Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS inflation reduced from 5% to 1%-appropriate inflation after 2 years of exp?  (Read 74 times)
Xangle (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 08:54:22 AM

[Xangle Briefing] EOS inflation reduced from 5% to 1%...EOS finds appropriate inflation after 2 years of experience
https://xangle.io/project/EOS/disclosures/5e553b349c35b7e6ec29bf45

According to crypto disclosure platform Xangle, EOS’ governance voted on decreasing the inflation rate from 5% to 1%. Right after the voting passed, the governance again voted to burn 3.7% of EOS token’s total circulating volume. Such actions can be interpreted as EOS’ efforts to find the proper inflation rate to operate its network ecosystem.

So far EOS has been issuing coins at an annual inflation of 5%. Out of the 5%, 4% were kept in the EOSIO saving accounts, and the rest were distributed to blockchain managers (BPs) for network maintenance costs. Blockchain projects maintain their network by issuing additional coins, hence the inflation, and distributing them as rewards to project participants.

The 5% inflation rate, set by EOS founder Dan Larimer when the EOSIO platform was released, lasted for two years. Today’s decision was made due to the undecided use of the remaining 4% in EOS savings account. For the same reason, 4% of EOS tokens was burned last year.

Despite EOS’ inflation decrease and token burns, its impact on the market price is limited. This is because the 4% in EOSIO savings account was never distributed to the market, leaving the actual circulation untouched.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 03:41:51 PM

I get that they did a token burning and I get that they have dropped the inflation and all of those are great things but let's not forget about that simple part in the article that says they literally got free money for 2 years without anyone caring about it and people are fine with as far as I can see.

I mean we are in a weird market where some people come up and say they will make a currency of their own and everyone else follows, so nothing is weirder and I am used to stuff now but at the same time when they already got funding for it and when they are constantly getting paid for it in millions, I do not see how people could be fine with it. Now, that's gone and they have burned a lot of money with this so people think they are great but they weren't always doing these type of things.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:34:37 PM

EOS inflation reduced from 5% to 1%-appropriate inflation after 2 years of exp?

Most of their coins come to existence in ICO, so what is the inflation right now dont really matter that much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: