Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CMC and coingecko  (Read 1137 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:48:17 PM

I do love coinmarketcap and coingecko as I see both as instrument for analysis and updates so both keeps good record and are very useful in the market. So I can't say any is better but I love both.

They have both been very useful to crypto users for so long already.
Though someone should not rely the accuracy of the data, still they are good reference points and it comes in handy.
They are those sites that I always check into if I need immediate data for a specific coin or project.
It is like your starting point and then if you want to study more of the project, you can check the links that come with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 12:20:04 AM

but I prefer CMC, I mostly check the crypto market at CMC. I have never seen Coingecko, but I am already comfortable in a coinmarket stamp, after all, there is a conversion of crypto to local currency which makes me even more comfortable.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 01:22:14 AM

CMC and coingecko both very useful for us, i used to use both however i am confused why many coins and tokens not listing in CMC but listing in coingecko, not only coins and tokens but also many exchanges, is this because coingecko become more popular than CMC, or for something else.

because registration at coingecko is easier to differ from cmc they have to pay and submit valid data to be registered in cmc and i think cmc is better than coingecko
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 02:15:22 AM

I do love coinmarketcap and coingecko as I see both as instrument for analysis and updates so both keeps good record and are very useful in the market. So I can't say any is better but I love both.

They have both been very useful to crypto users for so long already.
Though someone should not rely the accuracy of the data, still they are good reference points and it comes in handy.
They are those sites that I always check into if I need immediate data for a specific coin or project.
It is like your starting point and then if you want to study more of the project, you can check the links that come with it.
Yes, those were like starters to the cryptocurrency network. Most of the cryptocurrency users prefer this to be the reference point to analyse and invest. Personally whenever I brief someone about cryptocurrency I used to show them the websites coinmarketcap and coingecko, on seeing such a big list of cryptocurrencies people will gain trust on it and gets much more interest to know more.
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 08:56:56 PM

It saddens my heart badly if the tokens I have is not listed on CMC. CMC helps me to monitor their price, circulating supply and to know their rank. When tokens is not listed on CMC, I find it hard to trade on them easily. I do assume they are just a flop if they're not listed on CMC yet

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 09:09:18 PM

CMC and coingecko both very useful for us, i used to use both however i am confused why many coins and tokens not listing in CMC but listing in coingecko, not only coins and tokens but also many exchanges, is this because coingecko become more popular than CMC, or for something else.

Both are good ones. But I think coinmarketcap is more popular and have huge restrictions on listing coins. May be coingecko is easier to list. Also check worldcoinindex. Thats also useful.
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 01:17:43 AM

CMC is a bigger network of cryptocommunities than coingecko. I dont use coingecko for monitoring coins or tokens only CMC but I already see their UI design and features. Almost same, the only advantage of coingecko is you can actually see a lot than CMC cause of their easy application.

wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 01:21:57 AM

CMC is a bigger network of cryptocommunities than coingecko. I dont use coingecko for monitoring coins or tokens only CMC but I already see their UI design and features. Almost same, the only advantage of coingecko is you can actually see a lot than CMC cause of their easy application.

Coingecko is newer and fresher than CMC, it serves us more modern UI and their google SEO is also nice when we search coin price on google sometimes coingecko is surpassing CMC in the list. So i think coingecko is the biggest rival for CMC and also it serves many features.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 07:21:41 AM

Both Coinmarketcap and Coingecko are good resource tools that i believe every crypto enthusiasts rely on to check the stats of any cryptocurrency. The difference that i have noted among the two is that Coinmarketcap only lists cryptocurrencies that are being traded on at least two exchanges but coingecko list any coin which has been launched into this space. I don't really know what metrics that coingecko really uses, anybody cares to share with me?
SheriffEl

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 08:24:33 AM

Well firstly it costs more to list on CMC and Coingecko has more legit info. as they show real volume. That is why i always look at both sites to get correct info.
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 08:25:35 AM

Both Coinmarketcap and Coingecko are good resource tools that i believe every crypto enthusiasts rely on to check the stats of any cryptocurrency. The difference that i have noted among the two is that Coinmarketcap only lists cryptocurrencies that are being traded on at least two exchanges but coingecko list any coin which has been launched into this space. I don't really know what metrics that coingecko really uses, anybody cares to share with me?
In short, coingecko is more comprehensive while CMC stick to their old format and they will delist the coins if it's also delisted in exchanges that resulted to not passing the requirements of at least traded in two exchanges.

CMC is the first in the space, so it has gain a lot of users compared to coingecko but coingecko is such a great alternative which from time to time we can check if we can't find a particular information in CMC.

awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:35:36 AM

To my knowledge, if a token and coin are attached to a coin market, the owner of the coin must pay the coin market to be registered and must have at least two exchanges for the coin.
If that is clear friends, because what you say is a minimum requirement that must be met by the project or token in order to be registered
in CMC and Coingecko.

It is true, that is the minimum requirement for the requirements that must be met by the project. however, if a project has good prospects they will definitely glance at some large exchanges. so that the objectives of the project itself will be achieved.
EdwardBrooke

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:52:18 AM

Your observation is right and Its more so because of the requirements to be listed on CMC other than the cost which is comparative high on CMC compared to Coingecko.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:12:23 PM

Coinmarket cap only list coins that comply on their requirements that's why CMC listing coins is hard for coins that did start early all thier development.  While coingecko listing are so very easy and even coins or tokens that already listed in exchanges you can still search this in Coingecko.
Ngemmeng

Activity: 1106
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:39:03 PM

I prefer CMC over Coingecko because in CMC it is easier to get information from the coins we are looking for. in my opinion CMC is still more popular than coingecko even though the number of coins registered at coingecko is more numerous.
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 04:52:12 PM

When 2017 I often check new tokens/coins or exchangers at CoinMarketcap and still don't know anything else. But after my friend's suggestion to try to check dicoingecko until the platform made a benchmark for me.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 08:24:49 PM

Well, both are good in their own ways but CMC looks more advanced than its counterpart. The reason is this, CMC has more tools and services which makes users feel free to use it. Also, to list on CMC be it coins or tokens or exchanges there are certain pre-requistes to meet and once achieved they will be listed. But same isn't like in coingecko as listing is quite easy and which is why most upcoming projects always list there first before moving to CMC. Thus you can see that even when listed on coingecko, projects will still strive to list on CMC because it offers more exposure and it is still well renowned..

ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 08:28:02 PM

I am used to use Coinmarketcap and not all of its alternatives. But still I am waiting for the day when Coinmarketcap become trustworthy and provide us only with real statistics, especially about the real trading volume.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: