Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:40:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The free market speaks! FDA-AVOIDED Dustberries!  (Read 10212 times)
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 02:58:54 PM

Why the hell did you bring slurpees up? Do you just fail to read things before posting one of you're incoherent arguments?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:33:04 PM

Why the hell did you bring slurpees up? Do you just fail to read things before posting one of you're incoherent arguments?

A slight case of missreading I think. "Slurry pit" and "Slurpee" are similar if you're just skimming the text.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 08:00:58 PM

A slight case of missreading I think. "Slurry pit" and "Slurpee" are similar if you're just skimming the text.

In which case atlas probably shouldn't be posting. You can't make a coherent argument (which atlas doesn't seem to do anyway at the best of times) if you're not even going to read the points you're meant to be refuting.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 08:19:17 PM

In which case atlas probably shouldn't be posting. You can't make a coherent argument (which atlas doesn't seem to do anyway at the best of times) if you're not even going to read the points you're meant to be refuting.

Give the kid a break, he's a daring pioneer in alternative sleep routines. Who can fault him for being incoherent and groggy. At least he has an excuse now.

neptop

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 07:02:21 PM

The dust from computers carries loads of radioactive dust that causes cancer.

I had to laugh. xD

God, what kind of computer do you  have that 1)produces dust and 2) makes it radioactive.

You could sell this technology to operators of atomic power plants, so they don't have to filter these materials from shitloads of mined earth and stuff.

Also how do you prevent all that radiation coming from your computer to cause cancer in first place?

BitCoin address: 1E25UJEbifEejpYh117APmjYSXdLiJUCAZ
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 07:26:29 PM

Also how do you prevent all that radiation coming from your computer to cause cancer in first place?
Haha. You thought you don't get cancer from computers. Cute.

neptop

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 08:54:02 PM

I didn't say that (does it already cause hallucinations?), but please enlighten me and tell me where inside your computer you find >radioactive< material.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 09:08:39 PM

I didn't say that (does it already cause hallucinations?), but please enlighten me and tell me where inside your computer you find >radioactive< material.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52331.msg624509#msg624509

Sorry for the troll.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 05:44:14 PM

What in fuck's name would a "regulation without force" do or accomplish?

The Bitcoin network is regulation without force. We all voluntarily agreed to the rules. We could each make our own version of Bitcoin but we don't, not because we're afraid of having physical force used on us but because we don't want to be isolated using our version that few to no other people use. Regulation can and does work using only market forces.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:22:21 AM

The dust from computers carries loads of radioactive dust that causes cancer.
God, what kind of computer do you  have that 1)produces dust and 2) makes it radioactive.

You could sell this technology to operators of atomic power plants, so they don't have to filter these materials from shitloads of mined earth and stuff.

1. Acquire steal computer
2. Bring computer to Chernobyl Fukushima
3. Huh
4. Infinite Dust
5. Infinite Radiation
6. Huh
7. Infinite Profit
neptop

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:21:25 PM

1. Acquire steal computer
2. Bring computer to Chernobyl Fukushima
3. Huh
4. Infinite Dust
5. Infinite Radiation
6. Huh
7. Infinite Profit
Yeah, now we know what we do with our computers when mining Bitcoins isn't profitable enough. We use them as some kind of perpetuum mobile to solve the world's energy problem. Renewable energy from computers FTW! Cheesy

allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 06:06:23 PM

why so much support for the FDA?
Do a google search for "FDA Hidden agenda"
As with all research, it takes time to sort between fact, opinion, and fictions, but if you really think
the current FDA cares about public health.... you've been deceived.

The whole point of the U.S. constitution was to limit and distribute power in government because when it is
consolidated and increased it is always abused. Who regulates all these bureaucratic regulating agencies?
When they screw up or have alternate agendas rarely anyone puts them into check.
Let the free market do it.

FDA just creates health moral hazard - people stop taking their food health choices into their own hands 'cuz government has their back. what a joke!

Those who would change freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security and always end up losing both.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 06:55:51 PM

FDA just creates health moral hazard - people stop taking their food health choices into their own hands 'cuz government has their back. what a joke!

Those who would change freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security and always end up losing both.

What is a "health moral hazard"?

But it isn't the consumers giving up their freedom, so why would they care about getting extra safety at the cost of some regulating industry existing?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 07:52:14 PM

But it isn't the consumers giving up their freedom, so why would they care about getting extra safety at the cost of some regulating industry existing?

I agree with allten on this one. We should crush those evil regulating bodies that keep us from contracting diseases from random foods and stop people from poisoningour milk, meat, produce etc. We deserve the choice to be scattered, uneducated and helpless individuals when there are countless educated and passionate individuals working in that field trying to keep people safe and healthy.

Don't you love it when idiots try to say things like that?  It's almost as dumb as saying "cops are bad".

CoinSpeculator

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 05:11:09 AM

I agree with allten on this one. We should crush those evil regulating bodies that keep us from contracting diseases from random foods and stop people from poisoningour milk, meat, produce etc. We deserve the choice to be scattered, uneducated and helpless individuals when there are countless educated and passionate individuals working in that field trying to keep people safe and healthy.

Don't you love it when idiots try to say things like that?  It's almost as dumb as saying "cops are bad".

Let me get this straight.  You don't think America is scatterd, uneducated and helpless?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 09:27:30 AM

Don't you love it when idiots try to say things like that?  It's almost as dumb as saying "cops are bad".

Let me get this straight.  You don't think America is scatterd, uneducated and helpless?

America is pretty much scattered, uneducated and helpless. The whole world is. That doesn't mean that the scientists who spend their entire life finding out if a berry can cause cancer or not don't deserve to be listened to.

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 04:15:03 PM

America is pretty much scattered, uneducated and helpless. The whole world is. That doesn't mean that the scientists who spend their entire life finding out if a berry can cause cancer or not don't deserve to be listened to.

They do when they only "find out" if the berry causes cancer because they have a hidden agenda. I mean really, if you spend your whole life trying to find out if a berry causes cancer obviously you're going to want to "find out" it does, amirite guys?

Now if you let the free market handle it, you get the absolute best-quality, cheapest possible cancer-berries (thanks to zero government inefficiency) and then someone else will sell you the cure to that pesky cancer. It's a win-win for everyone.

^_^
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 05:21:31 PM

They do when they only "find out" if the berry causes cancer because they have a hidden agenda. I mean really, if you spend your whole life trying to find out if a berry causes cancer obviously you're going to want to "find out" it does, amirite guys?

Now if you let the free market handle it, you get the absolute best-quality, cheapest possible cancer-berries (thanks to zero government inefficiency) and then someone else will sell you the cure to that pesky cancer. It's a win-win for everyone.

As a life scientist I can't comprehend someone learning about berries with a 'hidden agenda'.

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 06:14:06 PM

As a life scientist I can't comprehend someone learning about berries with a 'hidden agenda'.

Since you're a "life scientist" that's pretty much what I expected you to say. Roll Eyes

^_^
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 06:48:05 PM

Since you're a "life scientist" that's pretty much what I expected you to say. Roll Eyes

*shrug*

I can't know what I don't know. I do know that if someone says 'STOP DON'T WALK ANY FURTHER!' I'll probably ask why and they'll probably explain. If they refuse the explain, I would obviously press on and do some investigation of my own. I don't think there is any lack of explanation why foods are regulated for safety. This is not to say that I agree with all regulations, but the people involved can't all be evil and in it for 'hidden agendas'. It's statistically improbable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: