Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $200 in BTC prize. What is bitcoin? How does it work? Writing contest  (Read 3197 times)
The Bitcoin Society (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Yes its still open, sorry for the delay guys, i had a personal family emergency which took me away from work for a week or so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:25:32 AM

I'm here to claim the $200 BTC prize for your writing contest. However, in order to maintain a high degree of transparency, while at the same time noting your concerns with duplicate content...

First, I took the liberties of running it through Copyscape. It passed flawlessly. I then went ahead and took a screenshot of the entire article at 1:1 resolution; conveniently avoiding the duplicate content issue altogether.  Here's the link to the article image:

http://UberNifty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BTC_Demystified.png

Insofar as the publisher agreement you need signed... what kind of process / contract are you talking about? If if it's quick, easy and simple: Count me in! If it's too complicated, I'm perfectly happy with retaining my own copyright.

I am officially retracting my entry.

Glad you're back! I'd like to re-enter my entry since I now know the OP is still kickin' Wink And yes, it's still completely virgin (unindexed).

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:58:26 AM

Yes its still open, sorry for the delay guys, i had a personal family emergency which took me away from work for a week or so.

I should ask when do you expect to close this contest

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:00:46 AM

I should ask when do you expect to close this contest

As soon as we have a few entries to chose from to compare content.

oh, and were not virgins anymore we finally got indexed. ( damn google sandbox )
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:05:51 AM

he.. hello? is thi.. is this thing on?

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

he.. hello? is thi.. is this thing on?

Yes
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:04:25 AM

i want to try
if i win the contest , i will invest more and trade more
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:20:27 PM

You should put the prize money in escrow, not that I don't trust you...

Would be pretty silly for people to put time and effort into this and not receiving a prize.

The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:29:32 PM

Would be pretty silly for people to put time and effort into this and not receiving a prize.

You can check our trust comments, we have always paid. ALWAYS for any work that is done, articles that are published, or anything else which payment is due. We will not be placing funds in escrow for a contest in which we have received 1 viable entry for thus far.

Its part of the publication agreement. We cannot publish it until you have signed it, you dont sign it until your article is chosen as the winner and payment is made. Its the way the legal system works with publishing.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:01:56 PM

This contest will end when a suitable article meeting the criteria has been submitted and we will announce the winner in this thread.

You can check our trust comments, we have always paid. ALWAYS for any work that is done, articles that are published, or anything else which payment is due. We will not be placing funds in escrow for a contest in which we have received 1 viable entry for thus far.

Its part of the publication agreement. We cannot publish it until you have signed it, you dont sign it until your article is chosen as the winner and payment is made. Its the way the legal system works with publishing.

So what if you get no more entries, would the one guy who submitted an article win?

The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:12:39 AM

This contest will end when a suitable article meeting the criteria has been submitted and we will announce the winner in this thread.

So what if you get no more entries, would the one guy who submitted an article win?

almost 2 pages of "what if" & "you should" now and 1 viable entry in weeks, i think we are going to officially cancel the contest and hire a writer directly to write the piece. Thank you to the one person who made a submission, unfortunately without others to judge against it is impossible to have a "contest" as the only reason we were offering such a high prize was to have access to choose from several submissions for the best one Vs. just paying a professional writer $100 to write 1 piece and publish it. 
7thKingdom

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

Don't believe what this person says, it is not true at all.  They scammed me out of $20 (a meager amount, yes, but it is the principal of the matter) for an article I wrote.

I was asked to sign the publishing agreement and provide a payment address so they could pay me the next day, which I did, and then I got the run around for a month until they finally said they were not going to pay me.

Regardless of whether or not they use the piece I wrote, I was promised payment and did not receive it.  "The Bitcoin Society" has shown that their word is good for absolutely nothing.  Just another scam artist who will make up excuses and drag their feet and ultimately not deliver what they promised.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:42:33 PM

almost 2 pages of "what if" & "you should" now and 1 viable entry in weeks, i think we are going to officially cancel the contest and hire a writer directly to write the piece. Thank you to the one person who made a submission, unfortunately without others to judge against it is impossible to have a "contest" as the only reason we were offering such a high prize was to have access to choose from several submissions for the best one Vs. just paying a professional writer $100 to write 1 piece and publish it. 
Ridiculous, that one person put effort into writing an article and now you're cancelling the contest?
This is unethical at the least and I'd consider it a scam.

The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:09:57 AM

Ridiculous, that one person put effort into writing an article and now you're cancelling the contest?
This is unethical at the least and I'd consider it a scam.

As we had to remind the idiot who posted above you, a scam is when someone takes something from someone or cons someone into giving up something with promise of payment which is not received. We offered to hold a contest for which people could submit articles for consideration of publishing if they won against other submissions. In this case there were no other submissions so there was no contest.

And for the idiot who posted above you, maybe you should spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less time thinking you are going to get paid for garbage in which no publication would publish.

Its funny when you type the word scam into google and this website fills the second page, 80% of the children on here use that word for ANYTHING that makes them unhappy. So let us help you have better understanding of what your favorite 4 letter word actually is.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam

Now please feel free to carry on with your banter as we ourselves focus on more important things, like the future and awareness of bitcoin
enpott

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:09:37 AM

pls escrow the full amount first.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

Sorry this didn't work out. PM me if you'd just like it written (see footer for details). $100 is a decent fee for 800-1000 words.
By the way, I wouldn't start by trying to explain what Bitcoin is, because it's not like anything we've seen before. It's easier to explain some of its properties. Who cares that it's strings of code on a decentralised network when the bottom line is that you can send money anywhere in the world, quickly, for next to no fees, outside of the authority and interference of any government, bank or other corporation?
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:16:24 AM

As we had to remind the idiot who posted above you, a scam is when someone takes something from someone or cons someone into giving up something with promise of payment which is not received. We offered to hold a contest for which people could submit articles for consideration of publishing if they won against other submissions. In this case there were no other submissions so there was no contest.

And for the idiot who posted above you, maybe you should spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less time thinking you are going to get paid for garbage in which no publication would publish.

Its funny when you type the word scam into google and this website fills the second page, 80% of the children on here use that word for ANYTHING that makes them unhappy. So let us help you have better understanding of what your favorite 4 letter word actually is.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam

Now please feel free to carry on with your banter as we ourselves focus on more important things, like the future and awareness of bitcoin
You won't get very far by calling people idiots, my concerns were spot on.
You can't just let people spend time into writing an entry for your contest and then cancel the contest.

McKie

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:16:53 AM

I am a very talented writer, I can write you something for the ages. PM me, we can negotiate if this is legitimate. I will ask more than the $ offered however, I can guarantee you gold.

email: mckie@outlook.com

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:10:34 AM

I am a very talented writer, I can write you something for the ages. PM me, we can negotiate if this is legitimate. I will ask more than the $ offered however, I can guarantee you gold.

email: mckie@outlook.com

Your three sentences were littered with mistakes.
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

Thank you to the one person who made a submission, unfortunately without others to judge against it is impossible to have a "contest" as the only reason we were offering such a high prize was to have access to choose from several submissions for the best one Vs. just paying a professional writer $100 to write 1 piece and publish it.  

You're most welcome. For 0.2 BTC it's all yours:

http://UberNifty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BTC_Demystified.png

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: