Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Issues with Arcbit. Please help.  (Read 165 times)
GreatVolcana (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 09:37:52 PM

Basically I sent 'x' amount of money to my Arcbit wallet as I've done so for the past year and it's been great.

The money hasn't shown up in my wallet and it's been over 15 hrs. Wallet says 0 BTC and hasn't changed.
I sent another $20 tester and it say's "'x' Wallet received 'x' coin" but when I look at the wallet, the 0 BTC balance hasn't budged.

Is there anything I can do? Something has happened like this before but only took around 1 hr to fix. Never this long.
Reading around, apparently Tim Lee (Arcbit dev) doesn't support this app anymore and basically it's on its last legs. I'm assuming my coin is completely gone forever and there's nothing I can do to retrieve the coin.

I have restored my app with the 12 word pass and still nothing has shown up. Been refreshed numerous times.

Don't know where to go from here, thank you.

Edit:
The blockchain has shown over 2 confirmations and the money was sent to the correct address. No phishing, no nothing. Just bad luck I suppose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3834

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 04:13:16 AM

This is the first time I've heard of Arcbit, but even if the developer doesn't support the app anymore, your funds should still show up though. Regardless through the Arcbit UI, or through another wallet with the imported private keys from the Arcbit wallet. Try restoring the 12 word phrase on a reputable wallet like Electrum and see how it goes.

The blockchain has shown over 2 confirmations and the money was sent to the correct address. No phishing, no nothing. Just bad luck I suppose.
Probably wait a bit more. There's a very slight chance that your funds MIGHT not show up with only 2 confs. Probably 3+ or 6+. This completely depends on the wallet though. Some wallets show the pending unconfirmed funds.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 03:49:42 PM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

Arcbit is now an inactive wallet. There have been no PRs, issues or any sort of development happening over in github page and also the website's certificate has not been renewed. You should probably leave the wallet aside and move onto Bitcoin Core/Electrum as mjglqw suggested.

Since you have the 12 word passphrase, try importing the words in a trusted wallet in Electrum. You would be able to access your funds there. Do the following to access your funds in electrum.

1. Download Electrum from official website. Verify the PGP key of ThomasV before entering your passphrase.
2. Select 'Standard Wallet' and click on Next
3. Select 'I already have a seed' and click on Next
4. Enter the 12 word passphrase in the electrum window

Note that Arcbit is a legacy wallet as per the information from trezor

5. After entering the 12 word passphrase click on 'Options' instead of Next
6. Select 'BIP39 Seed' and select legacy(p2pkh) and enter derivation path as m/44'/0'/0' and click on Next
7. Enter the password and confirm it and then click on Next

You should be able to spend your coins there. Hope this might solve your problem.
richcoin888

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:18:37 AM

you can refund your money from the Acrbit wallet.
But it will take some times.
Please wait for a patiently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: