Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:59:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Managed retirement funds safe to invest or should I stick with cash?  (Read 257 times)
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 10:27:04 PM

I don't know how much money you have but I would go with suggestion made earlier in this thread to invest in real estate. You may invest some portion of your money in crypto but never place all your eggs in a basket. We don't know what crypto will be in 2050 and on retirement everyone needs a solid passive income, so nothing is best then real estate for long term.

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 10:05:46 PM

Also add the fact that Warren Buffet bought this stock in Feb for $45 and sold it for $24 last week. Why is he selling?

Yep, be weary of anything that fell much, much further than the rest of the market. Buffet selling Delta without waiting for a bounce was a big warning sign too. Travel and tourism is fucked (even with the bailouts) and nobody knows for how long, or what the recovery will look like.

This is interesting, I didn't think he'd be too much at risk of a loss selling a company for half it's price unless the company was going to go into adminstration at least - or bankruptcy...

I think a lot of airlines use interest only loans to buy planes and use their funds to pay off everyone that they get from customers and don't have much of a cash buffer.

Why is this thread in the Speculation sub-forum?It's not about the Bitcoin price.
I thought people used bitcoin discussion and speculation to discuss the bitcoin price? This is just a general economics section for speculating on other assets and to sugggest a bit of diversification slightly away from Bitcoin.

I can't comment on a lot of htese threads when they're all about bitcoin as I'd generally start to feel as if I were repeating myself and this board seems to get used for both actual economy discussion and the microeconomy of bitcoin.

...But I guess you are living in some western country,where the retirement funds are better managed and more successful.
The bank that I use pays 0.15% interest per year.That's 15 cents for every 100 euro deposited. Grin

Yeah they look a lot better here, average about 10% at least (the good ones). This one looks to have been able to hit ~20% over the past few years and I think they're a long standing company so...
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 01:59:31 AM

Yep, be weary of anything that fell much, much further than the rest of the market. Buffet selling Delta without waiting for a bounce was a big warning sign too. Travel and tourism is fucked (even with the bailouts) and nobody knows for how long, or what the recovery will look like.

This is interesting, I didn't think he'd be too much at risk of a loss selling a company for half it's price unless the company was going to go into adminstration at least - or bankruptcy...

I think a lot of airlines use interest only loans to buy planes and use their funds to pay off everyone that they get from customers and don't have much of a cash buffer.

Maybe he wanted to front run Delta's April 9th earning report. There are some pretty brutal expectations, like a 90-100% revenue drop year over year. If the financials are bad enough, the 70% drop DAL saw already may not have been the end of it.

There's a whole lot of uncertainty around travel. I know the model the White House is using to put a ceiling on COVID-19 deaths assumes social distancing and travel restriction measures stay in place through August. I'm not sure if the initial selloffs fully priced in another 4+ months of this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: