Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as Means of Donation  (Read 566 times)
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 03:30:36 PM

There are a lot of organisations globally that accepts bitcoin as means of donation. Such as:

Electronic Freedom Foundation
Freedom of the Press Foundation
Green Peace
National Red Cross

I guess this non-profit organisations are just taking advantage of crypto, to reach wider audience and of course get the needed funding. Donations are (pseudo)-anonymous and you can give any amount in crypto that can make a big difference.

I think so...because they know that many people are using cryptocurrency and they take advantage on it. Well, there's nothing wrong with is as long as it use for good because bitcoin is money. Also through those foundation ,bitcoin and cryptocurrency well become more and more popular to others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 03:40:34 PM

Are you tired of explaining how we could use bitcoin as means of donation? Well, just a good news just come. The Human Rights has just announced that Bitcoin is now accepted in their platform as a good way to accept donation thru BTC pay server. They have said that bitcoin could be a tool for freedom, and donations will be used for their research and activities regarding human rights. See Link in here

For individuals in closed societies, or for anyone facing hyperinflation, capital controls, sanctions, or financial surveillance, Bitcoin can be a tool of freedom. Your donation of BTC will help HRF research and advocate for people's rights and liberties across the world.

With that all said, if we have a project, a charity as an example, it might be easier for us to seek for donations thru the means of bitcoin. That if people question why bitcoin? then a good answer is probably the latest news concerning human rights promotion of using bitcoin as donation.

Well, we have figured tons of usage on how we could utilize bitcoin. Donation through bitcoin is just one of it that we should take into consideration but just make sure that we are responsible enough and we'll take care of the funds without any bad intentions. Bitcoin has opened allot of opportunities that we could take, and we should know how to use it well. Remember, the development of bitcoin will be based on the people who are using it. We shouldn't make the reputation of bitcoin bad just because of our personal interest.

Not only it would help them receive payment from this option, but to create awareness about Bitcoin. I like the fact that these nonprofit organizations and charity programs are now starting to accept Bitcoin for donations.

If I were to have my own charity foundation later on, I would not hesitate to include Bitcoin as one of the payment methods aside from centralized payment processors like Paypal. Since I'm into cryptocurrency and blockchain advocacy, I would like to see more of these nonprofit and charity organizations use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

For me, it's all about massive adoption. Even if Bitcoin is just a decade older than the other cryptocurrencies, it's still young in the financial market. Not exceeding 1% of the world's population are adopting Bitcoin.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:59:15 PM

Donations succesfuly work and help to save lives, or develop some projects or technologies. Why not to use Bitcoin for this? In some way it may give you some benefits. You may send coins directly in BTC without conversion and without losses on enormous fees. And it is great that such organizations accept BTC like the means. It seems to me that it is a positive signal for the BTC's adoption by the society.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 05:05:56 PM

Donations succesfuly work and help to save lives, or develop some projects or technologies. Why not to use Bitcoin for this? In some way it may give you some benefits. You may send coins directly in BTC without conversion and without losses on enormous fees. And it is great that such organizations accept BTC like the means. It seems to me that it is a positive signal for the BTC's adoption by the society.
I'm not against donation or charity since it's main purpose is to help those people in need however using bitcoin as means of donation is already like a gift for me. Why use bitcoin when you can easily convert it into fiat or some relative digital currency like USDT? bitcoin as a donation is like giving gold already, and I doubt if the person you have given bitcoin would not spend that if he knows how much potential it has in the market in the few more years from now.

Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 06:02:30 PM

Well thats a very good news i didn't know till now that bitcoin can be used for donations its really really good with this the bitcoin will become more popular and maybe everything will try to get their minds towards bitcoin hope this will lead to more users towards bitcoins.
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 02:25:21 PM

Hello everybody. Of course, bitcoin, and especially any cryptocurrency that is easy to implement on the cryptocurrency exchange and has a very low transaction price, is one of the ideal means for accepting donations, especially for multinational charitable foundations. Here, of course, we can say that the transaction value of Bitcoin may be a barrier to the receipt of humanitarian aid to the recipient's account not all 100 percent. Let me note that many countries do not have bank agreements and the transfer of fiat money, in this case, will be more expensive than the cost of a bitcoin transaction. Everything is relative. But the fact that many charitable foundations accept cryptocurrency as a donation, once again proves that the crypto community is increasingly filling the financial space. Including, therefore, more and more people will learn about cryptocurrency and the population's confidence in bitcoin is growing.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 04:23:58 PM

I wasn't aware there was a need for people to make crypto donations and in BTC also. And by donations I do not mean donations to other members but instead a charted organisation like charities  Huh In any case, these should in theory be possible through a smart contract though I'm not sure about the legislation side of things...

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 09:40:10 PM

Bitcoin for charity is also perfect. Right now in these times of crisis. Because the collection can be more effective and can respond to the needs when the time factor is important.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cointelegraph.com/news/charities-are-turning-to-bitcoin-amid-the-global-fight-against-coronavirus/amp

conhela

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:19:11 AM

If we like it easy then bitcoin donation should be implemented, actually this is more transparent compared to fiat being donated as there is a bank secrecy law if it goes through the bank account and we can't track the cash movement, with bitcoin, we have the blockchain which is the public ledger which is easier to track when the amount is liquidated, more transparency would result to more people donating.

Yeah, I was surprised when I first learned of the openness of bitcoin that not many donation sites accepted it, things have changed a lot in just these last couple of years, let's see how decentralized financing can help keep outside people from these organzations in the loop of what's being done with the money, so that's nice.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 07:07:58 AM

This is not actually new for the creation of bitcoins are for decentralized transactions. Acceptance makes the difference. For donations, it will be as easy as online payment considering the applications and platforms that promotes and accepts cryptocurrencies.
syedakhlaque

Activity: 396
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 10:46:51 AM

The use of bitcoin for donation is a good step. It will add a good reputation of bitcoin that Different NGOs,s, and welfare societies are accepting bitcoin. It means is that the use of bitcoin for the welfare of humanity, the poor and hungry people of the third world is going to start. It will not only improve its acceptance but also make it more popular in the world.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: