Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEX•FURY 11+Gh/s USB Stick Miner [ IN STOCK UK, EU ] Shipping Worldwide  (Read 36117 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:47:51 AM

You ask £160.00=263 USD for a 11Ghas usb making just 20 USD a month  Cheesy
I think you're being overly optimistic with that $20/month, but let's check...
deviceanalysisfinancial positive ROI, ever?
HEX•FURYhttps://tradeblock.com/mining/a/1849086c8cnope, duh.  Why would you even think that's a factor when buying a Stick Miner?
Other devicehttps://tradeblock.com/mining/a/ec26b8d936no? Sad
I didn't bother with shipping costs and accessories required, e.g. powered USB hub or PC power supply
So, between two devices that are unlikely (though it's Bitcoin, stranger things have happened) to give a financial positive ROI, which would I rather have?  Heck, I'll take a HEX•FURY Smiley

a price of all parts are 50 USD
Then clearly there's mad profit to be made - you should get on that right now Smiley
( no, seriously, I'd love to see more of these.  There's a gap in my list that would be filled nicely with a QUAD•FURY )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cscape

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:57:07 AM

( no, seriously, I'd love to see more of these.  There's a gap in my list that would be filled nicely with a QUAD•FURY )

4 chips isn't enough to do a string design, so it would require a 10 Amp DC/DC converter, adding cost and board space. For the same space and price, you could make a 6 chip string design like we did.

Then clearly there's mad profit to be made - you should get on that right now
Indeed. Obviously, the problem is not the cost of the components, it's the availability.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:12:20 AM

4 chips isn't enough to do a string design, so it would require a 10 Amp DC/DC converter, adding cost and board space.
Bummer.  Tri•Fury it is, then Wink ( yes, I'm joking )

nitrox

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

tester

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:48:21 AM

You ask £160.00=263 USD for a 11Ghas usb making just 20 USD a month  Cheesy a price of all parts are 50 USD
Shocked

LordTheron (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

You ask £160.00=263 USD for a 11Ghas usb making just 20 USD a month  Cheesy a price of all parts are 50 USD

You would be lucky to buy just a chips for $50 at the time of production  Wink
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:00:14 PM

Lol, i got 32 of them one cost 5€

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
bitgtr

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:29:49 AM

Lol, i got 32 of them one cost 5€

Great, go ahead and build your own and put this guy out of business! I mean you'll have to design the board, or pay licensing fees. Then buy PCB. And components. And heatsinks. And a pick and place machine. And a reflow oven. And write the firmware. And get support into bfgminer and cgminer. Don't forget to test! And of course if you want to sell them you'll have to set up a company, build a website, and pay all relevant taxes, not to mention getting the requisite certifications (we won't mention shipping and warehousing either). I imagine you'll also have to pay rent and eat and stuff while all this is going on, so I suppose you'll need a full time job until you can bring the units to market, which is going to necessitate 90+ hour weeks for 3-4 months at least, and of course there's always the risk that your miners just won't sell for whatever reason. But as you've already implied, that kind of risk and effort don't need to be compensated - the satisfaction of bringing mining equipment to the masses is reward enough, right?
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:02:48 AM

Hi All,

20A USB hub is added to webstore, also tomorrow (or rather today Grin, bloody 4am here) I'll add some USB power injectors cables. Please let me know if you have any problems with the website, still fixing minor issues.

Regards,
Lordtheron
rob1313

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:12:00 AM

Hi All,

20A USB hub is added to webstore, also tomorrow (or rather today Grin, bloody 4am here) I'll add some USB power injectors cables. Please let me know if you have any problems with the website, still fixing minor issues.

Regards,
Lordtheron
you might want to add link to web store on main page because i don't see one there. And in your signature

tip if i help you. doge: D7zzbMR9mxmtDQWWNfrRGY5fFNUnrwexSQ or BTC: 1Fot8CrsuxcZUw6qYX3sVpNo5MDtaf7ZS2
leave rep here for any transaction. 
BTC mining contracts for only 0.0058 BTC / GHs
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:29:24 AM

Its there, under How to order section. I will update and my signature later and make the link bit more visible.  Smiley

If anyone missed it, here is the link: www.asicrunner.com

vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:30:14 AM

Hi All,

Regards,
Lordtheron
you might want to add link to web store on main page because i don't see one there. And in your signature

well, the link is sort of there .. but you're right - you really have to be looking for it Smiley

- Website is up now. You can order at https://www.asicrunner.com. Please report any problems.
  I'm still adding more gear to the store so please check the site for updates.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:49:50 AM

But can I plug that into a USB port-and-only a USB port and be off and running?
You plug it in a USB port and power 70W from a PC PSU molex connector.
That's an awful lot of words for 'no' Wink
Yeah but neither does this by looking at intron's photo. Tongue
I think he's overclocking it.  The base configuration:
Power requirement: 2-2.5A to get full speed,
:shouldn't need it.  Again, it's still well outside USB2 and even USB3 spec, but not outside the norm for powered USB hubs (and I'm just talking about generic ones made to be able to charge tablets and the like that already like soaking up 2A or just refuse to charge, not the made-for-miners USB hubs).

so you are talking about 1 device per hard-to-find/expensive USB hub and charger? That is insane - why on earth would you not opt for a 60GH single board that acts the same wa and could be powered from a PCIe cable or a molex thats alreay inside your PC?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Cryptohemster

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:19:31 AM

A very modest contribution  Wink

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/11527/the-newest-fastest-usb-bitcoin-miner-of-the-world-hello-hex%E2%80%A2fury/

Good luck guys!
 Kiss
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:18:43 AM

:shouldn't need it.  Again, it's still well outside USB2 and even USB3 spec, but not outside the norm for powered USB hubs (and I'm just talking about generic ones made to be able to charge tablets and the like that already like soaking up 2A or just refuse to charge, not the made-for-miners USB hubs).

so you are talking about 1 device per hard-to-find/expensive USB hub and charger? That is insane - why on earth would you not opt for a 60GH single board that acts the same wa and could be powered from a PCIe cable or a molex thats alreay inside your PC?
At which point did commodity powered USB hubs that are already geared for up to 3A due to powerr-hungry tablets become 'hard-to-find/expensive'?  As soon as you get into the expensive region (still not hard to find, these 10A+ beasts can be readily found for sale around here, amazon, ebay, etc.), you're probably talking about using more than 1.  Your statement, it makes no sense.

And yes, Stick Miners make no sense.  we know  And yes, I'd absolutely opt for this instead of the big boards Smiley  (Unless it's one that gives a positive financial ROI, but then my purchasing reasons change drastically to begin with)

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:17:51 PM

For a single device you need any hub that will deliver 2-2.5A. Not that hard to find and not very expensive. Also you can use 20A hub that will run 19 yellowjacket or nano fury or 8 hex without any problem or fire hazard. If you just want to run  1 device  I suggest something like this: http://imgur.com/LGTJrty. I am testing them at the moment and will have them added to the store at some point today if all is good. I'm also looking into 5A power supplies to go with usb injector so it can fully power 2  HEX•FURY and be used on any hub.

Cheers,
LordTheron

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:39:35 PM

That's very nice!!! Thank you Smiley
dp007

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:24:31 PM

At this price ($265 per unit 11 GH/s) the following bitcoin profit calculator showing that, the hardware cost will break even after 2 years+?
Ref.
http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

Can someone please confirm this?
Not sure what I am missing here.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:49:44 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 09:06:30 PM by TheRealSteve

At this price ($265 per unit 11 GH/s) the following bitcoin profit calculator showing that, the hardware cost will break even after 2 years+?
Ref.

May have made a mistake?  Since we can't see the exact values you plugged in, it's hard to say.

Edit: Well duh, it wants 1.0 if not messing with the profitability decline.  Silly thing.

Suffice to say, it probably wouldn't, but hey, maybe.

Edited-out part:

Difficulty: 5,006,860,589
BTC/block: 25.00
Conversion rate: 578.22
Hash rate: 11 (Gh/s)
Electricity rate: 0.15
Power consumption (Watt): 12.9 (11 * 0.86)
Time frame (months): 24
Cost of mining hardware (USD): 265
Profitability decline per year: 0*
As a result, I got: Hardware break even: >10000 days
* Since I can't see into the future to check what difficulty, exchange rate, and this recent tax decision are going to do, I've assumed that that it would generate a steady income.  It's rather more likely that it would decline, which means that break even would take even longer.
Edit: I'm incline to think the bitcoinx.com calculator is whack.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:48:47 AM

Crazy for USBs.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:56:06 PM

Ref.

That's the problem with pounds... they are worth too much... you lose your wallet with the conversion into USD...

The price is too high in terms of investment, you are gonna get much more hashing power buy investing that amount of money in bitcoins and then buy gh/s in a cloud mining service... but you dont get to have the cool device...

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄