Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COVID-19] Folding@Crypto.Games ~ 0.4 BTC rewards, 0.04 BTC donated [Closed]  (Read 3572 times)
Bizi

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:49:15 AM

Thank U all guys!!! Got it!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2020, 11:16:55 AM

Payment received (actually still unconfirmed, but whatever).

I have a couple of doubts regarding fees tough. I had a balance of 0.01250046; and used the minimum fee crypto-games allowed; roughly 20.000 satoshi. But when I check the transaction details at the block explorer; I see that the fee paid is 5046 satoshi, and AFAIK there is no site fee on withdrawals; so.... what is going on?

It'd also be nice to see the fee in satoshi/byte instead of satoshis in the withdrawal window

cancerbola

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Supermutated Virulent Microbial Strain

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 01:34:33 PM

I'm also curious about withdrawal fees- does it depend on the size of the mempool as well? These past few days it's been quite high (50+ sat/byte) but it's come back down to 15 sat atm so I was wondering if we can choose an even lower tx fee than the one offered.

Actually from what csmiami said above, withdrawal txs are already paying ~15 sats/byte but us users are still paying higher so I guess that's what he's asking about.
IceVirus

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 03:25:49 PM

I want to thank all the Staff members and Mods of CryptoGames for putting this together, not only was it fun but it was for a great cause as well!
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 05:46:36 AM
Merited by xandry (1), Crypto.Games (1)

Payment received (actually still unconfirmed, but whatever).

I have a couple of doubts regarding fees tough. I had a balance of 0.01250046; and used the minimum fee crypto-games allowed; roughly 20.000 satoshi. But when I check the transaction details at the block explorer; I see that the fee paid is 5046 satoshi, and AFAIK there is no site fee on withdrawals; so.... what is going on?

It'd also be nice to see the fee in satoshi/byte instead of satoshis in the withdrawal window

If you check, I bet the fee paid was 20 sats/byte (20k sats/kb) which is what the fee setting actually talks about. Sites generally don't have 1 input and 1 output transactions either - perhaps one person deposited many times and lost, and maybe Crypto-Games needs to send a 10 input transaction. It's really unreasonable to ask players to pay that and it adds a high level of RNG for something that should be constant.

I'd estimate that considering all fees over a long period of time, their profit is near zero.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 10:29:46 AM

---
It was actually 13 satoshi/byte on a 2 segwit input to 1 segwit output tx. The fee didn't change when the amount to be withdrawn was modified, so my guessing is that the tx size is not taken into account when doing withdrawals. I understand that it's impossible to use a 100% accurate fee when the site is dealing with many deposits and withdrawals and the process is most likely automated, but I also think there's room for improvement.

It's not really fair to pay 4 times the actual tx fee, and even if I understand that doing that many withdrawals with different variables could lead to the site loosing funds on the long run, fees could be a little bit more dynamic...

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 05:29:14 PM

---
It was actually 13 satoshi/byte on a 2 segwit input to 1 segwit output tx. The fee didn't change when the amount to be withdrawn was modified, so my guessing is that the tx size is not taken into account when doing withdrawals. I understand that it's impossible to use a 100% accurate fee when the site is dealing with many deposits and withdrawals and the process is most likely automated, but I also think there's room for improvement.

It's not really fair to pay 4 times the actual tx fee, and even if I understand that doing that many withdrawals with different variables could lead to the site loosing funds on the long run, fees could be a little bit more dynamic...
Sorry, I mistyped in my original post. I meant to say that it should have been 20 satoshi/vbyte (or 5 satoshis/WU) which I bet it was. Certain aspects of transaction data are weighted differently (hence the switch to WU) since the Segwit soft fork and it is no longer accurate to use satoshis/byte. Most people use it to refer to satoshis/vbyte now which is reflective of what is actually happening.

Crypto-Games could have 1 BTC inputs, and 0.001 BTC inputs. Withdraw size wouldn't really matter in that case, but of course the smaller inputs do need to be spent (and go towards smaller withdraws).

Let's say that Crypto-Games was lacking on large inputs, and needed to use 11 inputs at around 0.01 BTC each to pay a 0.1 BTC withdraw. Would you consider it more fair to have some users pay fees for a 1180 byte transaction, and other users pay for a 280 byte transaction (2 inputs 2 outputs)? Would you personally be willing to pay 4 times the fee just to get the same sat/byte as other users?

Welcome to withdraw fees from any site that isn't a personal wallet that you have full control over. If they don't subsidize withdraw fees or offering batching as an option, this is usually what you end up with.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 05:56:31 PM

----
5.63 satoshi/WU; so close enough. I think it's pretty obvious that I don't like tha fact that I'm paying 4 times my tx fee; and I believe that each transaction should be considered individually. I also understand that it would  take a significant effort both to program a script to check the addresses that have deposit funds, and cross check them with the amount some user wants to withdraw in order to make it the most efficient way. Alternatively, they could consolidate those small inputs whenever fees are low, but that would also be hand-made (I believe; not really familiar with how automation programs work) and it may not be worth the effort to the site.

I believe that each transaction should pay the fees depending on that transaction, and not a general fee to cover different cases, but being a centralized service; I can either choose to use it and complain/request changes, or not use it at all.

The original idea of putting a reward for users participating in F@H was really great, and I'm not really complaining about them paying us when they had no obligation to do so; but it's something I'd suggest/complain about even if there was no promotion

Lutpin (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 12:38:18 PM

Rainbow Squad had collected 0.042BTC in rewards that were to be donated. Those donations have now been made as well.
They amounted to ~$380, which have been evenly split between
DirectRelief,
MSF and
Project CURE.

Please understand that since I had to make those donations from my personal card, I can't show the full receipts for them on here.
If you have any questions about the Rainbow squad donations, feel free to ask.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀