Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PI Network! A huge trap[Warning!]  (Read 10076 times)
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 04:02:09 PM

So is this shit stil alive or was it exit scammed finally?
TBH i've not heard a single peep or a PI shill in months, so i figured it just went away and people pretened it never existed

They are still alive and now they are asking to verify your name so you can own your coin, I missed verifying my PI because I stopped for two months already and I'm not going back gain and besides I need not worry if the coin is interesting it will have a heavy dump and I can buy from the market without giving my identity to the developers of this project.
piececollector

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 05:01:34 PM

TBH i've not heard a single peep or a PI shill in months, so i figured it just went away and people pretened it never existed

They are still alive and now they are asking to verify your name so you can own your coin, I missed verifying my PI because I stopped for two months already and I'm not going back gain and besides I need not worry if the coin is interesting it will have a heavy dump and I can buy from the market without giving my identity to the developers of this project.

Good idea... People are already losing interest that's one reason. I started Piece
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 02:45:52 PM

They are just going to surprised us,  those who mined this token will dump here I have some friends who continue to mine this token and their only motivation is they are just going to dump it when it hit the market, some of them are faking their credentials I hope PI Network will not ask for video KYC, that's way to risky.
btcltcdigger

Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 08:35:10 AM

Buy it? But why? What's the use of it? What's the purpose for this coin?
Show me one usecase where this can be a good deal.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 03:03:43 PM

I've got the website up and white paper for Piece

Go to www.pieceofpi.world

And why would we do that? Give us more details before we click any link.
With all that's happened lately, no one will blindly click on a potential phishing link. Even if it's as stupid as PI
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 03:25:06 PM

Give us more details before we click any link.

Makes me wonder.
piececollector

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 03:45:59 PM

I've got the website up and white paper for Piece

Go to www.pieceofpi.world

And why would we do that? Give us more details before we click any link.
With all that's happened lately, no one will blindly click on a potential phishing link. Even if it's as stupid as PI

Ya Pi Network muted me when I tried to promote this and help the network.  This is only the beginning of Piece. I'm not phishing I'm fa real about this... A lot of people dropped off the network because it's seems like it's not gonna be that good.  I see what they trying to do though but  they lost a lot of people . You know people are moving on to the  new year and leaving all the fake crap behind. But im investibg my own lil money and time into this too so I'm serious. They built something dope but I  think they might have dropped the ball  People need to move quicker but I understand with all the wack coins that look good and the scams. I been scammed multiple times but it's all a risk. I'm waiting on some hackers wish I could personally catch em. But I don't know where this is going to go but I know where I'm trying to take it I want this to be Bitcoins little brother. All the people who missed out even if I gotta do some crazy shhhh in public to get peoples attention I might lol. This is urgent I'm working on getting the block explorer and and chat app going. I'm goin to post videos of me in the streets with this so look out. Gotta hit the streets and the internet. Working on getting a node up too so people can just connect and start mining immediately.  Bitcoin is pretty much gone for the everyday people you still should get some but you need to have an whole coin or more. This is less coins and only 8 years so we can see what's going to happen while we are living. All respect to bitcoin but they on the way to the moon they went through years with it so they deserve it cuz I see how it is trying to get people to get involved but it's so much fake stuff goin on. Smh this might be something I'm trying to move quick.

So here's a coin that supports the Pi Network called Piece. Have A Piece!!!

pieceofpi.world (http://pieceofpi.world)

(https://i.ibb.co/92jfLXk/nsisheader.png) (FORUM: disabled on this page for security.)

Piece (Piece Of Pi) (Litecoin fork) (2020-2028)

Max Supply: 13,528,181
Block Reward: 1 Piece
Block Size: 600 Bytes
Block Halving: 2178892 blocks
Block Time: 4.2 seconds
Ports: Main - 2999 Test - 12999
Retarget time: 54.11 days
Algorithm: Scrypt

pieceofpi.world (http://pieceofpi.world) (coming soon)😊

Github

https://github.com/piecemaster/pieceup

btcltcdigger

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 10:04:11 AM

So basically another shitcoin like PI is? Trying to piggy back on "glory" of PI. If it can be called glory at all, more lake mock glory

No offence, but gtfo.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:48:16 PM

Why would anyone use this coin if it has smaller TPS capability than Bitcoin?

Because shitcoins.
Every 3rd world bounty hunter will get some in hopes of one day having huge profits, just to have yet another mallware on his phone collecting his data.
And yes, 90% of bounty hunters do it via smartphone, it's crazy
piececollector

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:10:22 PM

So basically another shitcoin like PI is? Trying to piggy back on "glory" of PI. If it can be called glory at all, more lake mock glory

No offence, but gtfo.

F U this is not a shhhh coin I wish you would try to say that to my face take it as an offense u GTFO
piececollector

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:13:54 PM

Because shitcoins.
Every 3rd world bounty hunter will get some in hopes of one day having huge profits, just to have yet another mallware on his phone collecting his data.

This is for the small everyday working class people it's about storing this digital gold. This is not a get rich quick thing. Average people can't afford  a whole Bitcoin
btcltcdigger

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:16:16 PM

Because shitcoins.

This is for the small everyday working class people it's about storing this digital gold. This is not a get rich quick thing. Average people can't afford  a whole Bitcoin

Who said you need a whole bitcoin? Who said everyone must be a millionaire?
It's not how all of this works. Some will get rich, true.
Some will get more money than they could by just working.
And some will get nothing.
And some will get shitcoin like PI and Piece
piececollector

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:28:32 PM

Only 600 bytes? At most, it only can store 3 transaction.

Good luck handling stale and oprhan block

On average, every 10 minute there will be 143 block mined, where maximum size of these 143 block is 85800 bytes (about 83.7 KB).

I think your calculations are wrong this coin is fast have you tried to use or mine it yet? It's still a baby so things will get better Ill remake the exe and scan. Still in the beta staging pretty much. When Bitcoin started. It was in beta stage have patients. I see that Pi Network and ya this is kinda piggy backin on the network because people have invested a lot of time. In Pi. And I think they might be dissappointed. Pi is a good idea but its built on the stellar blockchain. But I like stellar so far.
piececollector

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 11:51:03 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2021, 12:05:00 PM by piececollector

On average, every 10 minute there will be 143 block mined, where maximum size of these 143 block is 85800 bytes (about 83.7 KB).

I think your calculations are wrong this coin is fast have you tried to use or mine it yet?

1. If my calculation is wrong, prove it with correct calculation
2. I never say this coin is slow and i think 4.2s block time is too fast
3. My point is this coin have lower TPS than bitcoin because very low block size

ok

1. yea about 3 a second but 60 seconds divided by 4.2 is 14.28... so thats 14 blocks per minute at max 600 Bytes... with  a max standard transaction size of 60 so thats 10 transactions per block so 14 x 10 is 140 transactions a minute.  8400 transactions an hour the default max size is 40 Bytes so the numbers can be different. I think as the network gets bigger things will get better but the problem is things are moving faster than expected I can change the block size later but for now its suppose to be small because it moves so fast and if you read the white paper it says its for CPU but people arent going to follow the "rules". It could work on phones if EVERYBODY only used cell phones on the network or if their was away to limit the hashrate for mobile devices. but EVERYBODY is not going to follow the map because greed and the fact that its allocated or 'decentralized". people do what they want no regulation or KYC.

2. 10 minute block is way too slow all respect to bitcoin and litecoin but they are too slow when the network gets busy. all you want to but was a candy bar or even up to a bike you will be standing at  the counter for who knows how long. those are too small of transactions for the network. Even sending bitcoin to other people just to spread it is a nightmare. yo watch when the average person gets a hold of Bitcoin and starts trying to use it for the first time. they are not going to be happy with the speed. Its suppose to be Electronic cash so thats suppose to be fast as a debit card in my opinion. For store value yes but for spending everyday for quick payments no!!! same with Litecoin. people call it digital gold but in the white paper it says "electronic cash". lets face it nobody knew Bitcoin was going to be this big for a fact when it started. I didnt make Piece to big a big thing so fast you cant compare it to Bitcoin right now its still a baby seems like thats what people are trying to do. Bitcoin is the $hit especially if you got in early but not so good for late comers who have the same amount of money as thos in the beginning of Bitcoin some were homeless probably now look at them they stuck with it through the ups and downs. How many people gave up after mt Gox? or silk road? im goin of topic but its deep

3. Do you know ethereums block size is small like 20 to 30kb and they can handle more transactions per second than bitcoin am i wrong i could be pull up the numbers. But Ethers fees are wayyyyyyy too high when things get busy on the network I tried to buy a website with Ether for around 6 bucks but the fee was 4 bucks to send it SMH!! the top 4 coins (Bitcoin Ripple Litecoin Ether) have flaws especially for working class people. I think thats one reason why things get stalled sometimes but hey who am i?
piececollector

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:08:22 PM

I think your calculations are wrong this coin is fast have you tried to use or mine it yet?

1. If my calculation is wrong, prove it with correct calculation
2. I never say this coin is slow and i think 4.2s block time is too fast
3. My point is this coin have lower TPS than bitcoin because very low block size

this is bitcoins little baby brother just born the block size can increase later. I could increase the block size and lower the max transaction size to increase transactions per second but its about storing right now and later. STORE!!!
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2021, 01:00:18 PM

I agree 10 minutes are way too slow, but my point is 4.2s will reproduce many stale and orphan block which makes risky to accept transaction with very few confirmation.

On a side note, you don't need to wait 10 minutes by accepting 0-confirmation transaction (with few caveats) or use payment channel (such as LN).
One particular emphasis on this point is the notion of balancing security and speed. Ideally, a financial network would prioritize its security over its speed (and hopefully improve both). I don't see the purpose of using this secondary layer (lower block times) when one could simply create a layer on top of our pre-existing secure solution.

Also, wouldn't shorter block times reduce the impact of decentralization? You're looking for something that is secure, fast, and decentralized. Pick two.

piececollector

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:50:59 PM

1. yea about 3 a second but 60 seconds divided by 4.2 is 14.28... so thats 14 blocks per minute at max 600 Bytes... with  a max standard transaction size of 60 so thats 10 transactions per block so 14 x 10 is 140 transactions a minute.  8400 transactions an hour the default max size is 40 Bytes so the numbers can be different. I think as the network gets bigger things will get better but the problem is things are moving faster than expected I can change the block size later but for now its suppose to be small because it moves so fast and if you read the white paper it says its for CPU but people arent going to follow the "rules". It could work on phones if EVERYBODY only used cell phones on the network or if their was away to limit the hashrate for mobile devices. but EVERYBODY is not going to follow the map because greed and the fact that its allocated or 'decentralized". people do what they want no regulation or KYC.

Can you show me example of transaction with size 60 bytes? Based on my assumption, where the coin are fork of litecoin (which is based on bitcoin) and there's no cryptography change (which means the coin use ECDSA with secp256k1 as parameter), 60 bytes is simply impossible since the signature size alone is between 71-73 bytes.

2. 10 minute block is way too slow all respect to bitcoin and litecoin but they are too slow when the network gets busy. all you want to but was a candy bar or even up to a bike you will be standing at  the counter for who knows how long. those are too small of transactions for the network. Even sending bitcoin to other people just to spread it is a nightmare. yo watch when the average person gets a hold of Bitcoin and starts trying to use it for the first time. they are not going to be happy with the speed. Its suppose to be Electronic cash so thats suppose to be fast as a debit card in my opinion. For store value yes but for spending everyday for quick payments no!!! same with Litecoin. people call it digital gold but in the white paper it says "electronic cash". lets face it nobody knew Bitcoin was going to be this big for a fact when it started. I didnt make Piece to big a big thing so fast you cant compare it to Bitcoin right now its still a baby seems like thats what people are trying to do. Bitcoin is the $hit especially if you got in early but not so good for late comers who have the same amount of money as thos in the beginning of Bitcoin some were homeless probably now look at them they stuck with it through the ups and downs. How many people gave up after mt Gox? or silk road? im goin of topic but its deep

I agree 10 minutes are way too slow, but my point is 4.2s will reproduce many stale and orphan block which makes risky to accept transaction with very few confirmation.

On a side note, you don't need to wait 10 minutes by accepting 0-confirmation transaction (with few caveats) or use payment channel (such as LN).

3. Do you know ethereums block size is small like 20 to 30kb and they can handle more transactions per second than bitcoin am i wrong i could be pull up the numbers. But Ethers fees are wayyyyyyy too high when things get busy on the network I tried to buy a website with Ether for around 6 bucks but the fee was 4 bucks to send it SMH!! the top 4 coins (Bitcoin Ripple Litecoin Ether) have flaws especially for working class people. I think thats one reason why things get stalled sometimes but hey who am i?

1. Actually, average ethereum block size are higher (https://etherscan.io/chart/blocksize shows it's about 35-40KB in last few months) and gas size (which affect block size) is increased over time.
2. Ethereum have bigger TPS than Bitcoin because Ethereum could mine block with total size bigger than 1MB in 10 minutes. I don't even count uncle block.
3. Fees will be always high when there are more transaction on mempool than block could handle.

this is bitcoins little baby brother just born the block size can increase later. I could increase the block size and lower the max transaction size to increase transactions per second but its about storing right now and later. STORE!!!

I suggest you to emphasize this point since people who make calculation like me will lose interest to the coin.

People have yet to really test Bitcoin i cant wait intill paypal allows people to send. I want to see how Bitcoin can really handles orphan blocks.
You also have to remember that this coin only lasts 8 years. I wanted to accelerate the end of Bitcoin. this is an experiment like all of the cryptocurrencies so I understand your calculations need to be accurate. makes for a better protocol but not even Bitcoin was accurate in the beginning it was in beta mode. I want to see the network grow and transactions move on the block to really see things first. some improvement proposals would be good PIP's Grin
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 02:02:48 PM

There's one thing that OP is missing. Transactions are usually multi inputs and/or have multi output. If your block size can only accommodate a maximum of 3 transactions of which all are one inputs and one outputs, then you would have a very big privacy problem.

You can probably survive with 4.2 seconds on a very well connected network but if your network is initially small, there is definitely going to be a bunch of forks. Well, especially when you're mining on a phone. To anyone thinking about using this, I implore you to consider the cost of phones and it's degradation when subjected to prolonged high loads.

Bitcoin succeeded because it was the first and there were actual solutions made to combat current problems. Cheesy

Nothing to see here. Just another day in the shitcoin world.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
piececollector

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 02:46:20 PM

There's one thing that OP is missing. Transactions are usually multi inputs and/or have multi output. If your block size can only accommodate a maximum of 3 transactions of which all are one inputs and one outputs, then you would have a very big privacy problem.

You can probably survive with 4.2 seconds on a very well connected network but if your network is initially small, there is definitely going to be a bunch of forks. Well, especially when you're mining on a phone. To anyone thinking about using this, I implore you to consider the cost of phones and it's degradation when subjected to prolonged high loads.

Bitcoin succeeded because it was the first and there were actual solutions made to combat current problems. Cheesy

Nothing to see here. Just another day in the shitcoin world.

definitely talking way too soon smh lol thats good that it gets a bunch of forks i just started it that means its a good idea and has value. another thing always remember Bitcoin is the boss but your not thats Piece's big bro in my eyes he going to the pros or to a big college to show people wat he can do. Piece is a little baby nobody really knows about yet accept a few in this forum. I'm not worried I'm surprised it moved so fast  Grin the original will prevail!!! It has'nt even started walking yet.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 02:51:25 PM

definitely talking way too soon smh lol thats good that it gets a bunch of forks i just started it that means its a good idea and has value. another thing always remember Bitcoin is the boss but your not thats Piece's big bro in my eyes he going to the pros or to a big college to show people wat he can do. Piece is a little baby nobody really knows about yet accept a few in this forum. I'm not worried I'm surprised it moved so fast  Grin the original will prevail!!!
No. Forks as in miners building on different chains.... I don't think there's any difference from Litecoin??? So not sure why anyone wants to fork this.

If you're serious about this, perhaps start answering the more technical aspect of things (both ETFBitcoin's and mine) and be more professional instead of proclaiming that it'll be "better" than Bitcoin. Anyhow, my last reply to this thread and I don't find any point in continuing this discussion. Wish you luck in making it "bigger than Bitcoin"  Wink

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████