Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we bring Blockchain to the Mainstream?  (Read 175 times)
Godstrength (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2020, 11:40:39 AM

Will we ever get Blockchain to the Mainstream, or ever be in center of media and news? Blockchain is a distributed digital ledger system where transactions of various types between parties are recorded redundantly in a multiple of databases. The speed has been improved overtime but the important part about the system is to be secured. It was brought as a discussion during the Global Developer Conference and it's great to see these things being talked about.

https://youtu.be/V_1NwGnp-8g

Now the question is, will ever that time come?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
natefielding

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 04:08:10 AM

we can, as long as we are encouraging people to understand and learn it and teach them how its working.
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:16:52 PM

IMO, bitcoin is the most powerful factor that put blickchain tech to mainstream. We all know that the blockchain was introduced long time before bitcoin.
Until now, cryptocurrencies (in general) are highlighting the utilities of this technology, but we still need to adopt it with more concepts in a large scale.
One of the greatest use of the blockchain is the ability to create smart contracts, like with ethereum. This ability made it easier to use the blockchain to create more useful apps and to be more popular by reaching more fields .
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 11:50:13 PM

IMO, bitcoin is the most powerful factor that put blickchain tech to mainstream. We all know that the blockchain was introduced long time before bitcoin.
Until now, cryptocurrencies (in general) are highlighting the utilities of this technology, but we still need to adopt it with more concepts in a large scale.
(..)
This is also what I think, it's kinda blockchain more being famous or put it into mainstream is because of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
But I think it is much better to people not to think always as this, because blockchain has lot of different fields, not only in cryptocurrency.
It's kinda sad that when cryptocurrency getting more market cap and pumping, more people are being introduce in blockchain because of cryptocurrency, but it's kinda reality. We should also acknowledge and appreciate the innovation of it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:23:39 PM

It's already here in the mainstream and corporate world already if you aren't already aware of it. Just search in Google about "blockchain patents" and you will already see dozens if not hundreds of companies already exploiting the technology in their systems or in their businesses. Companies such as Walmart, Visa, Alibaba, and IBM are already trying to make their own versions of blockchain from digital ledgers of medical records to even used as a way to store history all of them are now creating specific uses for blockchain. The sad thing about that is Bitcoin's own technology which is blockchain is the one who is dominating the markets rather than the crypo itself, since Blockchain tech itself is patentless a lot of companies took advantage of it and now they will try to profit from it in the near future.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 02:59:02 PM

The blockchain is entering slowly and quietly in the the business. Good example are world leading universities offering blockchain courses, like MIT HERE In 5 years when at least 2-3 classes have graduated then there will be more and more popularity. Just wait and you'll see Smiley

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 12:11:32 PM

Will we ever get Blockchain to the Mainstream, or ever be in center of media and news? Blockchain is a distributed digital ledger system where transactions of various types between parties are recorded redundantly in a multiple of databases. The speed has been improved overtime but the important part about the system is to be secured. It was brought as a discussion during the Global Developer Conference and it's great to see these things being talked about.

https://youtu.be/V_1NwGnp-8g

Now the question is, will ever that time come?

I think many big companies are already taking advantage of blockchain, specially those that deal with huge amount of data everyday like logistics, supply chain or banking system. The only problem I see is that there are companies who wants to jump on the bandwagon as well, but when you think closely, a simple database will be enough for them. So I guess not all can use blockchain for now, replacing your existing legacy system with blockchain might cause more money, just saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3654

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 02:13:41 PM

What do you mean by "Mainstream"? Do you mean to search for new uses of Blockchain? Because until now the only aspect that has proven economic efficiency is its use in financial aspects.
The only application that has proven to be effective is Bitcoin, as it has gained reliability over time, Many banks and large corporations are searching for the possibility of using them in many financial apps.

There are some other uses of this technology but not that economically efficient.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:58:49 PM

(..)
This is also what I think, it's kinda blockchain more being famous or put it into mainstream is because of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
But I think it is much better to people not to think always as this, because blockchain has lot of different fields, not only in cryptocurrency.
It's kinda sad that when cryptocurrency getting more market cap and pumping, more people are being introduce in blockchain because of cryptocurrency, but it's kinda reality. We should also acknowledge and appreciate the innovation of it.
Most of the time it would really be on that way where people dont dig further on things they are involved one.Blockchain tech is been known coz of crypto but i do bet that most people doesnt
even know on what are the benefits or the wide extent of this innovation if it would be applied on other sectors.We've seen lots of projects or fields that had been trying to be test out by this
tech which does really give out improvement in terms of speed and transparency.Becoming mainstream? Adoption is on the move but for sure it would still takes time.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 04:31:44 AM

It looks hard but these media agencies will get to blockchain when it's already blooming. They wouldn't cover the whole thing at the very beginning but they'll come in when there's already good news that they can send to their readers and communities.

In reality, blockchain is no longer a secret and it shouldn't be questioned if it will ever be on the mainstream. There were tests that have been conducted before to try this kind of technology, as far as I know, the one that's conducting the test came from the corporate world.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 11:35:58 AM

It will come soon I believe.

Like the Chinese government that more steady to developt blockchain on their country.

They are believe that blockchain can help many thing and they will be regreted if they just waste it.

So, I guess it is just about time and sooner if Chinese has been successful to use blockchain there will be many country who will use it and blockchain become mainstream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: