Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:45:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Difficulty Bomb Delayed Again  (Read 276 times)
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 04:42:50 PM

Sir, you are a very capable and in-depth analyzer. I'm quite confident the top two places are for ETH since it has a lot of users and solid fundamentals, and it's still the safest, even though BTC corrections happen all the time. BNB is currently in third place for its rating since it has been following the ETH trend in recent weeks; I believe JP Morgan is also strong with Ethereum: morgan, https://decrypt.co/75108/ethereum-mengintai-crypto-jp.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:57:47 AM

I don't think there's going to be anything panicky about ETH.  Do you want their success and promises to be perfect and cover up any remaining flaws?  Over 6 million ETH staked in ETH 2.0 (Over 180k users there).  I believe ETH 2.0 will respond very well and the price will explode.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/six-million-ethereum-now-being-125829747.html
What makes you so confident about the success of PoS? ETH 2.0 is not going to be the first PoS coin. A lot of them have tried this system of using validating nodes instead of miners for processing of transactions and generation of blocks.

How is ETH 2.0 different from say ADA etc. which claim that they are better than Ethereum?

On top of that, it is already going through the MEV issues which are leading to instability. What I mean is that what makes you so certain about Ethereum's success and how is its PoS model different from those hundred others which have failed to work at scale.

Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:21:33 AM

I think it is better if they don't give a time frame when eth 2.0 will be fully ready to avoid making people waiting for it disappointed, while it is very important for the devs to insure everything is working in accordance before launching it, it will safe many the disappointment whenever the expected date passed without the launch, things like this can't be rushed, reason why the delays will occur, people have to understand this.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2021, 10:37:41 AM

What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea of delaying the difficulty bomb after each hard fork? Do you think sometimes enough is enough? Will people get tired of ETH's inability to scale on time? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley
Cardano has been there for a very long time. They've delayed some of their developments to with the coin but still there are some supporters of the coin.

Same goes with Ethereum. Delaying some developments have reasons too but still the support with the coin is still the same. I don't like the idea of delaying such developments with the coin especially if its very beneficial to the community but when you released it on the date and it turns out to be a fail then it might cause the project and the coin to go down. Delaying for the betterment of the project would be better than to releasing it and it becomes a failure.

I don't think that people will get tired of ETH's inability to scale. After all like I said, there are many projects that are under the Ethereum blockchain so there will be users and supporters who will just live on how fast transaction speed of ETH is.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OcTradism

Activity: 1736
Merit: 806

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2021, 11:46:35 AM

Same goes with Ethereum. Delaying some developments have reasons too but still the support with the coin is still the same. I don't like the idea of delaying such developments with the coin especially if its very beneficial to the community but when you released it on the date and it turns out to be a fail then it might cause the project and the coin to go down. Delaying for the betterment of the project would be better than to releasing it and it becomes a failure.

I don't think that people will get tired of ETH's inability to scale. After all like I said, there are many projects that are under the Ethereum blockchain so there will be users and supporters who will just live on how fast transaction speed of ETH is.
Upgrade and increase scalability are good but they are not decisive for the price of Ethereum, so do Bitcoin.

Soon people who are complaining and selling at this correction, accumulation time will buy Ethereum when it breaks $5,000 or $10,000. They will repeat what the crowd did with Bitcoin in 2017. No one thought Bitcoin would rise to almost $20,000 in 2017.

Ethereum, this year might get a price at 5 digits, $10,000.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 04:03:37 PM

Ethereum will be rolling a series of upgrades with the "London" hard fork on August 4, 2021. It'll be an exciting time for ETH holders as the cryptocurrency becomes scarcer than ever while fees decline considerably across the Blockchain. While the hard fork will bring many benefits, it will also delay the difficulty bomb to Dec 1st. We're going to have to wait again until ETH becomes a full-fledged cryptocurrency.

This sucks real bad, since developers keep delaying ETH 2.0 after each upgrade. I know they want to make sure the new upgrade is as secure as possible before rolling it on "mainnet". But the many delays are making people desperate as the current implementation of the ETH blockchain becomes heavily congested. If this keeps up, Binance Chain or another competitor could take down ETH's position as the leader of the smart contracts industry.
Ethereum will eventually have that delay catch up, they delayed it so many times now and eventually one day it will have that difficulty increase and that is just fine, I do not even think that they should keep delaying it and if we had it back in the day it would have hurt it at the time in short term but in the long term by now there wouldn't have been a problem.

In any case thanks to this London fork I am sure that the gas fee will get a lot cheaper and thanks to that we are going to see the difficulty not be a huge problem when the bomb actually goes off. What are we scared of? The difficulty going up and why? Because it will increase the gas fee a lot and it will congest a ton, well with the new gas fee thing I am sure that it will not become a problem and people will be able to pay at least 5-10 bucks for a month or two after the bomb and then it will be fully empty and be free finally.

distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 04:07:44 PM

I think it is better if they don't give a time frame when eth 2.0 will be fully ready to avoid making people waiting for it disappointed, while it is very important for the devs to insure everything is working in accordance before launching it, it will safe many the disappointment whenever the expected date passed without the launch, things like this can't be rushed, reason why the delays will occur, people have to understand this.
for something big why not publish? the time is fixed and indeed sometimes there are delays, I think that's normal. they need a long time to develop a project as big as ethereum.
everyone has been waiting a long time for this great development to be completed. the time is still long and everyone is still patient.

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 07:48:20 AM

--snip--
Soon people who are complaining and selling at this correction, accumulation time will buy Ethereum when it breaks $5,000 or $10,000. They will repeat what the crowd did with Bitcoin in 2017. No one thought Bitcoin would rise to almost $20,000 in 2017.

Ethereum, this year might get a price at 5 digits, $10,000.
Those are pretty wild predictions. The last rally for Ethereum was based on the final specs for launch of ETH 2.0. I think people rushed for the 32 ETH requirement and that created this current price floor. Apart from that, there wasn't anything fundamentally new about Ethereum.

So expecting almost a 5X solely because of launching PoS is too optimistic. PoS has a different set of issues and hasn't really been done on this scale except in a fully centralized manner (as in case of Binance Chain).

--snip--
In any case thanks to this London fork I am sure that the gas fee will get a lot cheaper and thanks to that we are going to see the difficulty not be a huge problem when the bomb actually goes off. What are we scared of?
What the hell is this bomb everyone keeps talking about? I am not well versed with Ethereum and the community. So all of this is a bit new.
OcTradism

Activity: 1736
Merit: 806

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2021, 11:38:45 AM

Those are pretty wild predictions. The last rally for Ethereum was based on the final specs for launch of ETH 2.0. I think people rushed for the 32 ETH requirement and that created this current price floor. Apart from that, there wasn't anything fundamentally new about Ethereum.

So expecting almost a 5X solely because of launching PoS is too optimistic. PoS has a different set of issues and hasn't really been done on this scale except in a fully centralized manner (as in case of Binance Chain).
In crypto, it is possible.

People did not believe that Ethereum can get its 2018 all time high, they said the altcoin will never touch that expensive price again.

Then what happened? Ethereum broke the cap $1,400 and soared to more than $4,100. They had many reasons to disbelieve in Ethereum because they saw Changpeng Zao shilled Binance Smart Chain and they can use BNB and that chain with very cheap transaction fee.

Ethereum will be like Bitcoin, beat all fud and opponents to get its new all time high. BNB can get a price of ETH in 2018 soon but it will need a few years to rise to $4,000 like ETH months ago.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 05:16:26 PM

Cardano has been there for a very long time. They've delayed some of their developments to with the coin but still there are some supporters of the coin.

As they always say, "better safe than sorry". The ETH developer team is being extremely careful by making sure everything is in tip top shape before launching the new version to the public. Transitioning from PoW to PoS while retaining decentralization/security/reliability is NOT an easy task. Many people will be desperate as fees soar towards new heights. There's no reason to worry about Ethereum getting "clogged" since there are other alternatives on the market with greater transaction capacity and cost-efficiency. If people want convenience/ease-of-use, then Binance Chain or Cardano would be the way to go.

Sooner or later ETH 2.0 will come into fruition, making the Ethereum platform bigger, faster, and stronger than ever. As long as decentralization is put first, nothing else matters. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ARTURVH

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 03:38:19 AM

Vitalik has to be most carefully as possible for the upgrade because any fault will  wipe out a huge market,.The upgrade will take a long time.We should be more patiently.Binance Smart Chain also is perfect and it developes rapidly,Maybe one day BNB will take place of Eth ,but not now.

campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:34:37 PM

the community is actually tired of this delay. but nothing can be done, they start to not care about this matter. whenever there is an update it will always end in a longer delay. even i'm starting to doubt whether ethereum is really capable of using POS or not. and whether they have found a solution for scaling.
you should be calmer. don't worry about the ethereum development that is currently underway. although in the delay I think it was explained from the start that planning for this latest development will take a long time.
I believe that when it's all done it will pay dearly for what many people have doubted.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4285

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2021, 02:22:50 PM

Ethereum will be rolling a series of upgrades with the "London" hard fork on August 4, 2021. It'll be an exciting time for ETH holders as the cryptocurrency becomes scarcer than ever while fees decline considerably across the Blockchain. While the hard fork will bring many benefits, it will also delay the difficulty bomb to Dec 1st. We're going to have to wait again until ETH becomes a full-fledged cryptocurrency.

This sucks real bad, since developers keep delaying ETH 2.0 after each upgrade. I know they want to make sure the new upgrade is as secure as possible before rolling it on "mainnet". But the many delays are making people desperate as the current implementation of the ETH blockchain becomes heavily congested. If this keeps up, Binance Chain or another competitor could take down ETH's position as the leader of the smart contracts industry.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea of delaying the difficulty bomb after each hard fork? Do you think sometimes enough is enough? Will people get tired of ETH's inability to scale on time? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

the community is actually tired of this delay. but nothing can be done, they start to not care about this matter. whenever there is an update it will always end in a longer delay. even i'm starting to doubt whether ethereum is really capable of using POS or not. and whether they have found a solution for scaling.
The community will still have to wait a little longer.
The team has solved all the problems and is ready to start ETH 2.0 Merge
https://ethmerge.com/
Next, there will be a procedure for launching new shards, which will take another couple of years.
Merge will only reduce inflation on the Ethereum network and stop mining

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 02:51:41 PM

The community will still have to wait a little longer.
The team has solved all the problems and is ready to start ETH 2.0 Merge
https://ethmerge.com/
Next, there will be a procedure for launching new shards, which will take another couple of years.
Merge will only reduce inflation on the Ethereum network and stop mining

It sucks having to wait a long time just to obtain the benefits of other blockchain networks (which are low fees and fast transaction confirmation times). At least, we can be sure that the upgrade will be as stable as possible after launch. I guess security/reliability is more important than rushing things out and putting the whole Blockchain at risk. Most people want convenience on top of everything else, so they'd get desperate when developers delay the upgrade. The longer it takes for ETH 2.0 to be rolled on mainnet, the higher BNB and other competitors will go.

Fortunately, there are scaling solutions available to make our lives easier on ETH. The "MATIC" network is up and running, with several projects making use of it for low fees and blazing-fast speeds. Aave and Instadapp are using Polygon (MATIC) to counteract the high fees and slow transaction throughput of the main ETH blockchain. With this, we may no longer need to wait for ETH 2.0 to enjoy the benefits of other blockchain networks. What matters is decentralization above all else. If ETH remains decentralized, nothing else matters. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: