Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:41:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian crypto exchanges see 10x volume during lock down  (Read 136 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 12:57:42 PM

The article says,

India’s cryptocurrency sector is booming during the extended nationwide lockdown. Several Indian cryptocurrency exchange executives have shared with news.Bitcoin.com their record-breaking stats, bullish trends, and positive sentiment despite the coronavirus-driven lockdown.

News ref: https://news.bitcoin.com/indian-crypto-boom/

At least some positive thing to hear during this lock down and utterly frustrating situations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 11:05:19 PM

At least some positive thing to hear during this lock down and utterly frustrating situations.
The halving is approaching and the exchanges have opened after the supreme court order and with literally nothing else to do people will start exploring new opportunities and i am sure it has a correlation with the price of BTCitcoin having a sudden increase in valuation over 20% in the past weeks, so it is a combination of things and once the rally starts i am expecting the volume to continue moving up.

avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 04:40:55 PM
Merited by eaLiTy (1)

The halving is approaching and the exchanges have opened after the supreme court order and with literally nothing else to do people will start exploring new opportunities and i am sure it has a correlation with the price of BTCitcoin having a sudden increase in valuation over 20% in the past weeks, so it is a combination of things and once the rally starts i am expecting the volume to continue moving up.

Unfortunately the rally didn't continue and bitcoin is now down by 22% from the peak it had reached after a long time. But it is really great to see that Indians a re taking bitcoins seriously and pouring their money into it. That's really a positive sign after all the fights we had with the banking system. The halving indeed helped to generate mass interest among the mass. Just see the below search term in Google Trends,

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%201-m&geo=IN&q=bitcoin%20halving

Hope it continues the same way!

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 05:10:50 PM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

~snip
Unfortunately the rally didn't continue and bitcoin is now down by 22% from the peak it had reached after a long time. But it is really great to see that Indians a re taking bitcoins seriously and pouring their money into it.
It is good to see that the market was able to breach the $10k multiple times during this push but was not able to sustain much longer and i was eagerly waiting whether the resistance could be broken and made a stop loss order at $10k as i expected the market to have a small correction if the resistance is not broken but did not expect 22%.

That's really a positive sign after all the fights we had with the banking system. The halving indeed helped to generate mass interest among the mass. Just see the below search term in Google Trends,
People love to cash in the opportunity and it is not surprising that the searches peaked by April end, they get in before the rally and get out after that and that is the usual trend i see from past experiences.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: