Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steem Hive Pump This Week - Up 200% as Steemit fights Justin Sun  (Read 98 times)
avilsd (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 05:47:11 PM

Steem's current price is $.207, down from around 40 cents yesterday. Earlier in the week is around $.12 and then Hive.io announced its community hardfork, to try and bring back control to the Steemit platform away from management. Justin Sun bought Steemit earlier, which some argued was against the whole idea of crypto and decentralization.

The steem whales reacted with Hive, and then a pump occurred. I looked into this, and while there was a lot of excitement, Steem was the highest performing crypto out of all during a volatile period where most of the top 25 coins were blood red. I noticed that nearly 35% of exchange volume was coming from a korean exchange, beating out some of the popular ones we know. The main price rise happened within an hour or two.

This made me wonder, are there any well-documented groups from South Korea or companies that have pumped coins over the past few years? Was it just a large whale? There's been news stories in the past where big fish were shuffling through tens of millions of dollars worth of XRP in few txns, or how deep web auctions by the South Korean police (10K btc) affected prices for a bit, there were also examples of small coins being pumped well past 12,000% but.. are there any stories for the top 10 or top 20 coins being influenced by any group/company/government body originating from South Korea in particular?

Some price action for major coins has been mainly in hours where it'd only point to either Japan or SK or Singapore really.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: