Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinex - stuck transfers  (Read 907 times)
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:38 AM

The answer to the questions is no doubt "no", but I'll ask anyway, just for clarification.

If you sent coins to Coinex and they are still in transit (not yet redeemed), is it possible to get them back? I don't know the private key to my account, just my account number (so I can't just import the number to a private wallet)

Or if not that, is it possible to scupper the transfer so Coinex does not get its greedy hands on them when it gets its scamming piece of shit together?

It's frustrating seeing your property stuck, for an eternity, "not yet redeemed"

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Jeronimus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:30:46 AM

there is hope still i think,

because i doubt that if he really is the one posted on this page

http://ilikekillnerds.com/2014/03/looks-like-coinex-pw-might-have-been-hacked/

...he is really going to want to run with the bags

there is also his youtube account  

http://www.youtube.com/user/erundook  and the google+ account linked to it, which contains just too much personal info

https://plus.google.com/109060493584158563226/videos

if you check the videos, you will see a video with "erundook" included in the name

If you then further check some of the videos on this account, you will end up with one of the videos containing a scene where he films himself in an elevator with a mirror. This is exactly the snapshot you see in the first page i linked, of a guy taking some video shot of himself in front of a mirror.

Checking the photo section afterwards, there are just so many photos of him and those close to him, there is no doubt that IF this is erundook which he is highly likely, it won't be that easy for him to just vanish with the loot.

I think he will have to rethink his situation...
ihopeigetrichpls

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

MtGox part 2

Don't leave your coins on these sites too long as they could at anytime disappear and claim they were hacked and there are no real laws or anything you can do about it...

If any criminal or immoral minded people are out there, this would probably be the way to steal without any repercussions...for now
rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:46:53 PM

since then he did appear on the site, so fair play for that (giving the benefit of the doubt).

Let's see how this plays out. I want to believe that Coinex is a victim, just to keep faith in some players out there.

rikkejohn (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:11:49 PM

Coinex, I still have a deposit in the chain waiting to be redeemed.

How do you propose I get it?

It has been there since before you closed shop.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: