Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What old coins are you still holding?  (Read 7481 times)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 04:16:22 AM

A lot of cryptocurrencies have been created throughout time.

I personally have not held onto any old or even dead blockchains.

But I am working on a new project focused on old blockchains and with the attempt of reviving them.

I wanna ask what everyone here is holding onto.

I am mainly interested in coins from 2014 and older, but anything you deem "old" is welcome! Smiley

I might hit you up if I find your coin interesting Cheesy

One of my new picks is Leacoin because of its age and simple configuration.
From what I understand about the blockchain generation is already in the 3.0 generation with better speed and proof-of-work, my advice in terms of technology is better to at least keep up with the growth or be more advanced than the current generation. Looking at cryptocurrency, the old coin that I hold is definitely bitcoin, I'm sure users here mostly hold bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 04:34:18 AM

I am still holding those old token/coins which I participated in few bounty campaigns that turns out to be valueless or no value at all because there is no market or no volume in the market at all such as FTEC token, RISK and Xcrypt token.
These tokens/coins you mentioned are just another accessory in your wallet. We cant dispose it, another souvenir to the past projects you joined. I have few coins came from bounties that is not tradable, the project is dead. What remain is the established coins and bitcoin is among of these coins that I hold.
There are many coins in bounty campaigns that are now trash because there is no market and no developer team. Many hold a few, many hold hundreds of such coins Grin. I also have some coins and want to forget them.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 08:10:46 AM

I am still holding those old token/coins which I participated in few bounty campaigns that turns out to be valueless or no value at all because there is no market or no volume in the market at all such as FTEC token, RISK and Xcrypt token.
For FTEC, RISK, and Xcrypt tokens, they are included in junk tokens and obviously they don't have the slightest value in the market and it is certain that the volume is also not there, so don't expect anything from such junk tokens.
simpelplan

Activity: 407
Merit: 2

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 08:22:31 PM

old coins that I still hold like PPT (populous) and I got them after promoting the bounty project in 2018. and some other ancient coins such as ETH, LTC, TRX. and this is a form of my investment using personal capital.

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
passionplus

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 05:19:51 AM

I am new user.I am holding COTI. But this token is dumping day by day. I think I am going to lose my asset.

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 05:33:11 AM

Old coin that i have is BNB and NPXS that i have since 2017, sad to see the price at this time especially NPXS the price is fall so deep but glad to see BNB is the potential coin that i have. I hope both the coins price will increase soon.

NPXS project has become total garbage for the last several months. They had two products that payment machine and the mobile sadly both those products failed to have any impact on the market. I have lost all hope that it will ever go up lol.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 07:13:05 AM

I still have some Coinye (Kanye West Coin) from 2014. I imagine if he got elected President of the United States then I would be richer than Satoshi, but that's probably not going to happen.

I'll trade some Coinye for some Cosbycoin (for those of you old enough to remember that hack). Those were the good old days.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 07:53:53 PM

My favorite is still Monero. It is a very safe and reliable cryptocurrency. Crypto experts believe that before the 2020th year ends, this altcoins will reach 155-167 USD. As soon as I managed to buy a lot of alts on the dump, my expectation is to make money on its future rise.

Monero has been doing good for quite some time now. Currently, XMR's prices are rising on the market. The recent network upgrades could've had a positive impact in its price. Considering that Monero is the world's #1 privacy coin, there's a chance it could survive many years from now. It's one of those old coins worth holding for a very long time due to its constant development, innovation, and most of all, mainstream adoption. Among the old coins worth holding a lifetime are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero. These coins still have market activity, and are being constantly updated by their developers. Because of this, you can feel confident that your investment will last a lifetime (not like other old coins that have been abandoned by their developers and community in general).

Old coins like Mintcoin and Tekcoin still have healthy Blockchain networks but aren't traded on the market anymore. This leaves the investor holding a "bag" of worthless coins (bagholder) that cannot be seriously used for mainstream payments. I'm still holding these coins, hoping they'd get renewed interest in the crypto/Blockchain space. For now, holding old coins like ETH and XMR seem to be the viable option. I had some Monero lying around but sold them during 2018 because I needed the money. But I'm tempted to go all in Monero once more, as I believe it'll reach $500 within a couple of years from now. Ultimately, holding old coins is much riskier than holding new ones as they could become de-listed by crypto exchanges in an instant. It's all a gamble where you put your money in an old coin hoping it lasts on the market for a long time. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nancy

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 10:56:16 AM

BTC is my oldest and the best hodling
shaiksajidbasha123

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 11:50:33 AM

yeah some coins are holding in features giving best profit i think i am holding coins since 2019 now my profit also increased little bit but some coins value dropped and lossed now 2020 i  am somay coins holding what happened next year let's see i think old coins holding is good
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3960

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 12:01:35 PM

Does anyone remember Curecoin? It is cryptocurrency from 2013 (!) that gives some incentive for Folding@home running app. I have less than 1000 cure in my wallet but block explorer says that I'm at 1339th by rich list, lol: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/address.dws?B5Fn4zoQALk24dCvCa6ck4K4hThLKxC4Rr.htm
yeah some coins are holding in features giving best profit i think i am holding coins since 2019 now my profit also increased little bit but some coins value dropped and lossed now 2020 i  am somay coins holding what happened next year let's see i think old coins holding is good
Try to use punctuation next time, because your post look like a crap. Do you hodl something or not?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 01:10:03 PM

I came to discover that holding all those old coin long make
some one to loose some  interest in the coin. Most of the old
coins I hold since 2019 which I refused to release to market
January 2020  has cause me unfavourable now because I
didn't release them the time market was looking good.
I later loss all my coins to scammer which I was thinking is the right customers not knowing is a scammer. So since then I don't hold my coins more than a year. I think holding some old coin long is a big risk if your wallet is not well safe.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 01:22:50 PM

The first cryptocurrency that I received was not Bitcoin. I had Litecoin in my wallet even before I received any Bitcoin. But unfortunately all of my Litecoin holdings are lost. I lost some of them when Wex.nz closed down in 2018. Whatever I had after that was gone in 2019, when Cryptopia was hacked. I still have some emotional attachment with LTC and now I regret my decision to keep my holdings in exchange wallets.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 08:43:05 PM

My old coin? of course the answer is bitcoin. Currently I only hold bitcoins and in 2017 when the price of bitcoin touched $20k I sold it and bought it back when bitcoin dropped last year at $5k. So now I am very happy because soon the year is 2021 and the same thing will happen again.
asrafkhairulazzam22

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 04:26:23 PM

The ancient coin I still hold is Dogecoin. Because Dogecoin is often known as a "friendly" digital currency for good reason. After its success, Dogecoin has also become known for its charitable donations and various kinds of positive activities.
And Dogecoin has several advantages. Among them are:
1. Faster confirmation time only takes about 5 seconds -15 minutes
2. Lower transaction costs
3. The value of Dogecoin itself is relatively stable
4. Dogecoin has a large and always friendly community
So it is clear that Dogecoin is very popular around the world.

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 06:36:17 PM

I don't keep any coins for now, because some of the coins from the bounty that I participated in are no longer valuable.
Now, if you want to store coins for a long time, look at the coins that have been around for a long time, at least if they fall, it won't be immediately minus above 90%.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 07:38:29 PM

The first cryptocurrency that I received was not Bitcoin. I had Litecoin in my wallet even before I received any Bitcoin. But unfortunately all of my Litecoin holdings are lost. I lost some of them when Wex.nz closed down in 2018. Whatever I had after that was gone in 2019, when Cryptopia was hacked. I still have some emotional attachment with LTC and now I regret my decision to keep my holdings in exchange wallets.

Litecoin was one of early coins I've decided to invest within my early days in crypto (circa 2014). But I quickly sold most of my holdings because I needed the money. Turns out, I've made a good decision since Litecoin's prices are going down the drain right now. Bitcoin has been the one cryptocurrency with the most gains on the market. LTC went from being worth more than $100 to just $42 per coin in an instant. Prices have stalled quite a bit as people are interested in new cryptocurrency projects on the market. This usually happens with old coins as people go for the next big thing in crypto. If the old coin you're holding turns out to become abandoned by the developers and the community, you'll be left holding a bag (bagholder) of worthless coins with no possibility of being traded across prominent crypto exchanges in the mainstream world. The only exception is Dogecoin which has managed to remain actively traded on the market for quite some time, even if development has stalled a long time ago.

All in all, it's good to hold some old coins in your wallet as they're proven to be rock-solid in terms of the security and reliability of they underlying blockchain networks. New cryptocurrencies are often vulnerable to 51% attacks and many other undesired situations, putting your funds at risk. As long as you diversify your investment between both old and new coins, you'll be able to stay safe in this wild and crazy world of crypto. As a golden rule, never put your crypto holdings in an exchange no matter how tempting it may seem to be. Centralized exchanges are often hacked, putting your funds at risk anytime. If you play your cards right, you'll be able to live well no matter which kind of cryptocurrency you choose as a long-term investment (either a new or an old cryptocurrency). Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 08:16:34 PM

NPXS project has become total garbage for the last several months. They had two products that payment machine and the mobile sadly both those products failed to have any impact on the market. I have lost all hope that it will ever go up lol.
And how well they started, I was even glad that I participated in their bounty campaign at the time. And now I looked at the price and realized that this is so, on the subway a couple of times to pass. And such examples with coins of past years are full, to my regret

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 01:54:33 AM

I have actually a lot since 2017 but not all of them are in the market. I am joining lots of bounty campaigns at that time and not all of them are becoming successful, but there are also become successful but when they appeared at the market, the price really dumps and I got no reason to sell it, so I hold it instead of selling it at a low price.
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 01:51:51 PM

BTC is my oldest and the best hodling

Bitcoin will be always the best choice. We can talk about the best altcoins and argue, which of them is the coolest one, but BTC is the top of all the time. As for alts, Bitcoin Cash can be trusted. I hold it (and trade) for several years already. ETH is also great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: