Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The European Union project seems to have ended.  (Read 125 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 05:27:40 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

We don't seem to hear about EU negotiations any more. It all seems to focus on individual countries, and they all seem to be doing their own thing, and closing their borders. Germany seems to be trying to become an independent trading nation, and others seem to have similar ambitions. They can't even agree on the deals they want with Britain once we are out, and all the EU can talk about is reinstating political control, and that isn't going to happen.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 06:34:30 PM

I don't think there ever was a "Union" as seen from the public. Someone from Washington will tell you he's American, someone from Berlin will tell you he's German. "The people" never broadly supported the European Union, and many of them don't have much in common to bond over either.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 07:09:47 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

My opinion stayed the same over the years. They should have stopped at Schengen. Keep open borders that granted easy and free flow of people and goods within the Union. That's it.
But they wanted more. Tried to make all countries "even". Tried to make them accept Euro, which some of them didn't acieve even 10 years after agreeing to do so. They tried to make all member countries accept migrants from Africa, they wanted to create unified military...
There's too many differences between member countries for it to work.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 08:09:13 PM

there is still a EU. but its media that plays around with how relevant they are or not

there is a united kingdom. but wales can still decide or not to stop transport across the severn bridge. each county can decideto lockdown separetly.

same with the eu each country an area within a country can have independant decision.

as long as it does not break the main laws of the country/area/region/continent

alot of people think china is pure communist dictatorship. yet china has many autonomous area's and its not like the whole of china went on lockdown.

there are certain things area's can do separetly, and certain things area's have to do that align with the main laws

take US. there are state laws and federal so although the states are united. each state acts different than the other.
gun laws in new york are different than in texas

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 08:17:09 PM

My opinion stayed the same over the years. They should have stopped at Schengen. Keep open borders that granted easy and free flow of people and goods within the Union. That's it.
Some EU countries are closing their borders to neighboring EU countries.

The EU failed because it has a weak federal government. The EU states (countries) have long violated various agreements without real consequence and often had to be bailed out by stronger EU states. I don't see the EU states voting to amend the EU constitution to allow for a stronger federal government.

The open borders policy of the EU caused migrants to upend local communities because massive numbers of people came that did not share the values of the community.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 08:20:54 PM

We don't seem to hear about EU negotiations any more. It all seems to focus on individual countries, and they all seem to be doing their own thing, and closing their borders. Germany seems to be trying to become an independent trading nation, and others seem to have similar ambitions. They can't even agree on the deals they want with Britain once we are out, and all the EU can talk about is reinstating political control, and that isn't going to happen.

well those "nationalist" leaders are remarkably weak nowadays so, can't be this way either.

as they are all a joke and not respected.

western european leaders are continuing to destroy their financial credibility by wasting money, while eastern europeans are saving money.

the eu will be the future, the nation states are worthless junk, they are currently wasting money on innereuropean borders instead of helping greece against the migrant invasion

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 08:23:14 PM

The EU failed because it has a weak federal government. The EU states (countries) have long violated various agreements without real consequence and often had to be bailed out by stronger EU states. I don't see the EU states voting to amend the EU constitution to allow for a stronger federal government.

The open borders policy of the EU caused migrants to upend local communities because massive numbers of people came that did not share the values of the community.

the nation states government are even weaker, look at boris johnson, or other nationalist leaders.

and it doesn't make any sense to support them, how is europe saver if there are fenced borders between nation states, while erdogan continue so send his migrant criminals over the evroz.

being a nazi is the usual case in europe for EU hostility.

the EU is insanely humane, to defend greece it has to shoot at migrants with sharp weapons, because middle easterners give a fuck about greek economic officials,

greek and europa has to defend itself from robbing migrants to protect especially the poor that can't afford security guards. but eu didn't find that legislation yet, because it is still under irrational US hegemony.

regards

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 08:33:09 PM

the nation states government are even weaker, look at boris johnson, or other nationalist leaders.

and it doesn't make any sense to support them, how is europe saver if there are fenced borders between nation states, while erdogan continue so send his migrant criminals over the evroz
In the UK, the federal government has clear authority that state/local governments do not. The UK federal government has the ability to enforce its laws/regulations on the local governments. This is not true in the EU.

The strength I was referring to was relative strength, not absolute strength. As a general rule, it is best for governments to be weaker in absolute terms (they still must be able to enforce the laws/regulations they do have), and should have few regulations. This is a generalization and will not apply in all situations, such as emergencies.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 08:46:36 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2020, 09:00:47 PM by KingScorpio

and it doesn't make any sense to support them, how is europe saver if there are fenced borders between nation states, while erdogan continue so send his migrant criminals over the evroz
In the UK, the federal government has clear authority that state/local governments do not. The UK federal government has the ability to enforce its laws/regulations on the local governments. This is not true in the EU.

The strength I was referring to was relative strength, not absolute strength. As a general rule, it is best for governments to be weaker in absolute terms (they still must be able to enforce the laws/regulations they do have), and should have few regulations. This is a generalization and will not apply in all situations, such as emergencies.

the eu has the moral authority in europe though, what is the value of splitting up the EU, why should the german industry then support greece and their money? or italy and their money? its is however horrible enough that these states can waste money without criticism still.

the EU is basically the set of rulles created after world war 2.

to survive all european independent states would have to turn to fascist nazi states again, but they are all afraid to do that, as long as the usa, russia or the middle east continue to exist and threthen the EU the nation states will continue to be afraid to act as a sovereign fascist nation state, but thats exactly what they want to do, why else would they want independence?

whole europe is currently waiting for the EU to realise that there are hostile people among the migrants, and that the EU closes the borders for noneuropeans allowing to shoot at anyone who enters it illegally and purging everyone that tries to destroy the EU from within, this day will come. and then eu hostility and sceptisim will disappear.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2020, 04:27:19 PM

Both the EU and the Uk are run by the modern British Empire. If you look behind the actions, and the secret alliances, it's fairly obvious. The Five Eyes alliance is just one example, and that includes Washington ( not America ), and some of the British commonwealth. Now "common wealth" is a name to conjure with. Smiley It must meant that all the common people have all the wealth, or have I misunderstood the concept.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:40:33 PM

Both the EU and the Uk are run by the modern British Empire. If you look behind the actions, and the secret alliances, it's fairly obvious. The Five Eyes alliance is just one example, and that includes Washington ( not America ), and some of the British commonwealth. Now "common wealth" is a name to conjure with. Smiley It must meant that all the common people have all the wealth, or have I misunderstood the concept.

I think it means that the 'common' people 'own' the wealth.  They get to maintain it by paying taxes and fight wars for it.  The crown 'controls' the wealth though.

Same kind of thing in the U.S..  Lots of 'national forests' and 'national monuments' and the like are 'owned' by we the peeps and we get to pay for fire control and such.  We plebs cannot actually go into them and when we do we have to stay on 'the path.'

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: