Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:18:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banking issues  (Read 403 times)
PaySpace
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 10:00:44 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2020, 07:31:57 PM by PaySpace

The solution in this situation is very simple.
The older the bank the more issues you will have. Old players in financial industry are very firm in this matter,
Try to choose the young startup banks for crypto operations. They are more flexible.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:06:30 AM

The older the bank the more issues you will have. Old players in financial industry are very firm in this matter,
Try to choose th young startup banks for crypto operations. They are more flexible.

That doesn't ring true to me.

Many of the startup banks are nothing more than clients of the real banks. That makes them doubly desperate to stay in their good books. An established bank may give you the benefit of the doubt whereas an app based one will shut you down instantly for the slightest infraction.

Their lack of competence in general reflects the speed of their growth.

I don't trust any of them and I wouldn't run my life through an account like that.
PaySpace
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2020, 08:50:52 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2020, 08:57:38 AM by PaySpace

I can say only average things, of course, we should look at this case by case.
1. We don't know the bank name and the country where the situation was going on.
2. As a rule, the old banks are not interested in new niches investing. It happens only in the times of market share changing.
3. Every bank has its own policy. If they don't have many clients with similar transactions or, even more, they faced with a scam, of course, their complience will be tough.
Contrariwise, the crypto-friendly bank which used to make such type of transactions will not control every your sneeze.

Many of the startup banks are nothing more than clients of the real banks.

I agry with you that it's a high risk, but technically these are fin.tech companies, not banks. They can named themselves as they want.  But the bank can't have third-party acquiers.
At the same time, I can name the successful and trustful businesses of this sort.

An established bank may give you the benefit of the doubt whereas an app based one will shut you down instantly for the slightest infraction.

So, you mean if established bank find something suspicious (in its opinion) in your transactions, this bank will let it be? I have some doubts.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 09:56:31 AM
Merited by malevolent (1)

So, you mean if established bank find something suspicious (in its opinion) in your transactions, this bank will let it be? I have some doubts.

No.

Someone like Revolut will find something suspicious that an average bank will not. I've never met anyone who has had their bank account suspended. I have come across quite a few people who had their app based accounts tripped and shut down by some unknown algorithm.
PaySpace
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2020, 10:16:32 AM
Merited by malevolent (2)

This is a problem of open banking. But as you can see, Revolut doesn't identificate itsself as a bank. It's fin.tech startup, not a bank.
And it's not a solution for Welsh.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: