Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:58:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Holders actually bought BTC during the crash?  (Read 505 times)
bangdik123

Activity: 113
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 04:04:55 AM

I think the decline is the right time to buy, yes some people do that with the belief that the market will be better in the future. But remember, we cannot buy without research results.

People should always check the price charts.

With the price dumps, obviously people would be taking that for granted and obviously, people would be checking first the chart for some indicators using some strategies like a candlestick. Always remember that doesn't mean the price dumps, you will be buying immediately since we never know what might happen, it might just be the start of the dump.

Technical and fundamental analysis must always be mastered in order to find price limits that can occur when the market is moving, of course this also applies when we trade with bitcoin because all price movements will certainly have restrictions on buying and selling prices.

But in terms of fundamentals of course we also have to think about it because all the price movements are also one of them triggered by fundamentals that occur, for example just like the corona virus which is currently the biggest epidemic worldwide, and will certainly have an impact on bitcoin because most of the biggest owners of bitcoin also just being in China for example like binance, this is very important for us to master.

I think the price of bitcoin will remain stable at $ 5,000-6000 and maybe when prices can't go down further it's not impossible that the pump will come soon with a target of $ 10,000.
Assface16678

Activity: 1414
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 04:08:53 AM

I think the decline is the right time to buy, yes some people do that with the belief that the market will be better in the future. But remember, we cannot buy without research results.

With the price dumps, obviously people would be taking that for granted and obviously, people would be checking first the chart for some indicators using some strategies like a candlestick. Always remember that doesn't mean the price dumps, you will be buying immediately since we never know what might happen, it might just be the start of the dump.

To the people bought a lot of coins when the market price of the bitcoin is too low it is a huge loss and now they need to hold too much coin because of that but to the people who already bought a lot of coins to the lowest market price of the coin, it is a huge income because from the lowest price of 3.9k dollars it is already stable in 6k dollars and this is a good income too because you can get almost 10 dollars profit by that if you invest. Now it is not too late because still the price of the bitcoin is too low and you can now buy a lot of coins as much as possible because the halving is coming and there is a chance that the price of the bitcoin will be coming back into 10k dollars profit so we don't need to waste some time to make more earnings and grab this opportunity to make a profit.

valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 04:13:40 AM

Technical and fundamental analysis must always be mastered in order to find price limits that can occur when the market is moving, of course this also applies when we trade with bitcoin because all price movements will certainly have restrictions on buying and selling prices.

But in terms of fundamentals of course we also have to think about it because all the price movements are also one of them triggered by fundamentals that occur, for example just like the corona virus which is currently the biggest epidemic worldwide, and will certainly have an impact on bitcoin because most of the biggest owners of bitcoin also just being in China for example like binance, this is very important for us to master.

I think the price of bitcoin will remain stable at $ 5,000-6000 and maybe when prices can't go down further it's not impossible that the pump will come soon with a target of $ 10,000.

It is indeed not impossible that it could happen, especially there are some countries that have really legalized bitcoin for their payment system when the COVID-19 virus is epidemic, but still have to be able to maintain the existing equity so that trading management is still very good especially with market movements that are currently uncertain.

Positive news from the reduced number of victims of the COVID-19 virus in China can certainly be one of the good fundamentals for bitcoin and hopefully other countries can learn how to benefit from the payment system with bitcoin.
pankaj1234
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 06:40:32 AM

I think so because if the holders can buy btc on up price they always buy on crashing. In market so many trader are very clever who know what you have to done after market crash. Bitcoin hard crash going to 3000+ and then btc recovering so I don't think going below down 3000$ . Some depends on what type of trader.big traders who hold money in their accounts always looking for market crash.

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 07:16:47 AM

The problem for others always missed the opportunity to buy is that they hardly spot the right time to buy. The moment they wanted the bitcoin's price to go down more before buying, the opposite side happens and it will started to bull run. If there's an opportunity to buy like 20-30% price drops, why not proceed?

But I do believe, a lot of us here who are long term hold bought bitcoin when it was around $5,000. Current price today is $6k above. We are holders, so we can still wait for further price pump even it takes longer.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 12:29:37 PM

The only people,who bought Bitcoins during the price crash are the HODLers(some of those HODLers might be crypto whales).
There are no crypto newbies and no institutional investors,that will take the risk and decide to buy Bitcoin in a situation like that.This research kinda answers a rhetorical question,therefore it's useless.
However,I love statistics.This is some great statistical data provided by Glassnode.
I should pay more attention to that service and take a closer look at their on-chain market intelligence studies.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 2148

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 01:06:18 PM

Some hodlers probably bought, but hodlers are by definition the people who already hold a substantial amount of coins, so if they buy a dip, it's not with huge amounts. It's also not likely that new people invested at the bottom, since it was very short-lived. So, I think the largest group that bought at the low was speculators.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 01:20:49 PM

Based on the price change that happened in just days after the price dump, I can concur that a lot of investors and other people bought bitcoin and took the opportunity to reinvest. From the data, we can also say that some holders bought some during that time. Well, I am not really surprised by this since I expected it when the price dumped.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Govi2

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 01:24:42 PM

In my opinion, every dump in price is an opportunity to reap more profits, but in order to reap more profits there must be a capital management plan and also the psychological factor play a big role in this, and the regret feeling about this is normal, and I think that regret in the trading market is largely present, so whether you win or lose you will feel remorse (regret for not taking the full gain after the price rise), so we must be satisfied Smiley
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 02:18:16 PM

If the price don't drop to $4k, they may be buying back but as of now some are still hoping $4k for its buying price. Once they feel its not going down due to the upcoming halving they'd come running back to bid the current price.  A tricky market when fuds are fed to writers who are also expecting profits after a dump.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 09:15:17 PM

Absolutely, anybody who believes in bitcoin investment would definitely take advantage of this dump in the price of bitcoin to purchase more in order to double his profits once the crypto market bounces back again. I remember when I took half of my salary and bought bitcoin when it reduced to $5k. I am into profits already at this level but I am waiting till $10K then i can decide to start selling.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
bithisach

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 09:29:58 PM

According to reports by Arcane Research, Holders are buying based on their metrics, Hodler Net Position Change.

Pretty obvious though, I mean if you are a long term HODLer, you are waiting for this kind of opportunity to fill in your bags and accumulating. And probably those who have sold-off during the panic has somewhat regret their decision to do so.

As I said in another thread, I personally did, yes. And sold today just to have some extra cash to weather the comming shitshow. A global recession might be coming at us so we have to be careful.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 09:32:01 PM

Experienced holders must have seen the price drop in the past March 12-13 as a great opportunity to fill their bags with fantastic discounts. This is very good for increasing profits because the chances of a bounce are very high. It didn't take long, because a few days later the crypto market began to show lots of green candles, crypto enthusiasts cheered.

Absolutely, anybody who believes in bitcoin investment would definitely take advantage of this dump in the price of bitcoin to purchase more in order to double his profits once the crypto market bounces back again. I remember when I took half of my salary and bought bitcoin when it reduced to $5k. I am into profits already at this level but I am waiting till $10K then i can decide to start selling.
The right step with a clear target. I salute the people who have the attitude and hold the principle, the key is to remain calm and not easily panic. That is, if we apply the right investment strategy, every risk can be minimized and not easy to panic.

Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 11:14:28 PM

Lots of people have been waiting for Bitcoin to dump and they jumped at the opportunity to bag lots of Bitcoin.

People who have known Bitcoin for long know that the price will rise back, it's mostly newbies who panick sell and would later regret it.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
maskforbitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 12:25:16 AM

Let's hope this year's halve will drive the price up
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 01:11:52 AM

Let's hope this year's halve will drive the price up

Well, it did affect the price of Bitcoin positively in the past years and people are looking forward to it this upcoming month. We are not expecting a big price increase or a pump but just a good push to start the bullish market that everyone is waiting for a while and for those people that missed the recent 5-digit price.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 01:13:35 AM

A bad market is a good opportunity for holders to accumulate the amount of bitcoin they have. Because when the market crashes in part
people will panic and sell their bitcoin at cheap prices. Here there will be opportunities to buy bitcoin at cheap prices, so don't miss out
the opportunity to be able to buy bitcoin at cheap prices.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 01:24:18 AM

I tried to catch the bottom but due to me sending money through a bank, I missed it by a few days. Next time there's such a magnificent dip, I'll use a faster method. I'm happy for the little extra BTC I accumulated.

Remember even if you only get 1 bitcent, It still makes you a satoshi millionaire.

A million satoshis for the price of around 60 dollars sounds a lot better than 6000 for a bitcoin. I guess my psychology is a little primitive. Maybe a few years from now, we'll know how much of a bargain this really was.

Edit: Also this bitcoin halving is exciting as we'll finally have low inflation for the first time.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 02:01:49 AM

A bad market is a good opportunity for holders to accumulate

I am started to think of adding some btc on mu portfolio, but too bad it is now worth $6k above again, if you buy at the lowest bottom during the one night crash, you already gain almost 50% of the profit since then and increasing as price surge back close to $7k. I am regretting of not buying as I can earned decent profit. But its okay there is always a next time. Lesson learned save some fiat on the rainy season just like the last time btc price drop hard. Fundamentals such as pandemic news will now be a factor as market indicator. So if ever there is a virus incoming you already know what will happened.
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 02:09:30 AM

A bad market is a good opportunity for holders to accumulate

I am started to think of adding some btc on mu portfolio, but too bad it is now worth $6k above again, if you buy at the lowest bottom during the one night crash, you already gain almost 50% of the profit since then and increasing as price surge back close to $7k. I am regretting of not buying as I can earned decent profit. But its okay there is always a next time. Lesson learned save some fiat on the rainy season just like the last time btc price drop hard. Fundamentals such as pandemic news will now be a factor as market indicator. So if ever there is a virus incoming you already know what will happened.

Missed it by a few days as well, but I was able to get around that $4.2k range, so it's all good.

I don't know if there is another opportunity such as that in the next coming weeks, I think btc will be stable around the $6k-$7k range already.

@MCobian - yes, others say that it is bad to see the market getting red with -50%-60% tops, but for smart investors, this is what they've been waiting for, so obviously, not only HODLers, but even average joe will immediately bought btc in a flash crash.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x