Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on ASMR?  (Read 115 times)
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 06:38:50 PM

ASMR or Autonomous sensory meridian response is an euphoric feeling you get when you listen to certain sounds. It gives you "tingles"
and makes you relax. Some people get tingles, some people don't.

It's a new phenomenon and it's still taboo. People who watch ASMR are seen as weird and I will give you examples why.
ASMR videos are usually watched before going to sleep.

NOTICE: To experience ASMR you must use earphones / headphones

Examples One

ASMR videos without voice, usually following one pattern repeated all over the video. This ice cream ASMR for example
https://youtu.be/oXBNCX_TNuc?t=164

Examples Two

ASMR videos without voice, using multiple objects and may include tapping, scratching, etc.
https://youtu.be/_TeoeXWxvZI?t=393

Example Three

ASMR videos with voice, usually giving you personal attention or make sounds with the mouth, whispering, etc.
https://youtu.be/avPejvqzg48?t=741

Example four

Weird ASMR videos that make everyone feel shame for watching ASMR. Include stupid stuff such as sucking microphones with passion, etc.
https://youtu.be/TLtX3qnUGHo?t=213

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:23:14 PM

I've tried a real live ASMR session, and the tingles are incredible. A true meaning of braingasm.
However, when i tried the exact same thing on YT (so, same patterns, same sounds), nothing. And mind you, i'm rocking quite expensive headphones, so it's not bad audio issue
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 09:26:37 PM

I've tried a real live ASMR session, and the tingles are incredible. A true meaning of braingasm.
However, when i tried the exact same thing on YT (so, same patterns, same sounds), nothing. And mind you, i'm rocking quite expensive headphones, so it's not bad audio issue

REAL LIVE ASMR? Never heard about it but I imagine it is on another level. Maybe that made you immune to YT.
By the way, I forgot to mention that sometimes a lower volume is better for YT videos and helps to achieve tingles.

Somehow I don't get tingles & I constantly get mad when I hear someone scratching, munching, etc however I use ASMR for learning on how to control
my anger.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 09:31:27 PM

REAL LIVE ASMR? Never heard about it but I imagine it is on another level.

It's like any old massage (no happy ending tho), where you're in a room, relaxing, and then they use some head massagers to massage you, make those noises in front of you, whisper in your ear, etc...
xen1oph

Activity: 253
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 05:58:28 AM

I tried to listen to the ASMR video a couple of times. It was a rather unusual experience. My head really felt better, I began to feel more relaxed. A good option to fall asleep soon.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 06:50:15 AM

Things like this should be properly researched before using them. The side effects could range from addiction, personality change, possession(if you know what I mean), etc
I usually listen to sounds that are totally harmless, and gentle... especially those that praises our CREATOR.
I remember falling into trance while watching a movie, and I saw something I wouldn't want to post here... I have been suspicious of worldly songs/movie since them. Though believe there are some that are safe for human consumption, most likely those produced by truely good people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: