Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Concurrent burning "Technically" possible?!  (Read 82 times)
BitcoinReverso (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 01:47:49 AM

Hi Everyone;

I hope this is the right place for my inquiry.

I'm wondering whether or not a cryptocurrency can be burnt proportionally and simultaneously across all wallets holding that specific currency. I have derived a method in which Bitcoin's "Asymptotic Money Supply Targeting" can be replicated; however, not through mining, but instead, through burning, Lets just call it "Burning to Asymptote Target" or BAT for short.  For this to work, a burning command is triggered at a predefined interval where the amount to be burnt, is burnt in proportion of a wallet's holding.

ex: If 100 coins out of 1000 are triggered for burning, and there are 3 wallets as following:

Wallet 1 has 10% of total supply (100 out of 1000 coins)
wallet 2 has 40% of total supply (400 out of 1000 coins
wallet 3 has  50% of total supply (500 out of 1000 coins)

then wallets 1, 2, and 3, should be able to burn 10, 40, and 50 coins respectively from their current holding.

Is that technically possible?  what do you think some of the risks are? and do you know of any current project that has this sort of concurrent burning?  

I would be glad to share my finding with you on the BAT approach as it iss perfect for industry specific blockchain tokens and currencies. It entails all the drivers of value ( both expressed ,and intrinsic) the bitcoin has without competing with bitcoin over hashingpower and elecricity consumption. (therefore striving for stability and not striving to gain value from cost of production)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: