Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:55:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus + Prisons  (Read 600 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 11:33:59 AM

Some inmates that have minor cases are being released in some advanced countries.

That is the easiest what can be done. Usually prisons everywhere lie in conditions that are below standard. Simply because there is always to little money to build more prisons. Crowd is very bad fro covid-19 spreading. So only smart thing is to send some prisoners to sit few months at home. I dont see any reason why that should not be done everywhere in the world. Well rich countries can fast build more prisons. Poor simply send few prisoners to housearrest.

Who will monitor whether the prisoner is at home? Do you think that after such an "amnesty" the prisoners will sit quietly and wait until they are locked back in their cells? I do not think.
What will they eat? They will not have work, which means they will not have money. That is, they will be fed by their families, who may not even be waiting for them. The risk that such a rabble will begin to rob, steal and rape is too great.

I believe they have some thing on their feet and local police checks them. Every country have a system made fro people to serve from their homes. Of course that are fro those that are not dangerous and probabyl allready sit part of their sentence. You should google about it to see how is organised in your country.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 11:52:33 AM

Some inmates that have minor cases are being released in some advanced countries.

That is the easiest what can be done. Usually prisons everywhere lie in conditions that are below standard. Simply because there is always to little money to build more prisons. Crowd is very bad fro covid-19 spreading. So only smart thing is to send some prisoners to sit few months at home. I dont see any reason why that should not be done everywhere in the world. Well rich countries can fast build more prisons. Poor simply send few prisoners to housearrest.

There should be no special treatment for the prisoners. They are criminals and if you allow them the house arrest they may escape and the law enforcement agencies may not be able to find them. Also we don't want more crimes because of the criminal escaping the jails because of covid19.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3652

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 01:08:03 PM

I believe they have some thing on their feet and local police checks them. Every country have a system made fro people to serve from their homes. Of course that are fro those that are not dangerous and probabyl allready sit part of their sentence. You should google about it to see how is organised in your country.

those ankle bracelets? i doubt they have enough to go around if they go hog wild releasing inmates. even the just non violent ones. im not too sure how robust the system that tracks them is either. at least in the usa anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: