Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to escape loss as an altcoin trader  (Read 1143 times)
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 11:21:21 PM

Why is it possible? The fact that staying in USDT is much more safe rather than staying in cryptocurrency as it can be affected by the volatility of the coin itself. The only exchange sites that has fiat option are big exchange sites. I think that you must understand about the regulation that already applied when an exchange site tried to create fiat pair.
The USDT has more disadvantages which have not been explained here well. It is not easy to buy the fiat in the recession economic conditions due to the lack of fundamental background of stable altcoins.  The USDT price has falt to $0.8 years ago and there is no guarantee this process will not repeat itself in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 11:53:05 PM

If you are passionate about hodling bitcoin, always convert to usdt or other stable coins and be patient for a fair entry point. Because the market isn't running away
If you are trading you usually convert into dollars or any stable currency before entering again, what is the big doubt here as that is how everyone is trading. I used to trade in alt coins when it was profitable and i usually convert them into bitcoin simply because that was my end goal to accumulate bitcoin but if you are trading bitcoin you usually look for a stable coin and wait for the right opportunity to invest back again.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 01:16:42 AM

I want to assume that there are few people, who make several profits from trading altcoins, but sell their profit to bitcoin, and then over time while holding bitcoin, it dumps and their profits dips alongside bitcoin.

Why not do it this way ?
Since you trade mostly in altcoins, as soon as your make your profits, sell them to stable coins or fiats, close that trade chapter.

If you are passionate about hodling bitcoin, always convert to usdt or other stable coins and be patient for a fair entry point. Because the market isn't running away

What do you think everyone ? is there a better pattern that can be practiced?

I am open to more suggestions.

You have a good point trading now is all about exit and entry point since we already have a stable coin to rely on in case the market is dropping, I have a friend who actually does this, all you need is timing, you must be aware of the market condition, so you'll know the right move to exit and make an entry, we have a stable coin to rely on on those scenarios.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 01:29:26 AM

I want to assume that there are few people, who make several profits from trading altcoins, but sell their profit to bitcoin, and then over time while holding bitcoin, it dumps and their profits dips alongside bitcoin.

Why not do it this way ?
Since you trade mostly in altcoins, as soon as your make your profits, sell them to stable coins or fiats, close that trade chapter.

When we have profits we should convert our coins to stable coins or fiat to keep revenue.
I have a strategy that you would love. Only for traders who can watch market carefully and continuously. It's for Altcoins/USDT  trading pair. When you catch an increasing wave, find a good entry and get out when you have 5% profit. Wait for another trade and another wave. This type of trade will minimum your loss, it's very easy to take 5% in a bull waves of altcoins.

lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 01:35:30 AM

Your idea is good for traders that already contented to their profit, converting it to fiat is like an exit point. But if you're going to trade again and want to hold a certain coin for long period I think bitcoin is the best option. I prefer to hold my converted alts in btc rather than a stable coin because holding btc is profitable as well, I have an option if I will stay my capital to btc or buy alts if I see an opportunity to take advantage the dip. Plus most alts are just following the price of btc so its easy to buy alts using this.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 04:51:13 AM

You need to keep one side of the trade fixed. Maybe USDT can be a reference for that. But I think this is what most people are doing and its nothing new.

Just one coin to convert to is enough. But this is going to be a bit problematic if you are changing like Altcoin>Bitcoin>USDT. Instead just sell the altcoin for USDT because its price is fixed. Then buy bitcoin when bitcoin's price against USD decreases. This micromanagement is essential to keep track and becoming tired of it will not help.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 04:55:46 AM

As a trader there are limits to what you should do on your profit/loss statement. If you are keep losing with alts maybe there is something wrong with your style, having said that could result to more losses instead of gains. Altcoin is very risky and we must have extra careful in dealing with them on the market. Once you got profits, dont be greedy on not letting it go. Win is win, and we should be contended with the ROI we achieved. Most losers, loss more due to their greediness. Instead of selling they are holding to seek more profits. Not a good traits of a wise trader.

reallester

Activity: 646
Merit: 102

http://Moonbet.io

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 05:05:15 AM

Why not do it this way ?

Trade can not be sweet if there are no gains and losses. Hence, losses are inevitable as a trader. However, we just have to ensure that losses incired are minimal. As a trader one can still escape loss by shunning total greed. A lot of people or let me say traders are blinded by greed. This has led many traders to great losses. Therefore, if greed can be prevented such trade would be better safe.

hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 05:18:47 AM

To escape or reduce losses, you need volume. And this important indicator has to be taken into account at beginnings when you want to trade or invest with any altcoins. With low volume, you are facing challenges to take profits and in worse situation more difficult to cut losses.
Im also an altcoin trader but im also using bitcoin and USDT as the main pair to trade every day.
Trading with USDT pairs will help to keep your balance stronger and less be affected by pumps of bitcoin. In many market conditions, when bitcoin pumps altcoins dump in Alt/BTC pairs but their prices increase with Alt/USDT pairs.
What you are talking about is called profit-taking, but it is only indirectly associated with reduced losses in trading.
After all, in addition to taking profits, you may have unprofitable transactions and this is the very thing that will take the most money from you, more than market fluctuations.
I guess OP and others talked about both - profit-taking and lose-cutting (I could be wrong). In all of twos, good volume is vital no matter how volatile the market is if your coins don't have good volume you will get losses (from profits or from your loses) due to big gaps of price on exchanges.

In a nutshell, before investing, take a look at (in orders):
- Price trend (price history)
- Current price
- Regular volume (should be enough for escape - profit taking or loss-cutting).

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 05:24:57 AM

This is because most of the time when you convert your Altcoins into bitcoin the price sometimes rises and you will earn a decent amount of income as well. But when you convert it to stable coins the price stays and if the price of bitcoin increases the price of stable coins doesn't move. Many investors are not moved by this kind of risk, even though they already know the outcome of their assets when the bitcoin price has fallen, they still convert their Altcoins to bitcoin because Bitcoin price will recover at any time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 05:25:59 AM

It still won't escape or reduce losses but I'm saying this is still one of the best ways at this time (especially active traders) to be able to calculate profit and loss for certainty in a trading portfolio by exchanging profits with other altcoins.

Some traders are still overcome by the desire that to get more profits must have more capital by using the results of the previous profits entirely in one type of altcoin so they can not determine which initial capital and which profits they get during that period.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 05:33:38 AM

Not as easy as you say, a trader always takes risks and there is no right way to avoid losses in trading. but basically is buying low and selling when prices are high, that's all you can possibly do when trading and to find a safe point possible by converting in the form of stable coins such as USDT or USDC.

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 05:41:43 AM

Why not do it this way ?

You have a very nice advise but still we can not really ruleout the role of emotion and greed. This two play significant roles in trading. It does not matter the coins or assets you are trading but what matter is the strategy and how you were able to build confidence in trading without fear or greed.
BRODIN

Activity: 655
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 06:12:39 AM

being a trader you need to strengthen mentally, be patient, not greedy, not panic and can also observe the coin price chart in order to determine the right time to sell. it is not easy for us to take this part especially for ordinary people like me who have a lot to learn before taking action in trading.

BTC ETH TEN
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 06:21:42 AM

a trader if you want to be successful in trading, you must at least understand how to do technical price analysis or use fundamental factors, there are many strategies such as trading arbitrage or waiting for signals in a telegram group.
what is clear is not just based on feeling alone but use existing support capabilities.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 01:13:45 PM

a trader if you want to be successful in trading, you must at least understand how to do technical price analysis or use fundamental factors, there are many strategies such as trading arbitrage or waiting for signals in a telegram group.
what is clear is not just based on feeling alone but use existing support capabilities.
Those things are just basics that you need to learn as a trader, what actually will improve your skills in trading is your experience.
By observing the market being a trader, you will know its nature, how the market will move and that will help you make a wiser decision.
This market is very unpredictable to newbie but for people with experience, they know it very well, TA alone would not help us to succeed, its the experience that is a necessary tool also.

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 05:27:14 PM

being a trader you need to strengthen mentally, be patient, not greedy, not panic and can also observe the coin price chart in order to determine the right time to sell. it is not easy for us to take this part especially for ordinary people like me who have a lot to learn before taking action in trading.
it always sounds very interesting. but as a rule, the emotions of unexperienced people are stronger than they can imagine and therefore they lose a lot of money. therefore, I always say that if a person is not able and has not worked as a trader for at least 3-4 years, then he should not trade cryptocurrency

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 06:02:47 PM

Why not do it this way ?

Your strategy is perfect. This is what I also do a few times that I have traded. Sell off and then convert to a stablecoin. I like to use Tether as my stablecoin of choice. Also, I can peg whatever token on buy order and allow it to trigger when price get there.
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 10:17:03 PM

Many lost even their profits and capital out of greed, u do the people if which I was a victim to always sell thier profits and close the trading then use initial capital for another trading but hopefully a new coin not already traded. Most second entries of same coins do end up dumping on you. Let's learn to take profits

oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 03:17:55 AM

Why not do it this way ?

Always profits isn't dips alongside Bitcoin, sometimes increase. 3 step before hold any Bitcoin or any stable coin. What was the market conditions, running condition and then guess for future. Bitcoin hit 13k USD, now in 6-7k USD, future could be pump. I suggest you to better stay in Bitcoin, at least until third halving.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: