Bitcoin Forum
October 27, 2020, 03:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another scam attempt revealed  (Read 363 times)
Doranile432

Activity: 434
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 11:51:08 AM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Beware of any Coronavirus tracker, there is no such thing and I'm surprised some idiots are falling for it, scammers are using a fake Coronavirus tracker app to extort from its users their Bitcoin savings, the app is locking users screens and demanding payment if users want their phone unlocked

To gain trust from its users the app developers lied about being connected with the world health organization (WHO) and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, they claimed it was approved by the WHO to be used in cases of emergency.

Do not fall for this
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheICE007

Activity: 639
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:00:05 PM

This is serious,I am surprised seeing these,well with those scammers out there, nothing is impossible,they would want to utilize every opportunity to scam the innocent of their hard earn savings,at this time,there are so many links that direct to even the Corona virus, everyone should be mindful again of what he or she clicks on,every avenue is an opportunity for scammers. Please let's stay safe of the virus and the scammers.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Stanlo

Activity: 616
Merit: 34

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:07:59 PM

Wonders won't seize to exists in crypto space, I'm not that surprised but I wasn't expect scammers to go this far, creating apps for smartphones to hijack files on mobile or have total control is insane, let's just be extremely careful

bittick

Activity: 1484
Merit: 502

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:36:37 PM

Beware of any Coronavirus tracker, there is no such thing and I'm surprised some idiots are falling for it, scammers are using a fake Coronavirus tracker app to extort from its users their Bitcoin savings, the app is locking users screens and demanding payment if users want their phone unlocked

To gain trust from its users the app developers lied about being connected with the world health organization (WHO) and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, they claimed it was approved by the WHO to be used in cases of emergency.

Do not fall for this
Lol i just wanna know how dumb people are easy believing on fake cooperation that created by scammer. In this case, they can even verify it easily whether it's true or not. I never believe a very good organization like WHO created cooperation with unknown garbage developers. They need more education about this.

VDraci

Activity: 462
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:50:12 PM

Do not fall for this
Lol i just wanna know how dumb people are easy believing on fake cooperation that created by scammer. In this case, they can even verify it easily whether it's true or not. I never believe a very good organization like WHO created cooperation with unknown garbage developers. They need more education about this.
As dumb as it looks some thinks it makes sense, the web/internet have been around for years now and many people still don't know how to stay safe online, many are ignorant and they don't want to learn, some things just can't be possible online, someone don't need to tell you that something is not right

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 854
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 01:06:10 PM

You need to put the proof that you have, it will be hard for those people to understand what the purpose of your thread. And then you can move this thread to scam accusation thread because this thread only for altcoin discussion. Although if there is an altcoin who scamming the user then if the victim who will make an accusation they must create the accusation on scam accusation board. As for this information, I think many people haven't aware against it. They haven't know how scammer's way to scamming them.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 01:36:49 PM

it seems that the thread information made by the OP about the Coronavirus tracker application that can infect a smartphone and lock it is already there that explains it in detail.
The scammer application is an application that will automatically install and lock the smartphone, when you want to open it request a ransom of $ 100 in Bitcoin.

Another Corona Virus Tracking app malware founds it's way in Google Play

Sterbens

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 01:50:00 PM

it seems that the thread information made by the OP about the Coronavirus tracker application that can infect a smartphone and lock it is already there that explains it in detail.
The scammer application is an application that will automatically install and lock the smartphone, when you want to open it request a ransom of $ 100 in Bitcoin.

It's really scary at a time like this that a lot of scamer who make this way they are desperate to do anything to get money easily and I think this should be careful if exposed to your smart phone I'm worried about it.

Of course with the news we must be aware of anything that is related to corona because it will result in us.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
kaneki007

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

https://www.jacs.tech

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 02:00:09 PM

How applications that contain malware can get away from Google Play review? As far as I know, it is strict enough that applications can be released on that platform. I usually see information about the corona virus from a number of trusted news websites or bots created by the government of my country to be easily used by many people.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
Greatchu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:03:54 PM

How applications that contain malware can get away from Google Play review? As far as I know, it is strict enough that applications can be released on that platform. I usually see information about the corona virus from a number of trusted news websites or bots created by the government of my country to be easily used by many people.
Malware apps aren't available on playstore only and yes playstore have done incredible job getting those dangerous apps off their store but there are other ways to spread apps without stores, either through ads or links, the original post seem like a hijack

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Anonylz

Activity: 1722
Merit: 533

One Step At A Time

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:13:54 PM

Do not fall for this

Honestly the way people fall into scammers nest is just alarming, people fall victim over things can be easily avoided, what does that even mean..... coronavirus app tracker, sounds very ridiculous to me, how is that suppose to track if a person has the disease or not? the length at wchich people are willingly to go to deceive others is very surprising, opportunist are everywhere taking advantage of the situation, people should be more careful.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.
PRESALE
ONGOING

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:15:23 PM

It's really scary at a time like this that a lot of scamer who make this way they are desperate to do anything to get money easily and I think this should be careful if exposed to your smart phone I'm worried about it.

Of course with the news we must be aware of anything that is related to corona because it will result in us.
Fraudsters finds the situation as a good opportunity to deceive and exploit the suffering of other people for their own gain. They are willing to do anything for the sake of money, it's the reason why we need to be cautious, so we'll not end up being victimized. People must analyze that just because it was associated with the virus, it doesn't mean that it will always be accurate and beneficial.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
OasisDre

Activity: 392
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:25:53 PM

Who would go online and look for an app that can detect the virus maybe if you have one? That's totally craziness, arrgghh I can't belief people of this days, if you think you are infected one way or the other just go down to the hospital and get yourself quarantined
Ezravdb

Activity: 1484
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 02:30:34 PM

I just heard this news, I think this is a must for us to be careful installing any type of application because fraudsters always take advantage of circumstances to fool everyone. Corona virus application if it is not official do not install just because a lot of phissing viruses are run on the application.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:34:08 PM

Could you please share any source related to this? It's serious. Scammers are not a human being, they are worse than the devil, it's proved again! They are playing with people's emotion and asking for money? Such a shame! People should avoid all the unknown links, apps, services in this quarantine time!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
suryapro

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 03:32:00 PM

This is a new fraud case in my opinion. because it is certain if they will get a big profit for making this fake application. indeed we should be more careful in making decisions in situations that are very vulnerable as it is today. be patient and clearly think , maybe this is the right solution.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Slow death

Activity: 1722
Merit: 851

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 03:34:10 PM

It is amazing that even when the majority of people in the world are in disrepair because many people are dying, there are still people who want to make money from this misfortune. I wonder how these people feel when they see on TV that coronovirus cases are increasing every day? they have to be very cruel to think of cheating and stealing in a situation like this

Who would go online and look for an app that can detect the virus maybe if you have one?

The despair and fear that people have of going to the hospital would make people commit such crazy things

██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 04:37:24 PM

Do not fall for this

The thing is, the fear of this virus is making people to do some things which they always come to regret all in the name of being safe. Also, on the other hand scammers are using it as a cover up to defraud and scam innocent people of their hard earned money with no remorse whatsoever. Yes, this virus is deadly but let's always endeavour to be safe not only in terms of our health but also in terms of our finances; therefore this period let's be careful of most organizations and platforms coming up with one "aid-like" thing or the other.

aidakarimshahi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 04:45:29 PM

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
This is serious,I am surprised seeing these,well with those scammers out there, nothing is impossible,they would want to utilize every opportunity to scam the innocent of their hard earn savings,at this time,there are so many links that direct to even the Corona virus, everyone should be mindful again of what he or she clicks on,every avenue is an opportunity for scammers. Please let's stay safe of the virus and the scammers.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1120
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 05:00:08 PM

More information about the tracker would have been good. If you can provide links and images so that people can know and recognized it when they see it. People make use of opportunity especially this period. The same scam attempt was perpetrated by someone that claims Elon musk is doubling crypto. Unfortunately, people will always fall victim and that is the reason why to confirm anything before you act.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: