Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much $ Have You spent On Ethereum As Gas Fees  (Read 276 times)
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 12, 2022, 10:44:09 PM

I better not have seen this. Checked a few of my addresses, everything looks very depressing. around $100-$150 per address  Angry
Yesterday I tried to send some ETH, but the recomended normal fee is 300gwei.  Sad
I tend not to have on some peeking of these numbers as you would really be feeling out some stress or being depressed on how much you had able to spend on fees.

If you are really that eager nor really that serious on knowing then you could follow the link up.It is really just dumb on making out transactions amidst of high
network fees or congestion but there are times which couldnt really be avoided for you to do so which you wont really be leaving no choice but to proceed on.
Erc20 transaction fees now is on the roof and its been a while even that London fork happened which is useless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
libert19 (OP)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2022, 04:56:17 AM

It's confirmed, discord open: https://mobile.twitter.com/feeswtf/status/1481146592854175744

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
January 13, 2022, 06:40:56 AM

Wow that's awesome, we were just about discussing it yesterday that such an airdrop ought to have been done, it's quite good as the minimum requirement is not that much, just 0.05 eth, still very OK in my opinion, hopefully it worth something huge in future, supply almost 1.7billion plus, and there is probability that not everyone that is qualified will claim

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2022, 09:18:39 PM

as if CMC was following us and reading the discussion here, so he pulled out another analysis about transaction fees.
Definitely, Ethereum looks scary compared to other currencies on this graphic.

source: https://twitter.com/CoinMarketCap/status/1481448979997069312?s=20

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
libert19 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2022, 02:51:16 AM

Claiming is live but there is lot of drama around it

You may refer to this video for info: https://youtu.be/WJrX8XqWsJc

It's not mine, I just found it helpful.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
January 14, 2022, 06:46:54 PM

I feel unsafe to connect about it so input an address to check is better. However it brings another issue: when you check your address, transactions with explorers or third-party sites, you reveal your privacy.

People who don't care about privacy, are free to use those websites to check transaction history. No worry at all.

The topic should have been, how to know how much you've spent on Ethereum gas fee' thanks for sharing but I don't think I want to know because it doesn't matter but I'm sure some people would care so thanks for sharing
Ethereum used to be attacked because of fee and people thought that if Ethereum can not resolve their expensive transaction fee, the coin can not grow more in price. In fact, Ethereum did not resolve it but it just makes a new all time high.

Binance Smart Chain is repeating what happened with ETH and ERC20 chain. They were launched and seriously shilled by CZ as a chain for cheap transactions. Now, it is becoming more expensive. Gamers in Play to Earn games on BSC are facing fear of expensive fee for each of their clicks.  Embarrassed

Bsc is not even close to what eth is charging as gas fees especially on erc20 tokens,  no need to sugar-coate it, the gas fees on ethereum network is high and that people are paying irrespective of the high gas is not mostly by choice, besides not even eth base airdrop is wort wasting such money on.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2022, 03:02:17 PM

To be candid there ought to be an airdrop for the amount we spent on Ethereum gas fee, just as there is an airdrop for the amount we spent on opensea site for gas fee, it's really huge when I checked the amount I had spent on gas fee, like seriously we ought to be compensated, but I believe probably in future there might be an airdrop, just that there will be an amount that ought to have been traded so as to reduce the amount of people that will be qualified

Hehe,
Airdrop on Ethereum network or they will compensate with BSC tokens?

If actually an airdrop is being run tell me how much gas fees do you also need to send out the airdrop token received or is there any means they sent us ETH as gas as well?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1451

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 07:59:08 PM

Go here and connect your wallet: https://fees.wtf/

Hesitant to connect? Replace 'here ' with your address in this url: https://fees.wtf/?address='here'

If you have discovered that you spent more than 1559$ as gaz fees in a single address, then this news would make you happy. Smiley
Actually there does exist an ongoing airdrop for Eth users who had spent more than 1559$ on a time-weighted basis. If you are one of them, go claim your airdrop using this link: https://mirror.xyz/gasdao.eth/oK-twc7QGL1Vi5kMiiGNCYzH3ZsqkLZsMd_FUFxJqc4
The project called gasdao: https://www.gasdao.org/
Follow its updates in Twitter: https://twitter.com/0xgasdao

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1108

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2022, 02:29:59 AM

I believe one of my Ethereum address spent more than 2 ETH on gas fees already.

If you have discovered that you spent more than 1559$ as gaz fees in a single address, then this news would make you happy. Smiley
Actually there does exist an ongoing airdrop for Eth users who had spent more than 1559$ on a time-weighted basis. If you are one of them, go claim your airdrop using this link: https://mirror.xyz/gasdao.eth/oK-twc7QGL1Vi5kMiiGNCYzH3ZsqkLZsMd_FUFxJqc4

All these transaction fee related tokens doing airdrops are not much worth it to claim, the gas/transaction fee alone to claim these tokens is far more expensive than the actual airdrop, add to the fact that the $WTF token airdrop requires those who wish to claim to pay 0.01 ETH as 'service fee' is really stupid. There is also news of $FEE token by Fee.io to be airdrop but I'm not sure if that one would have potential value though, most probably it would also be worthless.

Kavelj22
Legendary

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 10:43:56 PM

I believe one of my Ethereum address spent more than 2 ETH on gas fees already.

All these transaction fee related tokens doing airdrops are not much worth it to claim, the gas/transaction fee alone to claim these tokens is far more expensive than the actual airdrop, add to the fact that the $WTF token airdrop requires those who wish to claim to pay 0.01 ETH as 'service fee' is really stupid. There is also news of $FEE token by Fee.io to be airdrop but I'm not sure if that one would have potential value though, most probably it would also be worthless.

I thought gasdao token worth something when i post about their airdrop. I saw your post in local board announcing it. Without doing enough searches, i thought it's like uniswap airdrop.
Thanks for your response. The concept as you've described is a total bullshit. those token won't ever have a value.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1108

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2022, 05:10:04 AM

I thought gasdao token worth something when i post about their airdrop. I saw your post in local board announcing it. Without doing enough searches, i thought it's like uniswap airdrop.
Thanks for your response. The concept as you've described is a total bullshit. those token won't ever have a value.
I thought so too. $GAS hit an ATH $0.0005 when it first launched in December but then quickly plummeted as many people claimed their token. With $WFT, while it got to $0.2 ATH, it's just a freaking failure when it was launched, there's even a problem with their liquidity that at the time, people who claimed their $WTF token airdrop can't even sell the damn thing and don't forget the stupid service fee.
I think the problem was, most of these tokens have no clear utility prior to launch so people have no reason on keeping them hence the inevitable dumps.
$FEE from Fee.io currently has planned utility for their upcoming token airdrop but recently, a massive red flag was raised over this project all because they are requesting people to help them raise liquidity.
Supposedly, users who supply liquidity will get a 20% discount on the listing price for the tokens supplied, claimable only when the airdrop is launched. Cheesy
You can tell by the replies on their tweet about it that many people are upset. LOL

Source:
https://twitter.com/FeeToken/status/1486315007319105537
https://medium.com/@feetoken/initial-liquidity-raise-for-fee-launch-c21e7822dcae

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 07:09:09 AM

Hesitant to connect? Replace 'here ' with your address in this url: https://fees.wtf/?address='here'

So how much did you spend?
Ive checked my gas fee consumption there and cant believe that I spend already combined with my other wallet worth 18k$ thats crazy in the current eth price now. I cant imagine that Ive spent it on trading. But I assume that Ive earned at least triple of that since Ive started crypto. Its not that I hesitant to connect since I can disconnect it anyway.

Its unfortunate that eth fee increase so high and I do hope they can really fix this scaling.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kavelj22
Legendary

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 06:57:21 PM

I thought so too. $GAS hit an ATH $0.0005 when it first launched in December but then quickly plummeted as many people claimed their token. With $WFT, while it got to $0.2 ATH, it's just a freaking failure when it was launched, there's even a problem with their liquidity that at the time, people who claimed their $WTF token airdrop can't even sell the damn thing and don't forget the stupid service fee.
What surprised me the most by checking info details of the gasdao token is that it's listed in 9 exchangers according to coinmarketcap and some of them are trusted ones like HotBit. So without checking the daily trading volume, anyone would think that it's a successful one.
Then i even published the airdrop details in my local board thinking that someone maybe missing it. I will edit/delete it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
libert19 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2022, 06:30:24 AM

So how much did you spend?
... Its not that I hesitant to connect since I can disconnect it anyway.

When you connect wallet, it shows what platform you are connecting to can do with your wallet, for me it's usually "view address and ask for approval for transactions" so assume connecting is fine, it's when you approve the platform to do transactions on your wallet's behalf is when things have chance to get bad.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 08:25:27 AM

When you connect wallet, it shows what platform you are connecting to can do with your wallet, for me it's usually "view address and ask for approval for transactions" so assume connecting is fine, it's when you approve the platform to do transactions on your wallet's behalf is when things have chance to get bad.
You will noticed if their purpose is something odd. For viewing thats fine, but for approval of transactions? Thats a different story. Thats why everyonr is advise to disconnect to every dapp when they arr not gonna use it for security purposes.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
libert19 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2022, 08:32:57 AM

You will noticed if their purpose is something odd. For viewing thats fine, but for approval of transactions? Thats a different story. Thats why everyonr is advise to disconnect to every dapp when they arr not gonna use it for security purposes.

Even if purpose is odd they can't do anything to your wallet without your approval hence the 'asking for approval'.