Differing forum page formats?

Pages: (1/1)

jackg:

For reading threads I've noticed there's a standard format and a different readable format (sort of an outline format) on Firefox, are there other ways the forum can be accessed?

I've seen an rss thing somewhere in the past (not sure what it was an rss of but I think it was here) is there an overview of the different formatting types smf and this forum supports?

LeGaulois:

What you saw was a page using the WAP protocol. SMF uses i-mode, WAP, WAP 2.

It's for mobile devices but you can access it with any device and browsers, you just need to add ";wap" at the end of the URL.
example https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5232091;wap
(you can't log in or log out and can't post a new message)

Sometimes such pages rank better in SERP that's surely how you found it.
SMF has RSS feature as well but Theymos disabled it if I'm correct

suchmoon:

Quote from: jackg on March 11, 2020, 05:32:33 PM
--
For reading threads I've noticed there's a standard format and a different readable format (sort of an outline format) on Firefox, are there other ways the forum can be accessed?

I've seen an rss thing somewhere in the past (not sure what it was an rss of but I think it was here) is there an overview of the different formatting types smf and this forum supports?

--

Is it the Firefox reader view (F9)? AFAIK it has nothing to do with the forum, it's browser itself using a different layout, larger fonts, removing background colors, etc to make it more "readable". Works (to some extent) on any website some websites that Firefox deems worthy of this magic button.

Edit - clicked delete instead of edit LOL

NeuroticFish:

There's the wap formatting.
Then there's the "see as DT" if you end with ";dt"

Then.. well, it's not really formatting, still it's somewhat related: the user scripts.
There's an user script that works in Firefox and allows different formatting/layout for the pages - it could be very helpful for browsing from mobile phone, although imho it still needed improvements last time I've used it.
However, check for yourself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4500633.0

Pages: (1/1)