU mining is one of our goals for Amethyst Mine and I assure you, even though mining is not what it used to be, it is still as exciting as it was when it first started.

Never in any case has the memory of your help in the background when I was stumbling at the time of compilation and understanding, has left my mind. Your help THEN has always been a reminder that decent people exist in Crypto. Always that respect mate, no matter whether we see eye to eye or not (and I fail to remember when it was not - but there you have it).

What you have done with CPUMiner-Multi is amazing. CPUMiner-OPT is in a league of it's own now. The leaps and bounds is well worth the time and effort to reacquaint yourself with the coding world, and a huge success it seems to be. I do see at times you get frustrated, but that comes with the territory mate. We all do, especially with the trolls.

There is much to do and still a long road to tread, but as long as we tread and cut the road ourselves, we follow in no others footsteps, and that my friend, are steps worth taking.

As for CWI, a lot more has happened in the background and the plans are seemingly coming to fruition this year. All the puzzles' pieces shall fit some time soon in the big picture. One thing is for sure though, if there is anything that we can do together, my door is always open to you.

New Ventures for us are also backend mostly, and can discuss with you privately, but none of them are small. We have become a very precise instrument, nay a tool, to deal with all we have undertaken, and hone it all into an enterprise that is worth the long (almost 9Year) effort I have personally invested in Crypto thus far. We have 'good' people with us, and they are doing great things. That door is also open to you.

Keep doing good things JDD (JoBlo or whatever Pseudo you wish to use) - as you usually do mate.

#crysx

orlandoblim

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 06:21:41 AM

Can we discuss about the price?
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 09:47:22 AM

I was redirected from my thread asking about my hardware for mining, is it still profitable mining with CPU I see a lot of algo that is compatible to this mining software but can it compete and what's the best coin to mine using this software, do you have a video tutorial for your software.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 05:00:33 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2020, 07:17:04 PM by JayDDee

Benchmark is broken in cpuminer-opt-3.12.6. It will be fixed in the next release.
Mining is not affected. Use v3.12.5 for benchmarking until the fix is released.

Edit: v3.12.6.1 is released with benchmark fixed.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 01:19:34 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2020, 07:10:17 AM by chrysophylax

I was redirected from my thread asking about my hardware for mining, is it still profitable mining with CPU I see a lot of algo that is compatible to this mining software but can it compete and what's the best coin to mine using this software, do you have a video tutorial for your software.

I think ...

I think that these questions really should be directed to a trading (read - gambling) thread about price and the trade systems.
I think that that you should know the differences between coins and what they do, or don't do in most cases, and what the benefit is of those coins distanced from 'money'.
I think that who ever creates applications, improves them and optimizes them (like this project), and continues to do so, is adding more value to Crypto itself, than to the 'price' that most of you out there are so obsessed with.

Who cares about price? Most of you that are out there fumbling their way trying to do the complete opposite of what Crypto was actually designed for, by trying to make more of the money that enslaved us all in the first place.

Who cares about the Technologies? The people that care about the optimization and improvement of such technologies and the development of such things for the betterment of Crypto. Like this project.

Who cares about value in Crypto? We should ALL care, but very little do. Price and FIAT (Governement OWNED cash) is all that most care about, meaning not many have a good grasp of what Crypto really is about.

So when you ask about 'price', 'profitability', and whether sofwtare 'competes' in this arena, you are asking the wrong questions in the wrong place. This thread is about the optimization, development, and GROWTH of the code and application, than the 'price' something is, which is a moot subject here.

It saddens me to see Crypto over the 9Years I have been around in this 'scene', to watch the idea of 'freedom' get turned into 'slavery' because all you want is to turn Crypto into Cash.

Crypto = Freedom/People.
Cash = Government/Slavery.
CPUMiner-OPT = development.

Who gives a damn about the money other than those that lust for it? I sure as hell don't, and I can gurantee ANYONE that knows what Crypto is about and respects the core values of Crypto, is the same. So please don't smear this thread and the 'clean' talk of development and functionality with the filth that 'price' and 'cash' and 'profit' always end up doing.

JDD = keep hammering away at the code mate. You are doing an AWESOME job!

#crysx

JayDDee (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 02:22:53 AM

So when you ask about 'price', 'profitability', and whether sofwtare 'competes' in this arena, you are asking the wrong questions in the wrong place. This thread is about the optimization, development, and GROWTH of the code and application, than the 'price' something is, which is a moot subject here.

Hear! Hear!

I've made it clear in the past I don't give advice on mining, only technical information.
And I don't compete.

p2501

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 09:22:14 AM

Any chance you could help with the following error during compilation?
This is under centos 6 and gcc 8.3.1

util.c: In function ‘send_line’:
util.c:1136:15: error: ‘sock’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘work’?
      n = send(sock, s + sent, len, 0);
               ^~~~
               work
util.c:1136:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  

Jump to: