Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 281 blocks solved!  (Read 88000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (20 posts by 4+ users deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 03:18:19 AM

Does the incorrect timestamp affect my mining in anyway?
Absolutely not.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 11:07:08 AM

now i want to know if my luck is above average or worse than the probability.

You can only know your luck status AFTER you hit a block, anything that happens before that means absolutely nothing, if the current diff is 1000 and your share is 999 it doesn't mean your luck is 99%, remember that every share your miner/s submit is completely independent and has nothing "not the smallest thing" to do with the share it's going to submit next, this makes estimating the time that a relatively small miner needs to hit a block hardly accurate, don't bother with these numbers unless for fun.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 01:57:31 PM

now i want to know if my luck is above average or worse than the probability.

You can only know your luck status AFTER you hit a block, anything that happens before that means absolutely nothing, if the current diff is 1000 and your share is 999 it doesn't mean your luck is 99%, remember that every share your miner/s submit is completely independent and has nothing "not the smallest thing" to do with the share it's going to submit next, this makes estimating the time that a relatively small miner needs to hit a block hardly accurate, don't bother with these numbers unless for fun.

Thanks of the info.
Wuerger

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 04:35:30 PM

I think that's the solution.

It's a linear relationship, so take the time needed for a block from the solochance site and ratio that with the time you run your miner vs. its best share and see if you're "lucky" during the time you are calculating this. (Vroob)
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 11:38:17 PM

It's a linear relationship, so take the time needed for a block from the solochance site and ratio that with the time you run your miner vs. its best share and see if you're "lucky" during the time you are calculating this. (Vroob)

It's not, the term "best share" is misunderstood and this is probably how you came up with this "solution" which I have to sadly inform you that it is wrong.

Your miner's first submitted share can be diff-1, or in plain English the closest to hitting a block without solving it, and then it mines for twice the "projected" time and still never finds a block, on the other hand,  your miner can mine for a year with the best share not being remotely close to a quarter of the difficulty at any given time, and then out of nowhere - it hits 2 blocks in a row!!. There is absolutely no linear relationship between your actual luck and the best share you submit, in fact, there is no relationship between your luck in hitting the first block and your luck in the second block.

Remember that POW has no record or memory of your previous shares, whether it's 1 or diff-1 it doesn't matter, it's like rolling a dice, every single roll is completely independent of both the past and future once.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rasmukri

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 06:04:22 AM

Your miner's first submitted share can be diff-1, or in plain English the closest to hitting a block without solving it, and then it mines for twice the "projected" time and still never finds a block, on the other hand,  your miner can mine for a year with the best share not being remotely close to a quarter of the difficulty at any given time, and then out of nowhere - it hits 2 blocks in a row!!. There is absolutely no linear relationship between your actual luck and the best share you submit, in fact, there is no relationship between your luck in hitting the first block and your luck in the second block.

Remember that POW has no record or memory of your previous shares, whether it's 1 or diff-1 it doesn't matter, it's like rolling a dice, every single roll is completely independent of both the past and future once.

EXACTLY!!!!
When I "hit" that block but didn't actually get it due to server issues, (sorry to bring up old shit, but it's relevant and I'm drunk) I had only been mining on the solo Pool for a few weeks and my miner had just been power cycled 13 hours before it "hit". So it's all a lottery and luck is what it is and apparently I have none bit I'm stimm here solo mining at 125th/s hoping to hit again and actually hit it this time now that we have a better server. Odds say it'll be 18 years for me to get a block but like I said I sorta got one without actually getting one after only a few weeks. (It was before the halving and I'm still salty and will prob be salty for a long time, bit I digress) it's all the luck of the draw it was my S9 that did it too, so even old miners with low hash rates can find something if it's your chance to be lucky. If I was to point my stuff at a pool it doesn't make squat so I'm hoping for a lottery win on the solo still.
Wuerger

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 06:49:09 AM

Thanks to all

For example:
Farm A has 1000 Miner with 50TH per Miner.

Farmer B has only 1 Miner with 50 TH

Farmer A starts the machines. After a week he calculates the average (best-share) with all machines. M1+M2+M3…. :1000
Result = xxxxxxx

How can Farmer B xxxxxxx calculate, to check e.g. whether his miner is working properly?

Hit a Block or not is not the question.

Sorry for my bad english
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 09:43:45 AM

Luck at solo mining is 100% aka finding a block or not and resets every block.

I saw pool operators plot there luck level against the time needed to mine a block on a chart to give a idea how 'lucky' they were.
But as mikeywith said you only know it afterwards.

I hope i get your question correct.
They can scratch as fast at the same diff but farmer B submit 1 ticket and farmer A 1000

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 11:34:48 AM

Thanks to all

For example:
Farm A has 1000 Miner with 50TH per Miner.

Farmer B has only 1 Miner with 50 TH

Farmer A starts the machines. After a week he calculates the average (best-share) with all machines. M1+M2+M3…. :1000
Result = xxxxxxx

How can Farmer B xxxxxxx calculate, to check e.g. whether his miner is working properly?

To check if your miner is working properly you can simply watch the pool status, that's the only way to tell, in your example, Farm B can have a higher "best share" than farm A despite it being 1 miner vs 10000, best shares DON"T matter at all, it's the number of shares that matters, Farm A submits 99900% more shares and thus "statistically" miner B has 0.1% the chance of hitting a block compared to miner A, B or A's best share mean nothing to their chances of hitting a block.

Here is a comparison between S17+ and S17 pro , 70th vs 50th

50th best share:

70th best share:

Notice how best share of 50th is almost 61 million higher, one of my S9s hit 121980528868 which is way more than any of my S17 pros or S17+ ever hit, this does not mean S9 is luckier than the rest, because it has yet to find a block.

TL;DR

There is really nothing to calculate, you could pray or light a candle and hope for your 100th to hit a block, that's all I can think of  Grin, now numbers aside, since your miner managed to hit a block "sadly it didn't go through" I "assume" you are luckier than most of us here, been hitting the solo pool for years and was never even close.  Roll Eyes

Good luck, mine on. Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 12:26:17 PM

I've created a script for Ubuntu (suggest 20.04) or Debian linux which should automate the setup, configuration, and install of a ckproxy to mine on the solo pool, though you can edit it afterwards to mine wherever you like. I do not suggest using something like an RPi as you want reasonable performance from your proxy to avoid any added latency.

Download the following script:
Code:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/soloproxy/setupsoloproxy.sh

It will not be directly executable, so execute it with
Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

And follow the prompts. Tell me how you go.

Nice work CK this will help a lot of people who may have struggles to build the proxy from the source top work!
Thanks.

So has anyone actually tried it? I haven't had any feedback about whether it works yet...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
SandDude
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 01:02:20 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

I've created a script for Ubuntu (suggest 20.04) or Debian linux which should automate the setup, configuration, and install of a ckproxy to mine on the solo pool, though you can edit it afterwards to mine wherever you like. I do not suggest using something like an RPi as you want reasonable performance from your proxy to avoid any added latency.

Code:

Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

Nice work CK this will help a lot of people who may have struggles to build the proxy from the source top work!
Thanks.

So has anyone actually tried it? I haven't had any feedback about whether it works yet...

I loaded Ubuntu server on one of my computers, and am in the process of downloading the blockchain. I plan on using it as a test bench (I primarily want to play with Stratum V2), but I'll run your script in the next day or so, and let you know how it goes.
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 05:46:49 PM

Code:

Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

Thanks.

ok so when you first posted this i tried it and failed multiple times, of course i had consumed adult beverages and that was the problem.
saw your post now so i reattempted it as per your written intstructions  Shocked  and ofcourse it started right up   
so only typing ckproxy is needed for passthrough mode?   i dont need the -A -p stuff?
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1474

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 06:37:33 PM

Code:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/[b]soloproxy[/b]/setupsoloproxy.sh
ok so when you first posted this i tried it and failed multiple times, of course i had consumed adult beverages and that was the problem.
saw your post now so i reattempted it as per your written intstructions  Shocked  and ofcourse it started right up  
so only typing ckproxy is needed for passthrough mode?   i dont need the -A -p stuff?
No, you don't need that.

This is not the passthrough mode of ckpool, this is a proxy to solo.
You get mixed up with the ckpool program.

This is a special proxy program wich get startet as proxy:
Code:
Enter the soloproxy-0.9.5 directory and start ckproxy by typing 'ckproxy' 

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
Wuerger

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 06:56:27 PM

There is really nothing to calculate on Solochance and the site is for nothing. Grin

Reason: You can hit a block in an hour or in 500 years.
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 07:04:43 PM

Code:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/[b]soloproxy[/b]/setupsoloproxy.sh
saw your post now so i reattempted it as per your written intstructions  Shocked  and ofcourse it started right up  
so only typing ckproxy is needed for passthrough mode?   i dont need the -A -p stuff?
No, you don't need that.

This is not the passthrough mode of ckpool, this is a proxy to solo.
You get mixed up with the ckpool program.

This is a special proxy program wich get startet as proxy:
Code:
Enter the soloproxy-0.9.5 directory and start ckproxy by typing 'ckproxy' 

Ah hah!  now i see  Grin
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1474

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 07:19:15 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2020, 07:29:54 PM by o_solo_miner

There is really nothing to calculate on Solochance and the site is for nothing. Grin

This is statistics, and easy to calculate:

average time to find a block @ 100% diff. in Seconds = Net difficulty * 2³² / Miner hashrate per Second

That is all, it did not predict a time when you will find a block.  Wink

und auf deutsch ginge das auch im childboard "Mining" hier:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=60.0

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 08:03:46 PM

This is statistics, and easy to calculate:

average time to find a block @ 100% diff. in Seconds = Net difficulty * 2³² / Miner hashrate per Second

I think he is being sarcastic, or maybe not, people confuse maths to statistics, and when the word "luck" gets thrown in the middle it makes things even more complicated, because "luck" as we know it, is far from statistics. It's hard to explain it but I guess an easy way to look at it is that probability and statistics "ensure" that "luck" remains close to 100% over time, this is the exact reason why we don't hit more blocks than antpool or f2pool, if it was pure luck and statistics meant nothing, no pool would offer PPS payments.

The difference between a large pool and a small miner is the good/bad luck ratio, a pool that should "statistically" hit a block every 10 hours, if his luck is 10% below 100% it simply means he will hit a block in 11 hours, for a single S9 100% luck is 154 years, so 10% below "projected" is only 15 years late as opposed to 1 hour.  Grin,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 03:51:31 PM

I point about 5th statistics say I will die before I hit a block with that.

As I type It is possible I hit two blocks back to back.

Lots of people don’t understand this.

To give a more concrete example.

I have a farm with 1ph or 200x 5th.

It has earned 10 btc since December of 2018.

Math or statistics say I could have pointed all that hash here and had about a 50-50 shot at a block.

thats why I point 5th here and 1ph at a different pool.

if i had 100 ph I would point 1 ph here and 99 ph at another pool.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
zarima1983

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 07:41:31 PM

hello all
i have a question,when i want to configure my miners on solo mining so how may i select a coin base address?i have select an used bitcoin address or an unused address?segwit format or each format?
please tell me anything i have notice for select a bitcoin address to configuration my miners for solo
thank you so much
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 07:58:03 PM

hello all
i have a question,when i want to configure my miners on solo mining so how may i select a coin base address?i have select an used bitcoin address or an unused address?segwit format or each format?
please tell me anything i have notice for select a bitcoin address to configuration my miners for solo
thank you so much

personally I like to use a legacy address to mine here.

You must have full control of the address.

So do you have a core wallet on your pc?

Do you have a hardware wallet like Trezor?

No other addresses are in your full control

I have a Coinbase account. I could use an address from my account.

But. Coinbase has the keys.  and if they fuck up you are screwed.

I could use my bittrex account. and they control that money. if they fuck up you are screwed.

This is the address I use

http://35.192.6.83:3000/d/JmhHccgGz/ck-pool-user-dashboard?orgId=1&refresh=1m&var-user=146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

and it is a legacy address on my trezor.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: