Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Novacash (NOVA)  (Read 788 times)
novacash (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 07:02:45 AM

What's written in the status bar (footer) of the Novacash Gallery application? "NOT connected to Novacash Core Wallet" not "Cnnected to Novacash Core Wallet?
Coonected, i told you i was able to download pic and recive reward

Some additional thoughts:
- If you change the configuration either in Novacash Gallery or Novacash Core Wallet, you need to restart the applications
- The RPC username and the RPC password must be identical in the Novacash Gallery and Novacash Core Wallet configuration file (but I assume you already checked this)
sure
NEXT STEPS:
I'm going to implement some diagnose functions into Novacash Gallery to check connections to the Novacash Core Wallet. I hope this way we can localize the problem. Give me a few hours to do this. I'll let you know once a new version is available.

Thank you very much in supporting us to fix the problem. We'll send you some reward coins :-)
uaw, take toy time find this bug 💪

I've prepared a new version with a Core Wallet diagnose tool. I will include the diagnose tool into the official version later after successful tests. The version can be downloaded here:
https://www.novabit.cash/downloads/novacash-gallery-win64-diagnose.zip
You seem to work with Windows, so I've prepared a Win64 version.

To open the diagnose tool, press [Ctrl]+[d]. You should see the following screen:

You find a drop down box called "Command List". In the list you find 3 commands the Novacash Core Application is using to request data from the Core Wallet.

"getbalance":
Used to check connection to the Core Wallet, and ask for balance. Since you can connect to the Core Wallet I would assume you get a proper response when executing the command.

"getaccountaddress":
Used to retrieve the Novacash address to receive rewards (photo upload, curate photos). Since this works for you as well, I would assume you get a proper response, too.

"getinfo":
Used to display the Wallet Information. This does not work in your case. Either we get an error here when executing then command. That would give me some hints. If we get a proper response then the error occurs in parsing of the response. If you send me the response I can fix the issue.

Could you execute all 3 commands, and send me reponses? Either on this channel, or via support@novabit.cash.

I hope we can localize the problem now.

Thank you very much! (some coins are on the way …)
Send you a DM with resalts.
Problem is found and fixed. A new version can be downloaded at the end of today. Building and testing for all different platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX) takes some time. Main functionality is not impacted by this bug. Only retrieving some wallet information is affected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 07:19:56 AM

Glad you solve it fast 👍

novacash (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 08:37:52 PM

New Novacash Gallery Release (1.0.2)

A new version of Novacash Gallery (1.0.2) is available. This is a mandatory update.

Changes
  • Submitted photo count in status bar of application
  • Fix: Sometimes Wallet Information was not working as expected

Please download latest version from:
https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7516.html
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 06:56:33 AM

New Novacash Gallery Release (1.0.2)

A new version of Novacash Gallery (1.0.2) is available. This is a mandatory update.

Changes
  • Submitted photo count in status bar of application
  • Fix: Sometimes Wallet Information was not working as expected

Please download latest version from:
https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7516.html

Now its showing wallet information when pressing button in aplication, good job dev 👍💪

zdeni82

Activity: 912
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 08:43:24 AM

I spent all my credits. How to earn them?
novacash (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2020, 04:27:49 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 02:42:01 PM by mprep

I spent all my credits. How to earn them?
About Curator Credits

Acutally you cannot earn them! You lose them!  Smiley

We want to have only high quality photos in our Novacash system. Curators review every submitted photos. They accept photos only if certain criteria are met. Everyone can become a curator, and earn rewards. But we want the curators to be trustful. That's why curators need to register. We want that curators take their job serious.

The Novacash Gallery infrastructure has some built in quality checks. Every new curator starts with 3 credits. From time to time you will be selected for a random examination. If you fail the examination, one credit will be deducted. Once all credits have been deducted, you are no longer allowed to curate photos.

When applying for a curator, you agree to evaluate the photo according the following rules:
https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7524.html

We're fine with reassigning you the credits if you confirm to take the review serious.

We plan to update our website with additional information about the quality attributes very soon.

Terms & Conditions for uploading photos to Novacash network

We have introduced Terms & Conditions for uploading photos to Novacash network. One major goal is to offer high quality photos for our Novacash community. These Terms & Conditions help us to achieve this goal.

See here:
https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7526.html

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 10:50:01 PM

What is the supply of this coin?
novacash (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 06:25:59 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 02:42:20 PM by mprep

What is the supply of this coin?
Coin Supply: 10,000,049,949

10,000,000,000 NOVA coins were created at launch. There is no classical mining (e.g. Bitcoin) in Novacash. Because we think mining is a waste of resources! Many other popular coins like Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XLM), Neo (NEO) or NEM (XEM), created all coins at launch. The created coins can be seen as usability tokens, and will be used to pay artists/curators (Creative Commons Sharing Platform "Gallery"), storage providers, etc. Many new features and services will be based on these "pre-created" usability tokens in the near future.

See coin specifications here:
https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7514.html

We are very much on track with our roadmap! We will publish a roadmap status update end of April 2020!

We have approved a secret project! It is included into our Q2 roadmap! Stay tuned  Smiley

moroz 45

Activity: 664
Merit: 150

LastChance is a decentralized crypto auction site

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 09:19:09 PM

I tried to sync the gallery with my wallet 2 times and both times were unsuccessful, and I get an error. In the configuration, I registered it, as it is written in the instructions, still does not see the wallet( Huh
novacash (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 08:30:41 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 02:44:32 PM by mprep

I tried to sync the gallery with my wallet 2 times and both times were unsuccessful, and I get an error. In the configuration, I registered it, as it is written in the instructions, still does not see the wallet( Huh
What exact error to do you get? Can you post a screenshot or send us a PM? You can also send it to support@novabit.cash.

The Novacash Core Wallet must run in server mode. And the Gallery application must be configured with identical rpc user name and rpc password.

Run Novacash Core Wallet in server mode

To run Novacash Core Wallet in server mode, complete the following steps:
  • From the "Tools" menu, choose the "Open Wallet Configuration" menu item. A text editor opens.
  • Copy the following lines to the configuration file:

rpcuser=rpc_novacash
rpcpassword=akoaJHF678aagaKekaGEp84934agja7ZIdfo
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
#===
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1

• Save the configuration file, and close the text editor.
  • Restart your Novacash Core Wallet.

Side comment: The password above is just an example. We recommend to change it. But make sure that you enter the same password in the Core Wallet and the Gallery application.

You can also edit the configuration file directly. It's called "novacash.conf".

NOTE: Do not delete existing lines. Just add the lines mentioned above.

If the Gallery application is connected to the Core wallet, you see "Connected to the Novacash Core Wallet" in the status line of the Gallery application.
If the Gallery application is NOT connected to the Core wallet, you see "NOT connected to the Novacash Core Wallet" in the status line of the Gallery application.

Configure Novacash Gallery

To connect to the Novacash Core Wallet, Novacash Gallery needs to be configured the first time. Please execute the following steps:

• Start Novacash Gallery if not already done.
  • Click on the Application Settings button (the button with the gears image). The Application Settings dialog opens.
  • In the Wallet configuration, enter the same RPC username and RPC password as you have entered in the Novacash Core Wallet.
  • Press the Accept button (the button with the checkmark image).
  • Press the Exit button (the button with the door image).
  • Restart Novacash Gallery.

NOTE: Start first the Core Wallet. Then the Gallery Application. Both programs must run at the same time!

Hope this helps you.

Outlook: Once the Light Wallet is available (end of Q2), it will be integrated into the Gallery application. Then you don't need to run the Core Wallet in parallel necessarily.

Novacash Airdrop Bounty Closed

All users who submitted photos in April got paid 4 additional NOVAs per photo today!

Thank you very much for participating!

novacash (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2020, 04:11:15 PM

New Version Novacash Gallery 1.0.3

A new version of Novacash Gallery application is available (v1.0.3). Novacash Core does NOT need to be updated.

Changes:

NEW: Photo can be manipulated before submitting (Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Rotate Right, Auto Contrast, Undo)
NEW: Curator may want to edit photo attributes or manipulate photo before accepting
NEW: New photo preview window
NEW: Size of photo and dimension are displayed in curator view
FIX: "Invalid Pointer" under some circumstances in search image when thumbnail could not have been downloaded
FIX: Various other small bug fixes

Download latest version from https://www.novabit.cash/pages/7516.html
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: