Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide]: How to disable autofill passwords on browsers  (Read 359 times)
TravelMug (OP)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 832

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 08:12:14 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2023, 04:25:05 AM by TravelMug
Merited by dbshck (4), DdmrDdmr (3), ABCbits (2), The Cryptovator (2), CryptoYar (2), BITCOIN4X (1), blue Snow (1)

I created the thread, Racoon: Infostealer type of malware including crypto currency wallets and one of the posters gave a good suggestion.

And you can configure your browser not to save your login (email/password) and credit card information.

And then CryptoYar also created Don't auto Save your login details.

So it inspires me to created this thread to help newbies or at least give them knowledge on how to disable the automatic password save features on famous browsers:

Internet Explorer for Windows

1. Once you open a IE session, you can go to Tools

2. Then click on Internet Options then click Settings

3. Then you can untick User names and passwords on forms and Ask me before before saving passwords. You also need to click Delete Autocomplete history...

Firefox

1. Once you open a Firefox session, click on this image on the far right

2. Then click on Preference

3. Then click on Privacy & Security and then go to Logins and Passwords. Untick Ask logins and passwords for websites

Brave Browser

1. Once you  open a Brave Browser session, click on this image on the far right

2. Then click on Settings

3. Click on Additional Settings, you will see a drop down menu, click on Autofill

4. Go to Passwords and slide the Offer to save passwords to disable it.

Safari

1. Once you open a browser in Safari, go to Preferences

2. Go to Autofill and untick User names and passwords, you may also want to untick Credit Cards

Google Chrome

1. Once you are in a Google Chrome browser, click on this image on the far right

2. Then click on Settings

3. Go to Autofill, click on Passwords and slide the Offer to save passwords to disable this feature.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 08:49:00 AM

Nice guidelines, actually we are very lazy to do it due to shortcut reason. But it would be more dangerous especially for crypto users since we are related with money. Automatic saving means if someone hack your gmail they would hack your everything on Google chrome. I realize that when I replace my phone a week ago. All the password automatically filled when I logged in my gmail account.

However everyone should disable auto saving and write password on multiple hard papers. So even you forget sometimes it would be helpful.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoYar

Activity: 1064
Merit: 635

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 09:14:58 AM

Very good brother, you have given the right guide, hope this post is going to be very useful, Noobs are going to be pro Cool
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 12:58:26 PM

maybe newbie like me should be ticked delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed because hackers still can access cookies to get the our password.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 01:33:39 PM

In past I use master password in Firefox, and that gave me some security to use auto log-in on some sites, but nowadays, I no longer consider such options secure and no longer use them for any pages. It is better to type passwords for each site when you need to log-in, but do not live in the illusion that you are safe then, because if you have a keylogger on your computer your account will be compromised.

blue Snow, you can delete manually everything created while surfing web by accessing your browser settings and tab privacy and security. But you can also use free software like CCleaner and clean all junk (included browser/s post history, cache, cookies). This not only means more privacy, but more disk space and a faster computer.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1175

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 03:29:43 PM
Merited by dbshck (4), Husna QA (1)

The obvious reason why many people continue to try to protect themselves from the slightest attack that endangers the cryptocurrency user data is because this cryptocurrency is money. Cryptocurrency is an asset that has value and of course protecting it from everything that might cause this asset to disappear is something that must be enhanced by all cryptocurrency lovers.

Saving passwords automatically on Google is an option to make it easy for site users to log in again after a break, be it a matter of hours or days and so on. But I also realize that this action is still not entirely safe because it is possible that something can happen in the future without prevention that we start from now and disabling auto-save is a step that must be done.

There have been many attempts that have been made by most cryptocurrency users to secure valuable assets and automatic storage. I think not all of them are related to money and I agree that this step is an effort to improve user security.

The example is:
  • Bitcointalk.org is secured by using a strong password combination and does not store passwords automatically and then sign messages are another attempt to prove account ownership.
  • Bitcoin and altcoin can be secured in hardware wallets like trezor or ledger and and many more.
  • Authenticator 2FA is an effort to secure several sites such as exchanges for cryptocurrency asset trading activities.
  • etc
E-mails must be secured with the right steps and I know that all of us who are cryptocurrency lovers continue to be preoccupied with the words that are clearly displayed before our eyes, namely security. Increase security and be aware of anything suspicious and do all our activities without burden.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2126

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 06:16:20 PM

I think it's a really strange security model to assume that your PC is infected by malware, so you have to disable some features, etc. If you indeed have malware, there are thousands of ways how it can steal your data or do other harm - keyloggers, screengrabbers, ransomware, trojans and so on. The only good reason to disable password autofill is if you are afraid that someone will use your PC while you are away and will log in into your accounts. But then again, they could install malware that will still your credentials, so it's better to always lock your computer when you leave it.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jossiel

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 09:23:42 PM

This is a good start and practice for everyone who is too worried about their security. Turning off the autofill password is just the start of becoming curious and way to protect your browsing activity.

And when inputting important details and data such as credit cards / CVV, passwords and everything this is for safety precaution so that you're aware that the browser isn't saving any of those information.

<<- Rent this out ->>
josephsonand

Activity: 273
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 10:53:41 PM

Great guide! Thank you for the information. I just had a problem with this, but I resolved everything when I saw this post!
blue Snow
Legendary

Merit: 1022

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2020, 08:21:07 AM

blue Snow, you can delete manually everything created while surfing web by accessing your browser settings and tab privacy and security. But you can also use free software like CCleaner and clean all junk (included browser/s post history, cache, cookies). This not only means more privacy, but more disk space and a faster computer.
Yes did before. Due busy every day, i am forgoton to cleaning it up and right now do by tick delete cookies when browser closed

lienfaye

Activity: 2884
Merit: 629

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 08:36:07 AM

Before, I dont care about having my log in username and password saved in sites where I used to visit. But after I lost my email account (good thing its not my main account) due to hacking, I realized how essential to not let your infos be saved in sites even its convenient for some of us because you wont need to type your log in infos manually.

So thanks for this guide op.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Banadony

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 10:24:38 PM

Personally, i have lots of websites i do visit so i need to save most logins to avoid using same password for multiple website. as long i am using my system alone and never allow anyone else to make use of it, i think i am safe from intruders trying to steal or access my password. i can only allow such option of not saving my password if i am using public system.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 09:35:07 AM
Merited by Husna QA (1), maartenhaha (1), Ahli38 (1)

The browser does not have the feature of securing every user data email and password that has been save from login activity, the browser asks you to save it as plain text to make it easier when you access the site (browser password security has synchronization with the security window but if it imports into applications and devices other then the password is useless).

Carelessness is small but has a big impact and many of them are unaware when storing personal data in the browser:
- when leave your PC alive without an OS security key, someone can export (steal) data on your browser
- still the same condition, someone accesses an exchange site such as Binance or other exchanges and in the password form edit it Html to type = "text" then the password will be seen

At least the thief already knows the gate to enter even if you associate an exchange account with an email or authenticator. I think storing data on an external hard drive plus additional security ensures that your data is stored securely.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 12:56:24 PM

All passwords have to secure as best as possible, save them offline. Don't reuse passwords and don't use same passwords over different platforms.
Read this guide from GreatArkansas to set up good passwords: [GUIDE] How to Create a Strong/Secure Password.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
maartenhaha

Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 05:11:41 AM

<snip>
Mostly I still save account passwords in the browser because I use random passwords and save more time when accessing the login page than typing manually. But I don't know about the serious risks of theft and hacking if my device doesn't have strict security features. After I study your post, I want to delete all account details stored in the browser.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2126

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 12:42:14 PM

<snip>
Mostly I still save account passwords in the browser because I use random passwords and save more time when accessing the login page than typing manually. But I don't know about the serious risks of theft and hacking if my device doesn't have strict security features. After I study your post, I want to delete all account details stored in the browser.

Let's say you delete all your browser-saved logins and start using Keepass immediately - do you think you will become immune to hacking? The answer is no, read this article from the official site. The most important line is:

Neither KeePass nor any other password manager can magically run securely in a spyware-infected, insecure environment.

Just like malware can steal your passwords from browser, it can also steal them from your password manager. The latter is harder, but still doable. Your number one goal should be to never get infected, if you fail at that then all other measures become useless.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1344

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 12:32:46 AM

I want to share autofill password experience on my browser;
I have some accounts online which it's like not important for me, so It's okay for me to save those passwords to be able for me to log in easily especially their website got some feature you will automatically log out after specific time.
Yep, my experience was kinda risky, since it's high suggestible not to trust some browsers for our passwords. So if you really want to save your password in the browser, just add additional security features in your account if there is any like 2FA, or email confirmation for every new IP address login, etc.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██